Mission #48: Sweet and Sour

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As L said those words, Sera got frozen in place, can't do anything except stare back straight towards L's eyes. She didn't expect the usual quiet and reserved L to be blunt like this in confessing his feeling.

 

"I love you," he smiled again and as he leaned closer, trying to catch Sera's lips with his own, Sera beat him to it

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

only that it's not on the lips.

 

Sera stood on her toes and quickly gave L a peck on the cheek, and just at that time the earlier ahjumma announced "ddeokbokki 7 servings!!"

 

"Yes omonim!" Sera jolted away towards the counter, leaving L there, a little bit dumbfounded but still having his heart burst out of joy. Although it's not on the lips, still he's happy that Sera at least kissed him.

 

"Here! Let's go!" Sera came back with the plastic bags, showing them to L's face and breaking the stupid smile that's been lingering since the kiss earlier.

 

"Oh, then give that to me," L said back with a small smile as he took the plastic bags all with his left hand and then switched it with the small one containing the chicken.

 

"Why? I can bring it too, let's divide it!" Sera said, trying to snatch some of the bags for her to bring.

 

"No I'm going to bring it all, you just bring that," L said stubbornly, while shaking his head continuously as a sign that he won't take another answer. Sera pouted and then sighed, she can't win against this L.

 

"Then just divide it to your other hand, it's heavy for just one hand," Sera tried to bargain, afraid that the man's hand would get too worked out and over stretched but instead of complying to Sera's advice, L ignored it and took Sera's left hand to interwined it with his own right hand.

 

"Then what should I use to hold your hand?" He smiled warmly to the petite girl, then put the interwined hands to his pocket with a wide smile.

 

"Let's go!" He began the step lightly and Sera could only follow with a warm smile plastered on her face.

 

 

 

 

~

"What's with the kiss earlier?" L asked as they walked slowly back towards the park.

 

"Why? You don't like it?" Sera asked back with a glint of mischiveous look in her eyes.

 

"No, not really," he answered bluntly, making the smile on Sera's face faded away.

 

"I like it on my lips more," he continued, this time he's the one who had the mischiveous look as he smiled down to Sera. He got a punch on the upper arm afterwards.

 

"Oww! What's that for?" L whinned and pouted, making Sera chuckled, but the pout was still there, not leaving L's face.

 

"Why? Is it really hurt?" Sera now became worried, afraid that she put too much strength to the punch. She let go of the interwined hand and brushed it against L's upper arm, trying to soothe the pain she may cause, but then L snatched it again.

 

"It's okay, holding this is more important," L said before shoving the hands to his pocket again.

 

"You lied!" Sera poked L's side with her forefinger inside the pocket.

 

"Yah! It can hurt again!" L protested "from now on using your finger against me is prohibited!"

 

"Even to touch? Okay then," Sera agreed to it easily.

 

"What?! No no! Aish you always make me go back on my words!" L said with some huff and puff here and there.

 

"Don't use it against me then," she answered nonchalantly then chuckled, making L pouted even more. The rest of their way back to the other filled with bickering after that.

 

 

 

 

 

~

"Yah! What took you so long?! I'm hungry and cold here waiting for both of you!" Woohyun screamed and ran his way to the couple as soon as he spotted them with the plastic bags. The others who alarmed because of Woohyun's scream immediately followed suit and started their complains too.

 

"You took ages!"

 

"Where's my chicken?!"

 

"You owe me double portions!"

 

"Your part is mine!"

 

"Why there's only 7 servings?!"

 

"Hyung I'm hungry!"

 

"Oh right! It's yours who's not there!"

 

L took all the blame while Sera just stood in the sideline, trying to explain desperately that it's not only L's fault, but also hers but no one heard her.

 

"OPPAS!"

 

Sera's scream finally shut them all and they now averted their gaze towards the only girl, alarmed after they saw the dark aura emitting from the petite figure.

 

"You all didn't even listen to me," she huffed "I'll just go home then, have fun!"

 

As she tried to make her leave and stunned the other with her outburst, Sunggyu got back to his sense first and calling the girl back while jogged a little, keeping his pace the same as her.

 

"Sera-yah!" He called out. No response.

 

"Sera-yah!" He tried again, his breath is already short, but still no response.

 

"Sera yah! Ugh!!" Sunggyu said with a loud thud sound following afterwards. Sera finally looked back only to find Sunggyu already topled down flat on the ground.

 

"Oh oppa?! What happened??" Sera asked while hurrily going back to the crumpled Sunggyu with two hands stretched completely towards the later. Trying to reach him as soon as possible.

 

"Ugh my nose~" Sunggyu complained while sitting down and rubbed the seemingly reddening nose. Sera knelt beside him with a worry look in her face.

 

"Is it okay oppa? How could you fall down like that?" She asked again, tried to hold the older's nose but hesitated, afraid that she would hurt it accidentally.

 

"Why did you walk so fast like that anyway? I'm busy chasing you till I don't see the stone over there and tripped over it. And even though I managed to coolly keep my balance on, I ended up get tripped by my own feet, how worse could it be?" He complained, still not letting go of his nose so his voice sounded a little bit muffled.

 

"But..." she hesitated "but I don't run though oppa... I'm just speed-walking," Sera said with an apologetic smile, but then Sunggyu shot him a look.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter