Mission #26: The Moment When It All Began

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Try it again."

 

Another blast coming out from a girl's hand pierce through the air, hitting the target right in the middle.

 

"Good, keep it like that Sera."

 

"Yes father."

 

Sera was 13 years old that time but she had already mastered all kind of self-defence technique, thanks to the hard training she received from her father.

 

The training session of that day has ended as the father left to the building, doing his work as the head department of security, maintaining all the peaceful environment in heaven and taking care of any trouble that popped in once in a while.

 

Even though her training session has ended, young Sera kept continuing to train herself, sometimes closing her eyes while doing it to increase her accuracy but that day, a footsteps present making her turned to the source of the rustle, increasing her self-defence just in case.

 

"Sharp as always."

 

Her once serious expression broke into wide smile when she saw the source of voice. She launched herself towards the other girl, hugging tightly.

 

"How are you?" The girl asked while patting Sera's head softly.

 

"I miss you unnie, what takes you so long?" Sera replied, didn't break the hug yet.

 

"Something just came up."

 

"Ah right! Speaking of that, dad has been busy these days, I think there's some serious problem until dad need to handle it himself," Sera explained on the recent condition, "but first let's just get back to home, mom must be missing you so much!" Sera dragged the other towards their house, missing the smirk that usually never appear.

 

"Mom! Unnie is home!" Sera exclaimed once she opened the door, her mom welcoming both in a wide smile but she flinched a bit when she looked at her oldest daughter. She just took a mental note to talk with his husband later.

 

"Jihyun-ah, you must be tired. Take some rest while waiting for your father. We'll have dinner together."

 

Jihyun just nodded, proceed to her own room and locked the door.

 

 

 

~~~

 

"So how's your task Jihyun-ah? You took longer than expected," their dad who's currently munching the food opened the discussion.

 

"Yeah, taking a soul back was never an easy task dad," Jihyun replied. "Coming back here is hard too."

 

"The security got thickened these days because there seemed to be something wrong, there's some from the dark side that managed to get in, thankfully my trained soldiers managed to wipe them all."

 

"It's a good thing then," Sera beamed then all of them continuing their dinner, never actually catch the tensed feeling.

 

 

 

~~~

 

"Unnie! Come accompany me training!" Sera exclaimed once she caught a glimpse of her sister passing by. These days she has been wanting to train and have some sparing together but Jihyun often went out and it's very rare to see her so when she's present, Sera didn't want to miss the chance. She didn't get what she wants though because Jihyun actually ignored her, not even sparing a glance, making a frown grew in her sister's face.

 

"What's wrong with unnie?"

 

 

 

~~~

 

"Jihyun-ah, come and have a talk with me for a while," their dad calling out at one rare afternoon when he saw Jihyun. The girl just lifted one of her eyebrow as if questioning her father's intention, but just following afterwards.

 

"I know what hold you back that time, and I know what you've been doing there days after you coming back," her father said once Jihyun closed the door, making her hand froze on the door's handle.

 

"You don't need to search for reasons. All I've found pointed straight to you," her father continued, resting his chin on top of his hands. "I just want to know your intention."

 

Unexpectedly, Jihyun turned with a smirk on her face, making her father raised his eyebrow, judging what might be inside his oldest daughter's head.

 

"Yeah, so you just know now father? I'm disappointed actually, is this the best coming from the strongest and smartest in heaven? I can even trick you for this long time."

 

"You are in the wrong way. I've known it since you left to do your mission back then. You're not following the right procedure and kind of rebelling. You are getting away because I cover up for you," her father stood up from his seat, "but now I won't do it again. I'll be the one that arrest you," he took a hold of his daughter hand, surprised from the lack of refusal.

 

"How could you become like this? I didn't remember raising you like this."

 

Jihyun let out a snort. "Pfft. Raised me? More like trained me heartlessly like I'm not even the part of the family!" She bursted out, her face showing a clear rage.

 

"I don't do things like that. It's just you who can't reach the target I set," he said sternly. Jihyun forcefully freed her hand in a perfect time, when her father least expect it, she just yanked her hand out of her father's grip. She then pointed her hand at him.

 

"Maybe you could taste my power now, the result of your training," she smirked again, "then maybe you could realized that I actually reached the target!" The energy launched straight towards her father, ready to pierce through.

 

"You don't do things like this unnie," Sera came, shielding his father from the attack by bending it towards the floor.

 

"You....." Jihyun's expression got darkened. "You are the root of all this problem!" She approached her sister slowly. "Because you always following my task and even perfected it, it's always me who's at fault because it seemed like I can't reach the target!" She launched herself, encircled her hands at her sister's neck, choking her. Their father trying to release Sera from Jihyun's hand but Sera pushed him back, holding his hand and squeeze it lightly, signalling that she's fine.

 

"I just...like to do things together...with you...because....I love you....unnie, you are the only one that I felt the closest to," she reasoned out with a hitched breath, Jihyun's hands got tightened as moment pass by.

 

"You have no idea how much I despise you then," she began planting her nails to her sisters neck, leaving marks and scratches. "Taste this."

 

 

PLAKK

 

 

Before Jihyun managed to plant her nails further, their father released an attack from behind Sera, swatted the older girl's hands away from the younger's neck and released another one straight towards Jihyun's chest, making her collapsed on the floor.

 

"Why don't you fight back? She endangered you," the father scolded Sera, the girl just ducked her head while still rubbing her sore neck.

 

"I can't.... I can't attack her.... She's my unnie," her trembling voice signed that she's in the verge of tears and shocked condition so her father change the topic.

 

"And what makes you appear here? Shielding me?"

 

"I....envisioned it...dad," she muttered quietly. The room went silent after that.

 

 

 

~~~

 

"What's with the long face? I thought you must be happy after your birthday some days ago?" A boy sat himself on the bench beside a girl.

 

"What do you expect? My unnie turned bad and I can do nothing about it, besides....."

 

"What?"

 

"No, nothing."

 

"How could you keep things from me Sera? I thought we are best friend?" The boy whinned and Sera just sighed.

 

"You'll find out in time oppa, now let me sit here alone and think," she shooed the boy away, expecting him to obey and leave, but the opposite happened.

 

"If you need to think that hard then share it! I'm a superior if you haven't realized yet," he informed proudly.

 

"Changmin oppa," she sighed again, "if I can share it I'll definitely tell you the moment we met but now just can't okay?"

 

Changmin actually wearing his judging face for a while before accepted the condition and just keep silent, but not leaving. A moment later Sera heard his snores. She took a look and can't help but chuckling, even though it's not so sincere.

 

"Thankfully I have a friend like you oppa, I can always share my thought with you," she smiled sadly, "but not about fate though. It's for my thought only." She continued considering every limited choices she has in her mind until the sun gone and she had to invite Changmin inside her house (he needs to eat right after he woke up or else he won't budge to his house, which is just beside Sera's house).

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter