Chapter 41

I Am A Man

“Yah! Who are you? what do you want from me??” you yelled at him but he didn’t even seemed to be bothered. “Yah!”

“Can you just shut up ____-ah? you can make me deaf” he nagged as he take his beanie and black glasses off.

“YONG JUNHYUNG? ARE YOU CRAZY? YOU SCARED ME!” you said as you punch his arm repeatedly.

“Yah! It hurts,arggh...stop,arghh” he winced in pain, holding his arm that you punched before stop groaning and closing his eyes like he’s holding a great pain.

“Your acting doesn’t work on me” you said as you straighten your sit. But he didn’t respond you, he still closed his eyes and bit his upper lips. “Yah, Junhyung-ah, i didn’t hurt you that bad, did I?” you shook his shoulder and tried to take a look his arm but he hissed you. “Jun-junhyung...i”m sorry, I...” you said as you turned his head to you, but suddenly.

“Booooooooo!” he shocked you then burst into laughter. “hahaha, your face, haha...” he stopped as he looked at your almost teary eyes. “ya-yah-yah....i’m just, kidding, hey, don’t cry, i’m sorry, i’m not serio...”

“Hahahahaahahah! I got you!” you said as you laughed and wiped your tears.

“Yah...it’s not funny!”

“why? Who said you can make a fun of me?” you sticked your tongue out at him.

“I thought i’ve made you cry, you know” he mumbled.

“hmm?” he only stared at you sadly “What?” you gave him a face “aish...okay, okay i’m sorry”

“2-1 then”

“What? Arghh...Yoongggg” you groaned as you realized he just tricked you. He laughed at you. “Stop it, okay, stop this trick game” you pouted. Junhyung nodded his head as well. “So....what do you want till you kidnap me Mr. Yong?”

“Hmm....spent the night with me” he said made you shocked.

“It’s a trick game again, isn’t it?”

“I’m serious” he said made you put your hands to cover your chest automatically. “Yah! Stop your dirty mind, i’m not a guy like that” he said as he looked away, shy.

“Sooo...what do you mean?”

“Argh...our bonding day,”

“it should be two days after tomorrow, Junhyung-ah”

“Yah....do i need make appoinment first when i want to spend a time with my bestfriend first? That stranger can spend time with you whenever he want.. ” he mumbled the last part.

“Seungho?” he looked away “Whoaa the jealous yong again’ you said playfully,

“I’m not...I...”

“Shut up and drive Yong, let’s go” you said made a big smiled formed on his face.

***

He drove through the road you never know. It’s geting late but both of you haven’t arrived yet.

“Junhyung-ah, where will we go actually?” you asked with a sleepy voice.

“you’ll know, and you’ll like it”

“I’m sleepy”

“Don’t you dare to sleep” he said firmly. “Open your eyes wide” he commanded you.

Not long after, you and Junhyung were arrived at his destination, but you were already asleep, you had’t have enough rest since last night. He turned his head on you. “Aish...how dare she...” he’s abou to shake your shouder but suddenly he stopped. He stare at your sleeping face. Your closed eyes, nose, then your lips, without he realized he already leaned in. His face was an inch away from yours. He could feel his heart beat like crazy. *don’t you know how i wished i could stop the tears from those eyes and put a smile on that lips?* Junhyung’s drowning in his own mind, when suddenly you opened your eyes.

“Whatareyuduing?” you mumbled as you see his face right in front of your face. Junhyung frozen in his position, and blinked his eyes for several times.

“w-we-we’re arrived” he stuttered and back to his seat.

You nodded as you stretched your neck and hands then brought your head closer to the window to get a better sight “where are w...whoaaaaa” you blinked your eyes in amaze.

Junhyung smirked “Beautiful, isn’t it?” You nodded your head many times. A big smile was formed in your face, just like a child who just got candy. You quickly rushed out off the car. Still didn’t believe at what you see. He brought you to a hill. Beautiful hill, you could see the lamps of the entire city downside. They’re like stars. “You like it?” Junhyung asked as he leaned his body on his car cooly. You nodded your head again, closing your eyes, you saved the beautiful view in front of you in memory. It’s so peaceful.

“How could you find this place?” you asked Junhyung as he stood beside you.

“Ngg...secret, won’t tell you” he smirked proudly.

“Aishh....” you punch his arm slightly, he rubbed his arm immediately as he winched in pain, you chuckled at his act. “Thank you” you mumbled.

“Hmm?”

“Nothing” you said *Thank you for bringing me here, i really need this kind of place, i need to refresh my mind*

“Wait...” he commanded as he went back to his car. Suddenly you could feel a warm blanket covered your shoulder. You raised your eyebrows. “What? You can catch a cold if...”

“Is it really you?” your eyes widen, it’s unbelievable, You never seen this sweet side of him. It’s little bit dark but you could tell that he’s blushing.

“W-wae? I-i just don’t want you to catch a cold, if you do, you’ll get the virus inside my car and make me sick too” he said as he looked away.

*Aww...sweet Junhyung* you stared at him, still didn’t believe at what he just did, you could feel your heart fluttered and the stretching butterflies in your stomach. You quickly put your eyes straight, didn’t want to wake up them.

“One more...” he said as he went to his car and came back with a big big teddy bear made your eyes widen more and more. “this..” he gave you that big big teddy,”..you know, i can’t always stand beside you or keep you company,” he let out a sigh before continued “..it’ll change my place, it’s a male, leaned on him when you’re tired, hit him when you’re angry...”

“it feels like you’re gonna leave me” you said in a sad tone.

*No, you’re. I feel like you who will gonna leave me, and i don’t want to being left and forgotten* he said in his heart “I’m not..just i can’t keep you company all the time, you know, i’m a busy person” he lied. You just remained quiet and stared at him in an almost teary eyed. “Why? Why are you so sad? It’s not i’m gonna leave you, just...”

“ani” you said simply. He gave you a questioning looked. “It can’t nag”

“Yah!” he glared at you.

You chuckled “but...really, what’s wrong with you? it’s okay you don’t have a time, no need to feel guilty, knowing that i have you is enough, we’ll be together till whenever” you smiled widely at your bestfriend as he smiled back at you. *I don’t think i can stay when you’re with someone else*

“I want to see sunrise” Junhyung said immediately.

“There’s no sun, it’s night”

“Let’s go to Jeju!”

***

It’s lunch time. Seungho had waiting for you in a cafe near your office. You fell your body on the table immediately as you arrived at his seat. You coulnd’t feel your body anymore. Seoul-Jeju in one night. You just came back from Jeju with Junhyung. You took a half day off, no, not you, Junhyung did it for you. You really wanted to take a full day off but you couldn’t, you have a project to handle.

“what’s wrong with you? you look like a zombie” seungho commented made you lift your head slightly and nodded. “Where have you been? i came to your house last night but you’re not there and why you didn’t pick up your phone?” he asked again

“i just came back from jeju” you said as you took a ship of your drink he had ordered for you earlier.

“What? With who? Why?”

“with Junhyung” you said “Ahh..here’s your dress...aa your girlfriend dress, sorry for made her waiting” you smiled weakly.

“what did you do in Jeju with Junhyung?”

“Bonding day?” you said fake a smile.

“Are you sure?” he asked curiously as he smell something you hide, you nodded immediately before chewing your food. “Are you sure, you didn’t love Junhyung in that way anymore?” he asked suddenly, made you choked. You just remained quiet, didn’t know what to say, because you’re unsure you have found the answer yourself. “Better you don’t give him hope if you don’t feel the same no more” he said as he grabbed the dress box and stood up from his seat. “I need to go ____-ah, be sure of what you’re feeling first, okay?” with that he left you with a bunch of questions.

***

You’re on your way to the bus. You almost reached your house but you thought you need your another time alone this night. A should be refreshing trip to jeju with your bestfriend, but it ended tiring your body and mind more. You leaned your head on the bus shelter.


“Let’s go to jeju!” he said

“What? I have to go work tommorrow” you said

“I’ll take care of that, we’ll back before your work time” he said

“But..Jun..”

“you want to go or not?” he asked you again, you nodded immediately.”Let’s go then!” he grabbed you to the car.

***

Rented a car, both of you drove to the Seongsan Illchulbong. Didn’t want to be spotted, you and Junhyung decided to sleep in the car. But none could sleep, both of you.Talking random things, imagining the future, were all both of you did to kill the time. The signs of the sun would rise were on the sky when you’re about to fall asleep. You slowly close your eyes, but haven’t sleep yet. It was all silent.

“Open” he commanded, breaking the silent.

“Hmm? I’m sleepy Junhyung-ah” you refused

“Open it, won’t you?” he said again, you lazily obeyed his command. But all you could feel was a soft lips that crash on yours, a warm breath against your skin, and flying butterflies in your stomach. The only sound you could hear was his and your breath mixed with the sound of your heartbeat. Your lips slowly dancing with his before picture of Doojoon flashed on your mind. You broke the kiss immediately and push him away.

“...bestfriend should..should not kiss bestfriend” you stuttered, looking away. there’s an awkward silence between two of you.

You could hear him chuckled “We kissed,” silent again “we’re not bestfriend anymore?” you glared at him. Angry hearing those words came out from his mouth. “so..can i court on you?” he stared at you this time with eyes full of hope.

“I can’t let you go, no matter how hard i try” he said again. The already sun rise didn’t get your attention no more, you only looked at him. “Open your heart, open your heart for me won’t you?” your heart broken seeing this side of him. All the time flirting and easy to get girlfriend Yong Junhyung said that to you.


“Are you sure you didn’t love Junhyung that way anymore?”

“Open your heart, open your heart for me won’t you?”

“I love you, I love you ____-ah, I love you”

“Doojoon and G.Na weren’t really dating, _____-ah, it’s fake”

Seungho’s words replayed on your mind. That’s the question you’ve been asking to yourself since you’re on your way back from Jeju. You close your eyes for a moment, trying to search the answer. Picture of Doojoon and Junhyung flashing on your mind. *Why this love is so complicated* you thought to yourself.

Sound of engine woke you up from your mind. The bus started to go. Quickly you got up , tried to chase the bus but before you could have your step, you fell to the ground.

“Arrgh...” you groaned. Your shoes, it’s untied. “Aish..you” you glared at your shoes and cleaned your bleeding knees before looking around, is there anyone around that see you fell. “whoaa...thank God, none here” you let out a sigh and trying to get up, but suddenly you could feel a great pain on your ankle. “Arghh...” you tried to get up again but it’s failed, it hurt so much. Then an arms slung on your shoulder and your waist, support you to get up. He sat you on the the bench.

“yah! How could you be so careless?” that voice made your heart skipped a beat. “Ahh..you’re bleeding, wait here, wait” he commanded as he ran to you didn’t know where. The only thing you know was your heart stopped beating that moment. And you started to walked away before he came back, but the pain in your ankle didn’t let you walked that easy. Not long after he could run after you, you tried to fasten your walk, but the pain grew more and ir's such a waste efforts. You couldn't walk that fast.

"Yah! Why are you stubborn? Didn't i have told you to wait?" there's nothing you could do but stared at his worried face.


Forgive me about that Jeju and sunrise idea, if there's any mistake huhuhu :3