Mission #21: Our Story

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n:so, just like this different version of author note (usually it's down there but this time i choose to move it up), this chapter is a little bit different (see the italic? yes it IS the difference)

 

enjoy! ^^

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

"Oppa"

 

"Oppa"

 

"OPPA!"

 

"What is it kid?! I'm not deaf so don't scream!"

 

"You should reply to me from the first time I call then," she humped, puffing her small cheeks.

 

"Listen. I'm not like Sungyeol who likes to befriend anyone, not like the hyungs who are good with a child, and definitely not like Sungjong who can be friend over a candy!" He exclaimed in front of the girl, then a little bit regretting it because he is afraid he is going to get a scold if he made the little girl cried. He looked hesitantly towards the little girl who unexpectedly just stared at him with no hint of sadness on her face, just the pure curiosity.

 

L got forced to stay with the little girl alone as Sungyeol sprinted himself and leave the girl with him, screaming 'take care of her while I'm away' and 'try to be nice'. L originally just planned to stay quiet and accompanied her, probably she would got bored and sleep instead so his duty would be easier but she didn't have any intention to sleep apparently so she always initiated a conversation with L, which made him upset.

 

"Then what should I do to be friend with you oppa?" She stared with almost the same intensity as L himself.

"I don't befriend a kid."

 

"But you befriend Sungyeol oppa."

 

"It's different!" L exploded again. The kid is getting on his nerves and L can't find other answer for her question.

 

"I'll be quiet then, sorry oppa," Sera said, this time just playing with the hem of her shirt, or playing with her own fingers. L tried to be ignorant at first, but the more time passed, he felt more guilty because he knew Sera is usually a talkative kid, she must find this situation uncomfortable. He decided to start a conversation but before he let out a word, there's his best friend's scream.

 

"Seraaa!!! I'm sorry I had to leave you with this jerk but I forgot that I have a test today so hmphdft!!!!" his shout got stopped by L's palm. The younger dangerously said "Who's the jerk you're referring to?"

 

Sungyeol swatted the hand away and dramatically swiped his bangs by throwing his head to the side. Those acts made Sera giggled in amusement so both of the guys turned their head towards her, one in a grin and one in a confused expression.

 

"So you did have fun today with Myungsoo right?" Sungyeol squated down to leveled his eyes with Sera's. The kid nodded happily with a wide smile and L's frown got deeper. As far as he knew, except his explosions, they were always in silence the entire time so he didn't understand what's the fun she's referring to.

 

"But it must not be as fun as with me. Now let's play the real game!!!" Sungyeol said excitedly, taking the small hand into his own big hand and running, leaving Myungsoo alone.

 

"Bye oppa!" a scream could be heard, jolting L's head in surprise. He can see Sera waving her hand from faraway, followed by Sungyeol who did the same, along with "Bye Myungsoo!" so he hesitantly waved back.

 

 

"Sera...."

 

 

They are in the garden, the six of them excluding Sunggyu, because the oldest one said he is going to bring Sera to the superior for some inspection. Woohyun and Sungyeol are currently joking and setting some pranks only they know. The other are just cozying themselves, talking about something light. Not long after that, Sunggyu arrived with Sera beside him.

 

"Oppas!" She exclaimed, running towards them with Sunggyu trailing behind. She jumped to Woohyun's embrace then proceed to hug the other as well, leaving L just stands there awkwardly. He is the last in line or actually, he didn't lined up, but Sera still come to him, smiling brightly and took his hand, shaking it lightly.

 

"Myungsoo oppa."

 

L didn't know what he should do so he lowered himself, squatting down to face her. This act made Sera smiled even brighter and the next thing happened surprised him. Sera stepped closer and hugged him, just for a moment though, before he realized it, Sera had already released him and played with Sungjong.

 

"An improvement there," Sungyeol stood beside him, a teasing smile played on his face.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You only let you bestfriend call you Myungsoo," he turned his head towards the shorter, "in that case, me."

 

"She's a kid. She doesn't understand that rule," L reasoned out.

 

"You can always tell her. She's an obedient kid."

 

"It's fine, adding one person to call me that won't hurt anyway."

 

"Good then," Sungyeol grinned, he left L's side to play with Sera after that. L just stared in silence before he decided to joined them for play. Sungyeol grinned even more.

 

 

"I..."

 

 

Since that day, L and Sera got closer than before. Mostly it's Sera who talked, but L didn't mind it much, just keep her accompany like the last time. There's a time when L talked too and in that time, Sera would try her best to listen and gave the coherent feedback. They are not awkward around each other anymore but they just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter