Chapter 5

I Am A Man

You and Junhyung sit in the couch. He just made you a breakfast.

“Eat this!” he said handing you a bowl of pouridge.

“I don’t like pouridge, you know that.”

“It’s good for your health. Eat!” He insist.

You take the bowl and stare it. “Wae? Want me to feed you?” He said as he take a spoon of his pouridge to his mouth. But no one words come from you. There’s an awkward silent between the two of you.

“yesterday..” you said without looking at him, breaking the silent. Junhyung stops eat and stare at you.

“.....should be our day. Our bonding day.” You said as you take a spoon.

“....I know I ...”

“..Hara told me that you and her are more than a friend. She asked for my blessing.” cut him off. You smile bitterly. “Why don’t you tell me about her? Huh?”

Junhyung still quiet and stare at you. Feeling guilty.

“I’m sorry, i’ll make up to you, I promise... i don’t mean it, I...” Junhyung said in a sad tone.

“Muaahahahahahahha!” suddenly you burst a laugh. Junhyung shocks at your suddeng action. Junhyung’s looking at you with confused look. His mouth make an O-shaped.

“you’re too easy Junhyung-ah! Ahahahaha! I just kidding! ahahahaha” you said pretend that you’re kidding. You do it just to hide your true feelings. Your face is smiling, but your heart is hurting.

“Yah! I think you mad at me,” he said as he try to ruffle your hair.

“Aihs! Stop it! You make me ugly!”

“Yah! No one says you’re beauty too, you’re full of your self” he said.

“But I’m beauty, let me show you...”  Junhyung confused at what you say. You make yourself sit comfortably beside him and start rapping his part in Fiction with his style. He smile at your acts and decide to get along with you, he starts to sing and dance the pinguin dance. The both of you laughing and smiling, making a fool each other. The suddenly your phone is ringing.

Doojoon.

“wait..wait” you said answer your phone.

“Hello? Whats’up doojoon-ah?”

“_____-ah? Feeling better huh?” doojoon said in the other line.

“Nae, i’m looking for you when I wake up, so shocked finding this jerk beside my bed.“ you said as you glare at Junhyung who just keep silent, staring the television. He throw the pillow at your direction.

“Aish! Doojoon-ah, he hurts me hahaha” you said. Throw the pillow back to him. He stands and go to the kitchen take some water.

“Ah...he still in your house? Can I come over? i bring you something.”

“come, come. Bring me a lot of things” you said while smiling. Hung up the phone. Junhyung comes back from kitchen bring a glass of water and sit beside you.

“you seems to get along with Hyung.”

“he’s full of fun.” You said. “wae? Don’t be jealous, you’re still my number one bestfriend” you wink at him.

“Who said i’m jealous? Huh?” Junhyung denied. You just smile at his answered. Feeling dissapointed somehow.

“mm...about Hara, are you serious with her?” you can’t help not to ask him about her.

“wae? You’re jealous?” he smirks. Teases you back.

“aniyaa, she asked me for blessing you and her. It seems like she’s in love with you, she has a big expectation for you. You know, it hurts when you had a big expectation for a relationship with someone who seems had the same thing but in fact she/he’s not” you don’t realize you can tell him that. He just stare at you, doesnt believe you can say that kind of things. The awkward silent come back again between the two of you.

 

Junhyung’s POV.

I do miss the moment like this. We’re making a fool each other. It feels like the world is ours. Her phone suddenly ringing.

“wait..wait” she said.

“Hello? Whats’up doojoon-ah?”

*Doojoon hyung?*

“Nae, i’m looking for you when I wake up, so shocked finding this jerk beside my bed.“ she said as she glare at me. I throw her a pillow.

“Aish! Doojoon-ah, he hurts me hahaha” she said as she throw the pillow back to me. It seems like they’re getting so close now. I go to the kitchen take some water. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now. It feels my heart breaking hearing her talk like that to Doojoon. I’m afraid i’ll be loosing her. Loosing my bestfriend.

“you seems to get along with Hyung.” I said.

“he’s full of fun.” She said.  “wae? Don’t be jealous, you’re still my number one bestfriend”  she wink at me. My heart beating so fast so sudden.

“Who said i’m jealous? Huh?” I denied.

“mm...about Hara, are you serious with her?” she asked me.

“wae? You’re jealous?” there’s an happy feeling in my heart when she asked me that question. I don’t know why.

“aniyaa, she asked me for blessing you and her. It seems like she’s in love with you, she has a big expectation for you. You know, it hurts when you had a big expectation for a relationship with someone who seems had the same thing but in fact she/he’s not”

I don’t believe she can say that. She never talks about things like that for years. It feels like not just a saying.

***

Ding dong!

“ah, it must be Doojoon!” you said as you hurriedly walk to the door escaping from Junhyung's stare.