Last Mission: Simple Sweet Answer

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L woke up with a jumbled mind and empty feeling, just as if something had been ripped out from his chest or he had been punched hard and now in some other space state. He tried hard to think what's wrong but nothing came to his mind.

 

He slowly made his way out from bed, walking outside to the living room, and then he straightly met his best friend who just sat around lazily on the couch there playing with his phone.

 

 

Sungyeol's phone.

 

 

The thing sunk in his mind, trying to process any data that maybe can still be dug in.

 

Their eyes met, and Sungyeol's happily waved his hand, persuading his friend to take a seat beside him.

 

"Yah Myungsoo, stop staring and sit here, Sera had gone already earlier, too bad you woke up late today," Sungyeol kindly gave out some information which added another keyword.

 

 

Sera.

 

 

Go...?

 

 

"Sera...go...?" L slowly repeated again, some memory began to load to his mind, and his brain started to process it to make some scenario with the worst case possible.

 

"Where?!" L suddenly launched forward and grabbed Sungyeol's shirt desperately, trying to squeeze out some answer, but just before Sungyeol tried to answer him, he already let him go and started to squeeze his hair instead.

 

"Sera got angry to me yesterday when I message her! Please don't say she's going back to heaven? It's not possible right? She's not going to leave right?" L asked desperately without stop to his poor best friend who can only stare blankly, didn't understand his friend's outburst.

 

"What do you mean? Speak slowly please Myung. How come--"

 

"We're home!!!" There's a click on the door, revealing Sungjong with a happy face and some plastic bags, followed by a petite figure who smiled as well, and lastly Woohyun who's smiling as well while closing the door back. Apparently they are joking about something, but L didn't care about that.

 

"Sera!" He exclaimed with a mixture of relief and confusion on his face. His mind had already registering some bad things that's predicted to be 99.99% happening but now that 0.01% decided to take over that position and appear to the surface.

 

"Oh oppa!" Sera waved her hand "you've woken up!"

 

Sera's grin immediately got washed out after L's figure now crumpled in the floor, shoulder shaking up and down in an irregular manner and even some sobs could be heard from time to time.

 

"Thankfully, thankfully," he repeated over and over again like a chant. When no one actually made some efforts to calm L down, Sera decided she must do it again.

 

"Oppa, what happened?" Sera asked while crouching down beside L. She carefully L's back in soothing manner. He stayed still for a while then began to utter some words while hiccuping.

 

"I---I'm sorry Sera-yah, for being so pushy and--and--and forcing you to tell something you don't want to tell. I-I will understand next time if you don't want to tell anything, just... just please, don't leave or avoid me....okay?"

 

Sera eyed L in confusion, didn't know how L could interpret anything in such a weird things, but now when L's shaking and sobbing again, her weak spot got touched and so she pulled the older one into her hug.

 

"It's okay. I won't leave anytime and I won't be angry at you--"

 

 

"Uhahahahahahahahahahahaha"

 

 

All the eyes immediately got turned towards the laughing figure in confusion, but then a smirk made it's way to Woohyun's face. He thinks he knows all of this whole things.

 

"Yah L! Did you really think that Sera could send you some text with a content like that? She's practically on the same boat as you! She can't leave without throwing some worried glance every seconds! Now you think yourself, could someone so madly in love like that and like you, leave some message saying that she'll avoid you? That's just impossible in so many ways!" Sungyeol exclaimed, and Woohyun's grin got wider, as the other's forehead started scrunched up even more.

 

"So...you were saying..." L began, didn't know how to pull out a conclusion because his mind is still jumbled up.

 

A gentle pat landed on L's head with a little ruffle. L looked at the source and the sight just making him want to cry in joy.

 

Sera smiled warmly at him and then her hand left, proceed to take one of L's hands.

 

"I never got angry at you, even for grabbing my neck like yesterday. How could you pull out a conclusion like that?" Sera asked while circling her thumb around L's back palm.

 

"It's your text, no matter how I see it, it's just showing that you got angry to me," L whined a bit, pulling out his phone to show the text. Sungyeol face-palmed himself then block L's hand which is holding the phone.

 

"Which part of 'Sera can't send you something like that' you don't understand?" Sungyeol sighed "it's me who sent that text."

 

L's face was priceless. He practically stopped changing any expression on his face and just settled with an 'o' forming on his lips.

 

 

Sungyeol sent it.

 

Sera didn't know about that.

 

Sera was not the one who tell that she'll avoid him.

 

 

"Oh."

 

"Yes, oh," Sungyeol grinned, showing his gummy smile.

 

"Then why would you avoid me? What did I do wrong?" L asked blankly, making Sungyeol having another face-palm.

 

"It's just a prank you idiot," Sungyeol finally had enough of it and smack L's head, making Sera who's beside him, gasped loudly.

 

"Oh my! Isn't that hurt?" Sera worriedly rubbed the smacked part, making L smiled widely. He took her hand on his head and gripped it with both of his hands, bringing it to his lips and put a gentle, lingering kiss on top of it.

 

"Tsk tsk tsk," Sungyeol snickered at his friend. He can't be more lovesick than this huh?

 

"Thank you," L said with so much adoration in his voice so Sera can't help but blush.

 

"It's nothing," She sheepishly said and moved away, making L pulled her back and now inside his embrace.

 

"Yah stop that lovey-dovey things already, we need to get ready or Sunggyu hyung will get mad again," Woohyun cut the currently flowing bubble harshly.

 

"Where are we going?" L stood up from his position, pulling Sera with him.

 

"I don't know, you should ask Sunggyu hyung yourself," Woohyun shrugged then cruelly separate L and Sera apart.

 

"Hyung!" L exclaimed watching Sera got dragged away from him with a surprised expression.

 

"Get ready fast then you will be with Sera again," Woohyun said. Sera just grinned and rub L's arm a bit, then left unseen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

5 minutes later, L had already finished to get ready and now tapping his foot impatiently, wondering why exactly Woohyun hadn't appeared yet.

 

"Is he going somewhere with Sera?" L asked with a gritted teeth.

 

"No, he just left unseen," Sungjong shrugged, didn't really pay attention to L.

 

"Then why are them not appearing yet?!" The older stomped his feet childishly, earning some disapproving look from his bestfriend.

 

"Calm down a bit Myung, later Woohyun hyung is going to appear, just wait patiently," Sungyeol scolded then shook his head again.

 

As if hearing a cue, the front door got opened right after that, revealing Sunggyu, followed by Dongwoo, Hoya, Woohyun, and Sera.

 

"Hyung!" L exclaimed "where have you been?!"

 

"Hyung's apartment," Woohyun said casually "let's get ready, we are going to buy something for tomorrow," he continued, pushing Sera to get out from the door again.

 

"What's there for tomorrow?" L asked Sungjong who just shrugged then get out, following Woohyun who's now out of sight, just then L realized one thing.

 

"Hyung! At least let Sera go in my car!" He exclaimed, but left unheard as they had already left again, making Sunggyu pushed him out from the apartment as he's not moving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

"What are we supposed to buy?"

 

"I don't know, where are we going actually?"

 

Hoya glanced towards Sunggyu who's busy looking through the meat section.

 

"It's involving meat," he said simply, earning a disapproving look from Sungyeol.

 

"We can cook meat everywhere, mount, beach, home, like really everywhere," he protested "is there no one else who knows where we are going actually?"

 

"Nope, just Sunggyu hyung,"

 

Dongwoo replied "even Woohyun didn't know, considering both of them talk to each other the most."

 

"Screw that," Sungyeol grumbled, began to take every snack he likes and throw them to the trolley, didn't care whether it fit their vacation place or not.

 

"What do you want to buy, Sera?" L asked and Sera lifted her head to meet L's eyes with a confused expression.

 

"Rather than food, I'm more worried about clothes and other equipment to prepare," she sighed "beach and mount each has very different things to pack though."

 

"You're right," L put his hand on Sera's shoulder, escorting her somewhere "let's just buy for both."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

Later on:

"Why there's so many things?" Sunggyu half-asked-half-yelled at the cashier counter, looking at the 3 full trollies his dongsaengs brought with them.

 

"Blame the one who didn't tell where we are going to," Hoya remarked, then got glared at by Sunggyu, but he ignored it "we just make a safe measure."

 

"Aish," Sunggyu hissed but he can't say anything else because like it or not, what Hoya said was right. He then didn't say anything else and just move forward to the cashier to pay.

 

 

 

The drive back to their apartment seemed longer because they are all tired after going here and there buying stuffs they didn't know whether they need it or not for the vacation, so even the kind-hearted and patient Sera got tired. She fell asleep on L's shoulder which actually made the later grinned like an idiot and sisnt even bother to take a rest like everyone did. He was busy staring and gapping like a lovestruck boy at Sera.

 

 

"L-ah."

 

"L-ah."

 

"Hyung."

 

"Hyung!"

 

A violent shake finally brought him back from the dreamy land, he unintentionally fell asleep too at the end after watching Sera like a stone.

 

"Uh, what?"

 

"You might want to get out from this car because we had already arrived and now it's already late and because I'm hungry and you blocked my way out because you're not going out soon so please get out!!!!" Sungjong lashed out, making L flinched and hurrily dragged Sera out with him then flipping the seat so Sungjong can pass through.

 

"Thanks," Sungjong said shortly and skipping his way to the building, probably already imagining the food he's going to eat.

 

"Next time maybe you should refrain from looking at your girlfriend too much. She's not going anywhere anyway," Hoya come and pat his shoulder, then left to the building too.

 

"Oppa, you're looking at me the entire time?" Sera asked while rubbing her eyes to shoo away the sleepiness.

 

Just before L answered her, she already cut in again.

 

"You are! Look at those eyebags!" Sera poked that.

 

"Ouch!" L took a step back and rubbed his eyes "why you poke my eyes?!"

 

"You obviously lack of sleep, you need to sleep too you know?"

 

"I know but--"

 

"Yah you two! Hurry up and get inside! We need to pack for tomorrow!"

 

Sunggyu's scream made them shot their head to the source of the voice, seeing Sunggyu who's face showing the displeased feature.

 

"We should probably go inside now," L said, pushing Sera to go ahead of him.

 

"Okay oppa, but make sure to take an ice compress as soon as we reach the apartment, your dark circle are getting worse," Sera scolded, trying to poke it again but her hand got caught by L's.

 

"Yah! Stop dating and come here!" Sunggyu screamed again, louder this time.

 

"Aish," L hissed. Sera just giggled and reached for L's hand, grabbing it and pull him towards the building.

 

 

 

 

~

"Hey lovebirds," Woohyun snickered as soon as L and Sera made their way in, "got lost in your love?"

 

L just shot a glare towards the older and when he practically look to the other side to avo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter