Chapter 24

I Am A Man

You helped him got in to your car. He’s no longer drunk. You drove him home. It’s a quiet journey. Both of you and him didn’t bother to break the silent. But you could tell that he took a glance of you along the way home, doubt wether to talk or not.

You’re arrived at his place. He switched on the lamps,  the neat-freak Yong Junhyung seemed like doesn’t freak anymore. His place was messy, like a broken ship. There were a lot of can, some of them were coke, mostly beer. Trashs here, there. And it smelled like an empty house. You made a surprised look. He noticed it.

“Wae? Surprised?” he asked as he took the stuff from the floor. You just gave him a look. Knew where you should go, you took the first aid kit box in the bathromm.

“Sit.” You said as you got back from his bathroom. He’s on the kitchen, still continued thing he did before. He looked at you for a while, wondered what would you do. You have settled your self on his couch. Hesitantly, he walked to you. You patted the empty space beside of you, he obeyed. He looked at to the ground.

“Look at me” you command. You came closer to him. You started to treat his wound. He winced in pain. You stopped for a while, before wiped his bleeding lips with wet tissue gently.

“Are you mad at me?” he said as he stared at you. You continued your work and he didn’t break his stared at you, ignored him.

He grabbed your wrist suddenly, made you stop and stared at him. “Don’t ignore me! I talk to you” he said.

“I’m not” you said as calm as you could, restrained your rage. He loosen his grips, and you started to work on his bruised face but he stopped you again.

“Liar” still stared at your eyes.

“What’s this all about?” you exhaled, “What’s goin on with you? Are you fighting with Hara? Please don’t make your self on trouble.” you exploded, your concerned turned out to angry. You lifted your head, looked at the ceiling, held back your tears.

*It’s all about you ____-ah* He said in his mind as if you could read his mind. The scenes of you and Doojoon repeated in his mind as he stared at you.

Flashback

“Yah, why you look at them that way?” Hyunseung made Junhyung back to the earth. He couldn’t stop staring at you and Doojoon. He could feel anger filled his heart, little bit envy saw you got closer with Doojoon. Upset knowing fact that you and Doojoon were dating, though you and him didn’t say it’s official, but he’s expert on this kind of things and he knew it for sure you’ve fallen for him. Hara’s word about another fact that you love him made it worst. His heart just realized that he love you too but it’s juts too late. You’re falling for another man. He’s feeling like a fool.

“Finally realize it, man?” Hyunseung said, “Sometimes you don’t know what you have till someone takes it from you” he added. All he got is glared from Junhyung, it made Hyunseung chuckled.

“Hyunseung, Junhyung, come, aren’t you hungry?” Yoseob’s voice interrupted them.

“Let’s go to her” Hyunseung said. Hyunseung and Junhyung walked to your direction,  but Junhyung just walked away without looking at you. Left everybody.

He drove for a ride to freshen him self. His mind kept repeating you, and he ended in your favorite place. Han river. He knew you love to being near water, you love to go there when you felt so tired. He walked him self to the spot you and him used to go often and spent time together. Reminding the past. It made him smile bitterly sometimes as he took a gulp of his coke occasionally.

Next spot was the part of Han Rivr park you love the most. It’s quiet and peacefull. You love to close your eyes and taking a deep breath. You could fall asleep there. He chuckled reminding the moment when you and him went there, you’re so tired and slowly fallen asleep. But his chuckle stopped immediately, he’s frozen. He saw two familiar figure from a far. He saw you and Doojoon.

*So, she brought Doojoon there too* He saw Doojoon stared at you and started to hug you. Couldn’t help it, he put him self away from you and Doojoon were. He walked around and rested himself on an empty bench. He took his earphone and turn on his ipod, listened to music, hoped he would get some distraction.

His phone rang after thirty minutes he spent his time on doing nothing but listened musics and observed people.

“Hello..”

“Oppa, where are you now?” a female voice was on the other line.

“Waeyo?”

“Ani, I just miss you” she said cutely.

“Hmm…” he replied, didn’t want to be bothered.

“Um..can you come to my place now?”

“Ahh, sorry Hara-ah, I can’t, im busy right now. next time?” he lied. No, he’s busy. Busy thinking of you.

“But…”

“Hara..” he cut her of

“A-O-kay…” she sounded so upset. She ended the call.

Junhyung took a deep breath as he stood up. Bored. He walked passed a café you and him love the most. Again, he saw you and Doojoon.

*! This universe were kidding me!” he cursed as he walked away.

I need more distraction to get ____ out off my mind* he thought  as he drove nowhere and  ended in an not known club, hoped that none will put their eye on him. He drank till he’s drunk. Instead a distraction, image of you filled his mind. Made his eyes captured a girl who looked like you. He reached that girl.

 “Yah ____-ah, are following me here? Where’s Doojoon? Hmm, are you leaving him for me? hmm?” he talked out of his mind.

“hmm…baby” the girl replied, seemed enjoyed to be flirted by him

“Ha..I’d love hear that, you called me baby” he chuckled “there’s something i have to tell you…I love you too ____-ah, I love you but I kept denied it” he said as he hugged her. He leaned in, he was about to kiss her but a hard punch landed right in his jaw.

“Bastard! She’s ma girl” a gangsta looked like-man punch him.  Junhyung wiped blood in corner of his lips.

“She’s mine!” he punch him back. They’re fighting. That man hit him till he ended laid on the ground. The club’s bodyguard separated them. Junhyung groaned, as he held back his pain before knocked out. Didn’t know what to do, the club’s body guard called you because Junhyung called your name.

End of flashback

“You still care with me?” he said in a lower voice but you still could hear it. It made you more angry.

“Yah! Do you think I don’t?” you yelled at him. A tears rolled down on your left cheeks, and another tears ran after on your right cheek. You wiped it quickly. “You made me worried till death” you took a breath “Don’t you dare to do it again!”

“____-ah”

“Shut up!” you command. You continued treat his wound as tears kept rolling down on your cheeks. You couldn’t deny that you still care with him. A half of your heart still craving for him. Pretending that you didn’t care is the hardest part. He’s your bestfriend anyway, how could you stop caring?

“Go, sleep.” You said as you finished treated his wounds. You were about to leave when he grabbed your wrist. Made you looked at him.

“Where will you go?” he asked.

“Home” you said as you raised your eyebrows.

“Stay” he looked away

“I-I…” image of Doojoon and Hara flashed on your mind. Though you haven’t officially dating him, it felt so wrong to be with another girl's man. Hara, you're a girl too, you could imagine how hurt her feeling if she knew that her boyfriend spent his time with other girl. You felt like a devil, bad bad person.

“Please” he said as he stared at you, made you came back down to earth. “Till I fall asleep” he continued, made a puppy eyes.

“Go sleep” you couldn’t bare to reject him, you put yourself back at the couch. Stared blankly, guilty attacked your heart. Suddenly you felt a head on your lap.

“W-wh-what…are you doing” you stuttered taken a back at his action.

“Ssh…” he said “Just tonight” he added as he closed his eyes. You didn’t believe what’s goin on.

*Why you always make it hard for me Junhyung-ah?* you thought. There’s a war in your mind and heart. You love it, he still gave your stomach butterflies. But it felt so wrong. Such a guilty pleasure. Couldn’t deny that happy feeling, you started to carresed his hair. Quietly, a smile formed in Junhyung’s face. You remembered, everytime you saw him slept, you always swing your finger in front of him and said “Falling for me falling for me”, you chuckled quietly.

“Why you chuckle?” he said as he turned his head on you made you surprised that he didn’t sleep yet. You’re blushed, embarrasse. It means that he knows you carressed his hair.

“Yah! You, you haven’t sleep yet?” you said avoiding his stare. He chuckled at you.

“Stop blushing. Go on!” he command as he put your hand on his head. Asked you to carressed his hair again. Hesitantly you go on carressing his hair.

Slowly you put his head on the pillow as you’re sure he’s asleep. You stared at his sleep face. You were about swing your finger again but image of Doojoon stopped you. You put a blanket over him before walked to the balcony. You did need a fresh air. You took out your phone. No text, no call. Looking at a name, doubt wether you called him or not.

You called him. No answer. *May be he’s to tired to text* you chuckled, tried to calm yourself. Suddenly your phone rang. A smile formed in your face.

“Hello” you said happily

“Hmm…hello ____-ah” he said. Sound so sleepy.

“Ah, you’re asleep now? Mian, just make sure you have home” you said feeling guilty you have woke him up.

“Nae, I’m sorry I forgot to text you”

“It’s okay, go back to sleep…” there’s a silent.

“you haven’t sleep?”

“hemm” you shook your head as if he could see you

“Where are you?” he asked made you panicked. You couldn’t tell him you’re with Junhyung.

“Bed?” you lied. Afraid that you hurt him if you told him the truth.

“What are you doing?”

“Ngg…calling you?” you made a awkward laugh.

“Babo, miss me already?”

“Aish….” He chuckled.

“go sleep” he command

“Nae, good night Doojoon-ah”

“Goodnight” he said simply. You took a deep breath. You turned around and surprised. You saw Junhyung leaned in the window observed you. Without you knew there’s a pair of an eye were observing you from a far.


Whooaaa, finally i can update this story kekekeke, please enjoy *bow*