Chapter 23

I Am A Man

You kept silent as you walked beside him to the parking area. He still held your hand, still didn’t say anything too. He opened the door for you.

“Doojoon-ah…” you called him slowly, as he got in the car.

“Hmmm…” he answered you simply.

“we..we can go another day..” he glared at you before you could finished your words. “…you look so tired and..”

“Where’s your favorite place, ____-ah?” he changed the topic. You caught it as a no.

“Han river?” you said, hesitantly.

“Waeyo?”

“It’s so beautiful, I can regenerate my self there after work”

“We go there” he said as he started to engine the car

“There are lot of people there, they might be recognized you, are you crazy?”

“I am” he smirked and drive to Han River.

***

Both of you walk hand in hand, he wore disguised, so did you. You wore your beanie and put your hoodie up. You couldn’t help but observed your front, back, right and your left. Afraid that might be someone or fans recognized him. It could damage his carrier and you didn’t want it happened. You always acted like that when you hang out with Junhyung or Yoseob, you’d change to be like an what it’s called, guardian? It’s hard but you used to deal with it, being a friend of an idol taught you to be a good guardian. But it’s different this time, you’re dating an idol and you should be more careful.

Doojoon noticed you.

“Yah! What are you doing?” he said as he pulled your hand, wanting your attention.

“protecting you” you said as you looked around. He chuckled out loud at your answer. You cover his mouth with your hand immediately. You put his hoodie up.

“Aish, lower your voice, people might be recognized you by your voice!” you command as you grabbed him to the quiet spot.

Both of you standing there, quiet  spot not too far from the Banpo Bridge, seeing han river in silent. It’s relaxing being near water. You love beach, but somehow, Han River could replace it. It’s always managed you to calm and freshen your self. Closed your eyes you took as much as oxygen your body could take. It’s felt so peace. Doojoon did the same, but he opened his eyes first and stared at you.

“Somebody told me, if someone stared at you for a long time he’s falling in love with you” you said as you opened your eyes.

He raised his eyebrows. “Tell that somebody, it’s true” he said as he patted your head gently and put himself behind your, he locked you with his hand held yours. You could feel your cheeks turned to red, you tried hard to manage it. He rested his chin on your shoulder, then burried his face in your necks. You could felt his weight in your shoulder, thought that he’s falling asleep.

*Babo, you should say that you’re tired* you said in your mind,  tried your best to stayed at your position, didn’t want to wake him up. You could feel that your knees started to weakened, fortunately, you could maintain your position.

Doojoon’s POV

I could feel that ____-ah tried her best to support my body. I could tell that her knees started to weakened. We stayed at this position for 20 minutes, she must be thought that i’m falling asleep. I just want to have her by myself. I just want to locked her in my embrace. Suddenly, her stomach growled. I acted like i just wake up from sleep.

*Pabo, why you growl on the time like this?* you said to your tummy (in your mind). You could feel Doojoon moved.

“ah..are you waking up because....” you asked as he rubbed his eyes slowly.

“Are you hungry?” his sleepy-voice asked you. you gave him an awkward smile. “Let’s eat!” he walked as if nothing happened left you who still stretched out your legs. He smirked quietly.

***

You and Doojoon  walked aroun the park, searched a restaurant for dinner. You walked behind him, you didn’t want him to hold your hand, afraid of people recognize him, so you wakled a little behind him.  Both of you walked pass by a cafe, you suddenly stopped,  you held your breath for a while, moments with Junhyung played in your head. It’s your favorite cafe with Junhyung, both of you often came here, when he has day off. Not much people come to this cafe, but it made you and Junhyung love to come here.

*Yah, don’t come to my  mind, don’t come to my mind* you said as you shook your wished that it’s stopped.

Doojoon noticed that you’re far behind him.

“Why? You want to come inside?” he asked as he reached you.

“N-Noo...” You answered him, little bit shocked. “Let’s go” you started to walk, but he grabbed your wrist.

“Let’s go inside”

shook your head slowly as you looked at the ground.

“You have came here with Junhyung?” he asked you suddenly. Your eyes widen, mouth opened, didn’t answer him, afraid that you’d hurt him. “Let’s go inside then”

“Doo-...” he has grabbed you inside.

There’s an awkward silence between you and Doojoon.

“You often go here?” he broke the silent, you nodded, looked at the ground. “with Junhyung?” you nodded again. Memories with Junhyung kept played in your head. Doojoon exhaled. “Good then’ he said, made you raised your eyebrows. “Let’s make a new memory here” he said. You only gave him a confused look.

“I want to make new memory with you in the place you had memories with him” he answered your silent questions. “is it okay with you?” he said calmly. You nodded slowly.

*Is he really want to erase my feeling for Junhyung?* you asked to yourself, somehow you’re feeling touched, but somehow your heart was hard to accept that.

Both of you enjoyed the food you had ordered. He’s in better mood now. Then you remembered incident in the cube ent.building, curiosity took over you.

“Doojoon-ah, tell me about you and G.Na unnie” you blurted out as you took a spoon of your chocolate ice cream in front of you.

He looked so shocked almost choked. It’s okay if you asked about it, right? You and him has dating twice, right?

He stared at you for a while. “ah, it’s okay if you don’t want to... ”

“She cheated on me” he said simply. He looked away before he continued. “...and she choose him over me”

You nodded slowly.

*So, he’s not the one who break up the relationship? So, there’s a possibility that he’s still love her right? But she cheated on him, will he be back with her?* questions pooped up one by one in your mind. You could feel you’re afraid that he’d be back with her.

He stared back at blankly-you, “Waeyo? You jealouus? Hmm?” he said playfully.

“A-a-aniyooo.....”

“yah...i’m happy if you are” he pouted.

“Stop, doing that Doojoon-ah, it doesn't make you looke cute” you .

“yah how could you say that to your boyfriend”

“boyfriend?” you raised your eyebrow

“ngg...boyfriend to be?” you chuckled at him, he could be so funny sometimes.

“depends” you stick your tongue out to him.

“I will” he said, smirking as he flicked your forehead.

“Awh..! you’re full of your self Doojoon-ah” you said.

“Where will we go next?” he asked.

You thought for a while, it’s going late, and Doojoon looked so exhausted though he didn’t show it. “Let’s home” you said.

“Yaaah...why? are you tired?” he said.

“you are, let’s home” he ruffled your hair, happy you knew him.

***

Both of you reached your apartment. Doojoon was about to opened the door for you but you stopped him.

“No, I can open it by my self’ you said, he smiled at you weakly as you get out of his car.

He’s already making his way out if the car. “Where are you going?” you said as you closed his door made him sat back on his seat. Your head was in his window. (you can imagine it, right?it’s hard for me to say it L )

“Take you home” he said.

“I have, and i can walk my self a...” you cut of by a peck in your cheek. You’re blushed.

“You’re like an ahjumma” he said,, chuckled.

You glared at him “yeah, and you’re dating an ahjumma” you . “Go home, take a rest.”

“Thank you ____-ah” he said.

“Nae, now go, please drive slowly and carefully Yoon Doojoon-ssi, text me when you’re arrived home” you acted formal way, made him chuckled. “Bye...” you were about to walked inside when he grabbed your wrist.

“Next date?”

“I’ll think of it” you stick your tongue out, made your way inside.

“I take it as a yess” he shouted. You just waved at him.

***

You leaned on your door as you closed it, smiled like crazy, blush madly. You never felt so worthy like this before. You turn on the lamps, went to your room, you throw your body on your bad still smiling like crazy remembering Doojoon.

Suddenly your phone rang.

*Whoaa, he’s so fast* you thought as if it Doojoon. You took your phone from your bag. Worried filled you when you saw the caller ID. Junhyung.

“He-hello...”

“Hey, you, take your boyfriend outta here!”

“W-h-whaat? What are you talking about?”

“Your boyfriend just make some problem here, come quick!”

“Okay, where?” you asked. The man told you the club’s address

“I’ll come, don’t hurt him” you grabbed your keys and bag, you drove fast like crazy to where Junhyung was.

***

Doojoon still in front of your house, planned would leave after your room dimmed. But suddenly he saw your car come out from the building. He could see you drove like crazy.

*Where will she go this late?* without thinking much, he followed you.

***

You were arrived at the club. A little club, not known club. You could see drunken women and men, kissing here and there. It’s scary place.

“____?” a scary man with big body asked you as you entered the club. You nodded.

“Where is he?” that man called his friend. Two another big body man came with drunken Junhyung.

“Junhyung?” you took him, tried your best to support his body.

“____-ah” he whispered, you could see he smiled weaklu. His face bruised, he held his stomach, as if he maintained his pain.

“Yah! What have you done to him??” you yelled to the man.

“He’s got some lesson for trouble he made, made sure he’s not coming back here” he glared at you.

You took Junhyung out from that scary place.

Meanwhile

Doojoon saw you get out of your car and entered a club.

*Club?* he mumbled *what’s she doing here?*

He was about to get out from his car, when a came to him. “Hi, handsome, what are you doing here?” she asked him seductively.

“Get out off me” he said as he made his way after you, but she grabbed him

“shh...don’t play so hard, i know you want it” she said as she carresed his cheek. He tried to let go of her.

“just go, i’m looking my girlfriend” he said as he looked at the entered door, you were talking to a big body man.

“hmm...your girlfriend is naughty, you love naughty girl? hmm” she landed her hand on his chest. He slapped it off from his chest.

“She’s not” he said as he managed to get of. He looked at the entered door, but you had entered.

Finally he could escape from her, when he saw you came out of the club. He was about to run to your direction but he stopped as he realized that you’re not alone.

*Junhyung?*