Mission #45: Sweet Surprise

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day came in a blink of eye, as if it can't wait for them to finally said their decision. They've come to an agreement, and that's not the easy one.

 

"So," the tallest one in the room began "I believe you all had made the decision?"

 

"Yes hyungnim," Sunggyu replied on behalf all of them "we've made the decision."

 

Changmin smiled in satisfaction and nodded his head a couple of times. "So what is it? Your final decision?"

 

"We...have decided to stay here."

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

The night before:

"Jong-ah, are you still with your decision to go back?" Sunggyu asked slowly, afraid to shake the youngest again.

 

"I am, hyung," Sungjong said, low but sure, there's no doubt in his voice.

 

"I know you've been hurt so much, moreover because you have the smallest between you two, and I know because of that, you have a soft spot for her," Sunggyu walked towards Sungjong, eyeing his gesture.

 

"We all love her, we all cherish her," Sunggyu took a seat beside him "but she has gone, there's nothing we can do about it."

 

Sunggyu hugged Sungjong and exactly at that moment, Sungjong broke down into tears, all the barrier he had set up came down into ashes, there's nothing covering his vulnerable state now.

 

"Ugh...hyung...ugh," he took a short breath "she's the only one who called me oppa, ugh..." wiped his tears once "she's the one who treat all of us equally,ugh..." wiped his nose "well maybe except for L-hyung...." he grabbed the nearest tissue and snorted in it "but she took care of me, she understand me and all of us best, ugh...."

 

Sunggyu patted the youngest back as he continued crying on his lap, wetting his jeans in the process, but Sunggyu ignored it for a while.

 

"I'm sorry if my snort probably staining your jeans hyung," Sungjong got up and tried to wipe the soaked part of Sunggyu's jeans, to which Sunggyu just smiled and brushed away, saying it's okay.

 

After everything got calmed down (and Sungjong's sniffing came to stop), Sunggyu began the discussion again.

 

"I'm still suggesting that we should stay, for the sake of our fans and people who close to us for making us popular like this. Even though it's indirectly done, they still part of the help for us to find Sera, they helped us survived here," Sunggyu said, giving out his thought to the others. Hoya who had agreed with him since the first time nodded his head as a supportive form.

 

"Hoya and I had the same decision, which is to stay here," Hoya came approaching Sunggyu and stood beside him as a sign that they are on the same side "but we had to be together, so there must be no different choice, because we work here as a team, we must all stay here or all leave."

 

"Does it mean that we had to choose to stay too?" Sungyeol asked and Sungjong with L immediately whipped their head towards the earlier.

 

"Well I suggest so, but if more of us choose to leave then we'll leave, all together," Sunggyu assured, giving the full freedom for them to make their decision.

 

"Do you still decided to stay, Jong-ah?" Hoya asked, eyeing the hesitant maknae.

 

 

~

After a while, it's decided that they are going to stay with all 7 votes went to the stay choice. Sunggyu gave out his biggest smile and even thank them for being wise and choose to stay, even though it's hard. He then dismissed the meeting that night and let the other 4 left to their own floor.

 

"Hyung, I want to talk."

 

Sunggyu who was staying out for a while on the balcony turned his head towards the voice, and found the lost-looking L.

 

"What is it L-ah?" Sunggyu smiled and gesturing the younger to come over.

 

"I'm still..." He looked up to the sky, body leaning to the railing of the balcony "hyung, have you ever been in love before?"

 

Sunggyu averted his gaze towards L, studying the other's expression before once again, smiling warmly, making the other boy got confused.

 

"I've never," Sunggyu replied, much to L's disappointment "but I know how it feels to lose something we treasure."

 

The smile appeared again, but this time there's a touch of melancholy in it, Sunggyu's already facing the night sky again, reminiscing something.

 

"At that time I haven't fully become a mature angel yet, but I've passed most of the tests and it's just the final one, not to mention I got a perfect score," he grinned proudly towards L for a moment then looking away "my parents at that time were so proud so they gave me a present, something I've been wanting for so long."

 

L just listened quietly, wanting to know the continuation about Sunggyu's story which he had never had a clue about. He waited.

 

"It's a pet, a cute fragile small bird. I named it Glory," Sunggyu looked towards L "you want to know why I named her Glory?"

 

After L's nod, Sunggyu continued, "she's a small bird that haven't even grown up fully yet, but she got separated from her group, and eventually from her family too."

 

"Then how could it be related to the name?" L asked in between, making Sunggyu hushed him.

 

"I haven't finished yet," he scolded "that should be an unfortunate event, but then what I know is that the group got striked by thunder, all died."

 

L gasped, he didn't think the story would carry on to this direction, although it's just a group of birds, it's still a pity that they have to end like that.

 

"So that's why I named her Glory, because I take her as a winner, she escaped that awful ending of her," Sunggyu sighed "you know pet has that attachment to it's owner right, the thing that makes them weaker if they being left alone, and eventually died if it's too long," Sunggyu sighed, and L somewhat knew where this story is going to.

 

"It was not a problem for me at first, because she's that small, I can always bring her anywhere and she won't disturb anyone too, until the last exam was nearing."

 

L noticed the tightening grip on the railing by Sunggyu, but didn't dare to do anything. He wanted to know the continuation.

 

"I know I've been neglecting it too much because the exam was very important for me, but I don't have another choice, but at least she can still stay by my side, she didn't disturb me in anything," he sighed for the nth time, his expression had turned into the mellow one too.

 

"I'm too used to her presence, always thinking that she's there, on her place, only to realize that the place had been empty for sometime," Sunggyu averted his gaze towards the younger one, want to test him "how do you think it happened?"

 

L who's just listening and digesting all this time immediately uttered his thought, "she's dead because she's not beside you?"

 

"Not exactly," Sunggyu shook his head "she heard a same species bird of her, probably asking for a help, and flew away, leaving her comfort place as my pet and stayed beside me, risking to get weaker and probably lost her life, to help her kind."

 

"And then?" L asked curiously. This story had belted away from his imagination and he didn't have the spare thought about something else that might happened.

 

"I've never heard about her again," Sunggyu sighed, but then smiled "I really didn't hear anything."

 

"You...mean?" L didn't catch it.

 

"You know if a pet already got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter