Mission #27: Clearance

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where is Sera?"

 

"She's with one of them, Sunggyu."

 

"Right, I forgot."

 

"Didn't you forget like, everytime?" Yunho side-smiled, eye still glued to the monitor. The younger ignored that sarcastic remarks.

 

"Have you told him not to left her alone?" Changmin asked again after some moment.

 

"Yes, of course I've informed that she can't be left alone because she needed our own energy as a support. How could I forget that?"

 

"Have you told that she's--"

 

"Yes I have done everything," Yunho averted his gaze from the monitor towards the younger one, shut him up for a moment.

 

"Don't worry too much Changmin-ah, I've observed them, they take care of Sera well," Yunho said from his original position, which is across the room. They actually are in their workplace, gone back to their routines, doing their usual job as the superiors, observing the whole situation in heaven, but Changmin's mind apparently haven't fully returned yet.

 

"Could you tell me when you will observed them? So I could take a look too," Changmin asked using a little bit of his aegyo but Yunho just brushed it off.

 

"Do your own job Changmin-ah."

 

"But..." he let out a big breath through his mouth "how could it be you who's assigned to this whole situation, even though I'm the one that is closer to her, obviously I know her better, and more importantly, I want to see them too," he pouted, not satisfied by anything now.

 

"Don't know, probably because I'm the most experienced, and probably because this is a whole new situation," Yunho replied nonchalantly, making Changmin pouted even more but not saying anything. As much as he wanted to retort back, he can't because he knew Yunho's words are right. He then retreated back to whatever he has been doing on his own desk half-heartedly.

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

Six months later:

"How's Sera?"

 

"When did I heard this before? I think it's still fresh in my mind?"

 

"Can't you just answer me hyung?'

 

The older puffed, "Fine. She's always fine Changmin-ah, when will you stop asking that? You asked that almost everyday you know," Yunho sighed, drifting his eyes back to one particular screen for Changmin's sake, just to see it as peaceful as the others he's in charge of. "See? Nothing's happened."

 

This time Changmin actually managed to tail Yunho to the Observatory Room and took a look at Sera's screen himself. Who knows he could be that clingy when he needed it?

 

"She seemed happy."

 

"I told you, now could you stop worrying already?"

 

"When exactly can we transform her back as an angel Hyung?" Changmin asked when they are on their way to the Superior's Office.

 

"When she reached her real age, 14," Yunho replied shortly.

 

"It's too long hyung! Like 12 years to go! Besides how about her parents?"

 

"I'm sure you have been told about this long period too, weren't you listening? I thought if ut's about Sera then you would know every information existed."

 

"I....forgot..." Changmin waved off his hand in front of his face "anyway, you still haven't answer my question hyung."

 

"About her parents' condition? I'm sure you yourself know it very well. They have been unconscious since that attack, stable, but no sign of waking up," Yunho sighed. "Probably when Sera had regained all her power back, she can do something."

 

"Can't we? So Sera can just stay with her family?"

 

"Here it appeared again! Changmin's overprotective side! Worried much?" Yunho chuckled. "Sera cast some kind of protection towards their parents and it's not vanishing even though Sera now had lost her own power so we can't do anything related to aiming some kind of power towards them, we can only support their condition to the state of stable, not danger," Yunho explained "huft, what an incredible kid."

 

Changmin stayed quiet for a while with empty eyes staring blankly to the floor. After he finished that then he groaned in frustration, making the hot weather they are currently in getting hotter. "I'm so going to take some ice to cool down myself inside and out, bye hyung."

 

"Yeah bye," Yunho mumbled, but the younger one had gone away from his sight.

 

Not long after Changmin left, a light beep could be heard and Yunho easily realized that it came from his device, a warning for something. He took it out and see the details, only to form a frown on his face and took a look once towards one particular monitor.

 

"Changmin won't like this situation."

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

"See Hyung! You kept saying 'it's fine, they can take care of her' and 'you don't need to worry about Sera', I already told you 12 years is too long, they can't even fulfil a year! Now what?"

 

Changmin pacing back and forth in front of Yunho while ranting nonstop about how they were careless, miscalculating, doing stupid mistakes, and many other more negative remarks, making the later got a little bit dizzy and also frustrated because of the constant nagging.

 

"Could you stop? It's already happened now so no use to keep fusing about it."

 

"Now she really needed to live as a human. We originally choose this path for her so she won't need to go down to Earth and living as a human just to go back here as an angel which she originally already be. Aish!" Changmin expressed his frustration, kicking one of his desk's leg, he then suddenly turned towards Yunho again, having some idea "Hyung, let me be the one in charge of her this time, I'm going down to take her after she's done there so no other mess could actually happened again."

"Well too bad, the same angels have been assigned to do that. They'll go down as a human to pick up Sera and come back here."

 

"They? Those 7 kids?" Changmin groaned again. "They failed once and you want to trust this to them again?"

 

"They offered themselves, besides it's not to harmful, good for their experiences."

 

"But there's no guarantee that they'll succeed!"

 

"Neither do you, so just let them be," Yunho said sternly, marking the end of their debate with his tone and gaze towards the younger.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter