Chapter 42

I Am A Man

“Yah! Why are you stubborn? Didn’t i have told you to wait?” there’s nothing you could do but stared at his worried face. “Do you hate me that much?” he said as he hold your shoulders with both of his hands, preventing you from walked away. “It’s okay if you hate me but don’t hurt your self, your ankle could get more severe” he said before let out a deep sigh and put his hands off of your shoulders. Suddenly he kneeled down as his back facing you. “C’mon” he said as he motioned you to get in his back. He’s gonna give you piggy back ride.

Looking around you were you were affraid if anyone see him and you. You didn’t want to ruin what he has built all this time. “I-i can walk” you said but all you got was a glare from him. “It’s not that worst like you think Doojoon-ah, look...” you tried to walk once again to show him that you’re alright but you stumbled. Suddenly you could feel your feet didn’t  step at the ground anymore. He pick you up bridal style.

“Yah! Doojoon-ah put me down, now, somebody can see us, your fans, your girlfriend, oh my...!” You commanded as you struggle.

“Just shut up or you’ll make everyone recognize me” he said made you shut your mouth immediately. Slowly you put your hands around his neck to hold on, his heart pounding not that slow not that fast, it’s calming. You smell his scent silently, scent you’ve been missed for along time. Your cheeks turned to red even just by smell his scent and hearing his heartbeat. Without you realized, Doojoon knew what you were doing, a smile formed in his face. *i miss you too ____-ah*

He put you down on the nearest bench and kneeled down in front of you as he take out the stuffs on the plastic bag he brought. He put your feet on his tight and took off your shoe slowly, you winched in pain as he did that. “Shh...” he mumbled, then he put balm on it and treat it gently, tried his best not to make you feel the pain. Right after he finished treat your ankle, he treat your bleeding knees as he blew it to reduce the pain. Both of you were silent, no words said. “Even an elementary student can tie their shoes better than you” he said suddenly made you broke your stared and nodded. “whaa...why you nodded? You’re worse than an elementary student?” he chuckled, made you pouted automatically.

“How could you be here?” you asked him curiously, made him lifted his eyes from the plastic bag to you.

“I..i just walking around” he stuttered

“are you following me??” he gave you an awkward smile as he rubbed back of his neck.

“key?”

“I told you to take it to that secret place”

“But i owe you a bed and a hot chocolate, how can i leave just like that?” He sat beside you and lifted his head to the sky. “i think i owe you tears too” he said as he stared at you, you looked away. “That night I drunk, i had a dream, you say you love me” he smiled bitterly.

*That’s not a dream babo* you said to yourself.

“It’s going late Doojoon-ah, i think i should go home, thank you” you said in purpose to escape from that conversation. Doojoon only could smile. You were about to stand up but failed, he helped you quickly.

“i’ll take you home, come” he kneeled once again.

“A..aani, it’s near, you better go home”

“You want a bridal style again ha?” you shook your head immediately. Doojoon motioned you to hop in his back for the second time. Hesitantly, you obeyed his command. He brought the plastic bag in his right arm, your shoes in his neck and you in his back.

“You shouldn’t do this, Doojoon-ah” you said from behind, put your hands on your shoulder to hold on. “I-i could call taxi or Seungho or..”

“You prefer that stranger than me? Aren’t we agree to be friend again? Friend’s friend” he asked made you shut your mouth.

“But..I really affraid if someone sees us,how about G.Na Un..” he stopped.

“____-ah, what’s your weight?” he suddenly asked then continue walking.

“wh-why..i’m heavy?? Of course i am, should i do diet? Am i heavy much or just heavy?” your questions attack made him burst in laugh. “Yahhh...”

“Hahaha” He could feel you’re pouting in his back. Then both of you remained silent again but it’s not an awkward silent, it’s a comfort silent. But suddenly Doojoon ran, made you surprised.

“Yah..what are you doing? My ankle, Stooop…” You lingered your arms around his neck tightly immediately and he finally stopped. Doojoon let out a satisfied chuckle as he panting from running. “I can fall doojoon-ah, don’t do that again, or I will bite your shoulder!”

“Ahaha you better hold on me tight then” Doojoon smirked. You quickly burried your face on your left arm, blushing. “I’ll run like crazy if you let go your hold” Doojoon said smiling wider. The rest of the way to your home, you stayed on that position he asked you to silently, no words.

“_____-ah, when you’re sad, please call someone” he said suddenly when both of you walked pass the park you used to play basketball often. “Don’t play basketball and crying till die here”

“Uh?” you surprised at what he said. Your mind took you to the time you’re crying out as you played basketball when knowing the fact he’s dating G.Na *That guy, is it really you? You’re watching me?*

“Just call Ji Eun or Jun…No, just call me. Even the reason of that tears is me, call me,” he chuckled before continued “..You can hit me, beat me, if you want to, don’t call someone else, okay,”

“Aish…why should I come to you if you’re the one who hurt me? Instead asking me to come to you when you hurt me, you shouldn’t hurt me, babo…” you said without thinking.

Doojoon just chuckled. “ahaha, you’re right, I shouldn’t hurt you, I’m babo, I just want to be the one who calmed you like the time when you’re crying for Junhyung” he mumbled.

“Yah! How could you be so selfish! You have no idea how bad I wanted to run to you that time and hold on you tight, not letting you go even just a second, but you just closed your door and left me outside” your heart took over your mouth. That words just came out from your mouth. He stopped immediately and continued walking after a while.

Doojoon chuckled, it sounded more bitter than before. “I’m sorry ____-ah. I’m selfish” That’s all he could say that time.

“yes...” you said

“and babo..”

“hmm...”

“handsome”

“No”

“stubborn...” he added

“Yes”

 “and scary when angry...”

“Yes”

“But you love me”

“Ye...s” he chuckled. “Yah..i don’t mean it, it’s...”

“I love you too” he said.

*Babo..babo...babo* you cursed yourself as you felt your cheeks burning red. The situation changed into an awkward one. Both of you didn’t say a word anymore till reached your door. He put you down carefully. “Do you need me to take you till inside..”

“Noo, no, ani, it’s enough Doojoon-ah, thank you” you said, didn’t bother to offer him to come over. You didn’t mean to be meanie but you just don’t want to break the limit you have drawn you self between you and him. He just stared at you. 

“don’t you think you should go home now?” you said breaking his stare that started to make you uneasy.

“Ah..yes, I should go home too, so, see you” he bid a simple goodbye, you smiled back at him.

"Doojoon..wait"

"Nae.." a big smile formed on his lips.

"Ng..."

"What?" he could feel his heart thumping hard.

"Do you see the way i fell earlier on that bus shelter? Don't tell anyone the position i fell earlier, won't you?"

He just stared at you, didn't believe at what you said before burst into laughter. 

"YAH! don't laugh, i just think that the position i fell on that bus shelter isn't that good, i feel ridiculous" you explained him but he just laugh that hard. "DOOJOON!" you pouted.

"arrasseo, arraseo, don't tell anyone that you fell with your face almost on the ground to anyone" he said as he put his finger on his lips.

"Aish..thank you for describing it anyway"

Doojoon nodded his head as he hold his laugh. 

"so..goodnight, doojoon-ah" you said.

"Goodnight _____-ah" He was about to walk away when he suddenly stopped and turned around at you. “Can’t you give me a second chance?”

But you already closed your door.

***

Junhyung were laying on his couch, did nothing but staring at the ceiling. It looked like it won’t to break down. No, not the ceiling, his heart. It’s full of you. He grabbed his car keys and left. He’s going around and around for a while, he parked his car on the familiar building. Beast has a meeting to talked about their anniversary which was only two weeks to go. Though he didn’t want to come and see Doojoon, he had to. Their friendship wasn’t like the old days. He took a distance from Doojoon. He just talked when he needed to talk to him. What he’s worried for a long time happened, no it worst. He hate it when someone else hurt his bestfriend, and now, his another bestfriend hurt his bestfriend, that he actually  he love in a woman and man way. He couldn’t do anything about it, he hate it Doojoon hurt you but he couldn’t hate him.

One hour to go to meeting, he decided to go to the studio and throw what’s all in his mind on a song, like he used to. He walked to the studio and about to open it’s door when he heard people’s talking.

***

Earlier.

After taking you home, Doojoon went to the Cube Ent, just like told before, they has a meeting to prepare their anniversary. But he couldn’t take his mind out of you, your conversation before made him wondering alone. All the member haven’t arrived yet, he grabbed a can of beer and walked to an empty room, studio beast usually used. He took a sip of his beer as he laid himself on the couch.

 “and scary when angry...”

“Yes”

“But you love me”

“Ye...s- Yah..i don’t mean it, it’s...”

“I love you too”

He chuckled alone as he remembering his earlier convo with you.

“Are you okay?” Doojoon surprised, though he’s the only one in that room. He quickly turned his head to see who’s asking him.

“yah..you freak me out” he said as he saw Hyunseung behind him.

“are you crazy? You’re lauging by yourself”

Doojoon chuckled again “it’s sad, Hyunseung-ah”

“What’s sad? Haa...laugh when it’s sad, you’re going insane?” he said again.

“two people...love each other but they can’t end up together” Hyunseung knew what the leader’s talking about. He took a sit beside him and took a sip of his beer before talking.

“_____-ah, she knew” Hyunseung said made Doojoon turned his head at him with widen eyes and questioning looked, no it’s worried looked.

“K-knew, knew what?”

“Knew your fake dating with G.Na”

“What?? Wait..you kne-knew it too?”

“Hmm...” Hyunseung said calmly. “it’s okay, boys haven’t know it yet, just me and ____-ah, and seungho, i think” he said made Doojoon more frustrated than before. “i know you did it for us, for Junhyung and for...her, i know you just want to bring us to the top, but this fake-dating things never been a good idea Doojoonnie” Hyunseung let out a sigh “You should tell us, so we can put the weight together”

“i’m sorry...as boys name, forgive us, sorry for burdening you with our dreams”

“Yah...this is why i didn’t tell you and the boys.” Hyunseung chuckled.

“Junhyung...he had realize his feeling about her, i thought i could make them together if i’m not around” Doojoon suddenly said.

Hyunseung nodded his head. “Yeah...but she has fallen for you”

“And i’m just too late to realize it”

“Do you know what she said after she knew this silly thing? She asked me not to tell you and the boys” Hyunseung chuckled again.

“Aish...that girl...she” Doojoon muttered.

“She’s lovely, she’s kind...she’s..just like my little sister and i want her to be happy, Doojoon-ah” Hyunseung said made Doojoon looked at the ground, guilty attacked him for hurting you. “What will you do now?” Doojoon shrugged his shoulder.

“dunno...but i won’t let her go this time, though i know Junhyung won’t let me to get close to her once again, i have hurt his bestfriend, the one he loves too...”

Suddenly the studio doors burst opened. Junhyung walked to them and flying a punch on Doojoon’s face. “How could you? how could you?”

“Yah..Junhyung let him go!” Hyunseung command as he tried to let go Junhyung’s grip on Doojoon’s collar. Doojoon gave Hyunseung sign to let Junhyung did what he wanted to do.

“She loves you and you hurt her for this ing thing?? Don’t you know she’s crying herself to sleep and woke up with swollen eyes just because of seeing you with her? running till death just to forget what you’re just did??” Junhyung let go of him. He turned around and put his hands on his waist before running his finger trough his hair. “You promised me not to hurt her, you’ll always make her laugh..and now...” junhyung chuckled “You left her, you hurt her just to go on fake-dating and gain more popularity??”

“You’re right..yes you’re right, i won’t let you to get closer to her anymore, I won’t let you hurt her” Junhyung glared at Doojoon.

“Sorry, but i won’t let her go this time, i won’t..” another punch laid on Doojoon’s face.

“Hyung!” Dongwoon yelled, the boys already came.

“What do you want now? Came back when she’s just fine, and hurt her again? Don’t you dare to!”

“I won’t..” Doojoon said as he touched his bleeding lips. Junhyung’s about to flying another punch but he stopped it right in front of Doojoon’s face.

“Stop it Junhyung!” Yoseob yelled.

“Stay away from her” Junhyung let go of Doojoon and walked away.

***

“You’ve got their picture?”

“Yeah, of course” the guy said as he showed the all the picture he got.

“Good...keep following him and take another great picture”

“if that’s what you want...but about the pay...”

“i’ll transfer it later...”

“ahh..okay, okay, nice to work with you”  

“leave..” the guy smiled before leaving.


uwaaaaa....i made a polling before, please choose who you want her to be end up with. i really have no idea what should i choose to, so, please help me huhuhu.