Mission #38: Lies

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Turned out that the schedules were heavier than they all expect it to be, requiring them to go back and forth from one province to the other, sometimes even using the domestic plane to travel around. When all the tortures of the variety show ended, they immediately got welcomed by the packed routine of dance and vocal practice for their upcoming comeback, and the recording for the full album also didn't help to reduce their work.

 

Not to mention Baekji and Sera who not even once spare their time to visit, making them constantly felt like an abandoned kids with money, too tired to cook by themselves so they just ordered some fast food frequently.

 

 

"I miss Sera's food~"

 

"You've been saying that since some weeks ago Yeol, cut it out," Sunggyu scolded. The choding ignored it by whipping his head to the other side, pretending he didn't hear what Sunggyu said.

 

"Why she didn't visit us~"

 

This time no one replied, just L staring with his judging stare, looking sharply towards his friend.

 

"Why are you glaring at me~" Sungyeol whined towards L instead, but the younger ignored him.

 

"You Kims sure are the cruellest being here," Sungyeol pouted but this time he didn't expect some reply.

 

"I'll call the superior," Sunggyu decided later then exited the practice room.

 

"What could be the result of that? I don't think it's related," Woohyun asked, trying to understand the intention of the call.

 

"Because we don't have time to find out ourselves, we ask them as the shortcut," Sungyeol sighed "Sera was really close to one of them, the one that called Changmin hyung? They looked like they could be a couple already."

 

"Ah really? Then I won't have any chance with Sera if my competitor is like that... Not that I chase her either but she's actually a perfect one," Woohyun replied then positioned himself on the floor, sprawled messily there. Sungyeol on the other side, averted his gaze towards L for a moment but then looking towards the empty space again. Although he appeared to be the one who making jokes the most, he thought a lot and has a good instinct too. He always has a catch that maybe, just maybe, there's some unseen relation between Sera and his friend, being the first one who seemed to create some space but put care a lot towards the boy, and the later who is actually attracted too but oblivious enough he could die. The image he is currently seeing just strengthened his hypothesis even more. L was staring blankly towards Woohyun, with some hint of surprised and devastated on his face, bonus a clenched fist Sungyeol dare to bet, he won't even realize it.

 

"They don't give me any answers," Sunggyu barged in again with a frustrated outburst and crusted forehead "when are we free enough to make a visit towards their house?"

 

"Are you sure we really need to go there hyung? Aren't both of them probably just busy with their own business?" Sungjong asked, giving some idea so his hyung could reconsider his decision, but all he got was just a glare who -not so surprisingly- came from L, which seemed like he's judging him. The other practically kind of ignoring him, still focusing their attention to the oldest.

 

"We might have some free time after we filmed the music video," Hoya suggested.

 

"After that it is," Sunggyu concluded "now let's get back to our practice, we shouldn't lose our concentration."

 

Just like that, they continued with some worry clouding on their head. This situation felt eerily familiar because they actually went through this before, and when that happened, Sera was gone, even worse to protect them too. Now that they had already found out Sera, they don't want to feel the hurtful feeling of failure anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

"They asked us."

 

"Then what did you reply?"

 

"We didn't give any and they are too busy to press on me," Changmin lied down a bit, resting his back on the sofa he's currently sitting on.

 

"Then why are you here?"

 

"Why? So now visiting a friend is restricted too?"

 

"Well now that I'm stable enough, I don't think you need to visit me that much, considering I'm more than capable to handle everything now."

 

"You are not like Baekji," he sighed "she's as sweet as candy."

 

She sighed, "It's because I'm not Baekji, even though my intention is not to offend you but the way I talk is just--"

 

"That's the point," Changmin cut "everyone see you as Baekji. That's the point of all this things," he pointed out to the girl, dragging his finger up and down in the air to stress on his words. "You need to act as Baekji to make Jihyun won't get suspicious towards you, and also your boys. You don't want them to know right?"

 

"Right. Talking about that, you should probably go now."

 

"See? You kept pushing me away like that make me--"

 

"They are coming here oppa, please hide," the girl said desperately.

 

"Ah they are coming?" Changmin raised from his seat "fine then I'll be watching from the room, good luck."

 

After that being said, Changmin pat the girl's head and left to the nearest room. The girl sighed from the sight of that, but not for long because there's an immediate ring of doorbell in that moment.

 

 

"Oh Baekji-yah," Sunggyu said at the sight of the girl who opened the door for him.

 

"Oppas," she greeted back simply, moving a little bit to the side to let the boys get in "what brings you all here?"

 

Sungyeol nudged Sunggyu to reply "well we have been wondering why either you or Sera came to visit us, usually both of you always came though."

 

"Ah that..." Baekji sat on the edge of the sofa "it's been a heavy weeks so I barely had time to visit you oppas, college could be very busy sometimes."

 

"But where is Sera?" Sungyeol finally couldn't hold his curiosity. The reaction he got is not what he expected. Baekji stared at him with a clear confusion.

 

"Didn't she tell you all?" She started by a question. All the boys just shook their head as a no.

 

"If so then, she went back already," Baekji informed.

 

"What do you mean went back?" Woohyun asked.

 

"She just went back, to heaven she said," Baekji gestured her pointing finger up, emphasizing the direction of heaven.

 

"Well that's not possible," Woohyun denied back "she's supposed to come back with us."

 

"But what I said was the truth though, she really went back herself."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter