Mission #29: Heart to Heart

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm late again...sorry...

 

 

 

 

 

Sun rays made it's way through the window, a bird chirping also marked that it's already morning, time for everyone to wake up. Baekji thought the same thing so she entered Sera's room, only to find the later still engulfed in her own fluffy blanket, sleeping.

 

"Chae..." No reaction.

 

"Chae... Wake up." Still no reaction.

 

Another person entered the room, slowly walked towards Sera's bed, eyeing the later with disbelief in his eyes. Baekji who saw him continued her whisper towards Sera's ear.

 

"You don't want to miss this Chae... I bring you someone."

 

Maybe it's because of the constant whispers or maybe it's really the right time for her to wake up, she stirred for a while before opened her eyes slowly, adjusting the amount of light that got in her eyes. She looked around then found another presence beside Baekji in the room. She jolted up in surprise then a shot of pain made it's way to her head, making her slowly dropped her body back to the bed, mumbling the name of the guest.

 

"Sunggyu.... oppa?"

 

The said man sat down on the edge of Sera's bed, staring at the later.

 

"Chae.. No, Sera?" Sunggyu asked hesitantly. Sera just looked at him sadly, wishing that her oppas won't actually find out until she finished her problem on earth first.

 

"Why are you here oppa?" Sera asked slowly.

 

"Are you Sera?" Sunggyu still wanted to make sure that he did it right this time. Sera averted her gaze to look questioningly at Baekji.

 

"Why did oppa came here Baek? Did you--"

 

"They found out! They did it themselves Chae, I don't say anything except I'm not the one they're searching for!" Baekji panicky defended herself, didn't want to get blamed. She thought that this is for the best, she only wanted Sera to reunite back with the oppas she loved the most.

 

"Then... Please leave for a while Baek, I'm sorry," Sera said after some moment of contemplating, eyes going back towards Sunggyu.

 

"I'll wait downstairs then," Baekji exited the room, throwing her last glance towards the two before closing the door, leaving them alone.

 

 

"Why did you left?" Sunggyu asked immediately.

 

"Why are you so sure that I'm Sera oppa?" She asked back, avoiding every questions Sunggyu threw at her.

 

"Don't question me back. I'm already here means I believed that you are Sera."

 

"What if I'm not?"

 

"Too bad I see you with Changmin hyung already. Now can we continue to our left topic?"

 

Sera sighed, feeling useless to keep denying. "So you tell other oppa too? About me?"

 

"Actually we all already thought of you since Baekji denied herself as Sera, since you are missing as well," Sunggyu answered. "Which bring me back to the first question, why did you left?"

 

"Then other oppas are...?" Sera widened her eyes, panic playing in her eyes.

 

"For this day, it's only me. They don't know your where about, yet."

 

"Don't tell them please. I beg you," Sera cut Sunggyu's word immediately. Sunggyu finding her is already bad, but all of them getting in contact with her again will just worsen it. She doesn't want them to be in danger.

 

"I need to know the reason too!" Sunggyu raised his voice, getting impatient. Sera flinched from surprise, all the emotion she pressed down are coming to the surface now, making her eyes get watery.

 

"I...oppa...there's something I have to take care first...here," she sobbed. "That won't do if you are close to me, it would put you all in danger."

 

"Then are you in danger too?" Sunggyu softened his voice. Seeing his close dongsaeng in a state like this and he can't do anything about it made him frustrated. "Is that why you haven't been awake for 2 days till today?"

 

Sera's head snapped up. "Who told you that?"

 

"I actually came here yesterday too, only to be informed that you were still sleeping from the night before. Thankfully you are awake now," Sunggyu explained.

 

"Oh I'm screwed," Sera ducked her head down and started clasping her head.

 

"If you are in danger, let us protect you Sera-yah," Sunggyu continued.

 

"No oppa, you don't have any of your angel's power here. You came down as a human hence you are as powerless as them."

 

"Then aren't you too?" Sunggyu said back.

 

"I'm different... I was dead once in heaven so I brought all the power I have with me, because I no longer have any presence there," Sera explained with a sad smile. "Actually here too. I'm borrowing Baekji's life to tie me here on earth."

 

Sunggyu stared in confusion. Sure he is smart, but this kind of talk in one go is just too much. "So what..how would it be for you to go back to heaven?"

 

"I can actually go there by myself, because the superiors have tracked me down, but as I said, I have a business to be taken care of, and you all can't get involved since it's dangerous."

 

"Then isn't that dangerous for you too? There are seven of us! We can protect you!" Sunggyu insisted again.

 

"I have to stay here, to protect Baekji," Sera replied back. "She's the string that keeps me, if the worst happened and she's......dead..... I'm gone too."

 

"What?! Then we all will protect you two! How could you let yourself got involved in danger like that?"

 

"You don't understand oppa. You can't beat them, you'll only waste yourselves," Sera tried to keep some of the secret to herself, afraid that telling them more making them won't stay away even for their own safety.

 

"Then what will happened if you got attacked?" Sunggyu asked the question Sera feared.

 

"I...can handle it."

 

"When you lost all the power due to fatigue like two days ago, and there's no one to save you, what will happen?" Sunggyu dug a little deeper.

 

"I...of course the worst will be death," Sera gulped down, trying to erase all the images in her head.

 

"But you won't come back to heaven again right?! You'll just got erased like you never exist to be begin with right?! You said that you don't have any presence anymore in heaven! Tell me that I'm wrong!" Sunggyu raised his voice, standing up with rage, looking down at Sera with anger clear in his eyes. "Answer me!"

 

When Sera didn't answer and just ducked her head again, Sunggyu saw the answer as clear as the pure water, and he won't let her slipped away from them again. He reached for Sera's hand, drag her forcefully out of her room and downstairs, ignoring the constant plead and restrain from the girl. They reached the downstairs and Baekji who saw them immediately raised from the couch she had been sitting on.

 

"Why are you dragging her here oppa? She needed her rest!" Baekji approached the two, trying to reach Sera but Sunggyu blocked her. "I'm bringing her back, no matter what business that is, she needed to come back before any ugly things happened to her," Sunggyu said sternly. "Now could you please let us go Baek?"

 

Baekji hesitantly squatted to the side, allowing Sunggyu to go with Sera but then the later shouted.

 

"No oppa, you can't do that! Please understand! I need to finish that before going back!" She dropped herself on the floor, feeling weak.

 

"You need to know that you got chosen for this ridiculous mission because of me oppa, I'm sorry for that, for making it's hard for all of you, but you'll find out soon, that I need to do this," Sera pleaded again, making Sunggyu squatting down in front of her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter