Mission #22: Emptiness

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Infinite has comeback again with their new song, The Chaser. Since they are currently very popular, they immediately climbed up the charts and win many times on music programs. True, they still feel proud. True, they are happy with the win. True, they got more recognition after that because of their sharp and synchronized dance.But still there's something that felt just empty.

 

That emptiness came from no other than the fact that Baekji threw some days ago.

 

The fact that they are wrong once again.

 

The fact that they failed to keep her by their side again.

 

The fact that even they are the one wo made fault, Sera still tried to protect them.

 

The fact that they now have zero clue about her whereabout.

 

Just everything.

 

They felt hollow now.

 

Baekji still accompanied them everywhere if she had time and they felt thankful for that. They need that kind of support in the time like this, to at least keep their hope to meet Sera again, they need to keep their ties with Baekji, and at least to feel that they can still do something to help Sera, which is by helping and protecting Baekji.

 

Today's stage was another successful one. They win again. They put a happy front and accepted the trophy. Giving their winning speech, then going home because they have no other schedule. They get in the car in silence, and just stared blankly through the window. The trophy had long been neglected, sitting nicely on one of the empty space on the seat.

 

"The win didn't feel like the last time," Sungjong blurted out when they are all still in their car. Everyone heard that and in all honesty they have, they are all having the same feeling, it's just that they are trying hard to bush it off.

 

They are heading to their new apartment which was gifted by the director the moment of their first win last time. They didn't feel as happy as when they had their first win because that time they celebrate it with Baekji and Chaeji, now there's only Baekji, and on top of that she's not the right Sera they have always thought of. The worse is both of them are also their first guests in their new apartment, now it felt emptier, and it felt really evident now.

 

"Don't mention it Sungjong-ah. It felt like adding salt to a wound," Sungyeol grumbled as a feedback after some time, tossing his body more to the side, hoping that he won't hear Sungjong's comment anymore.

 

"Sorry hyung, I thought you all sleeping," he said, then kept silent.

 

Sungjong thought that all his hyungs must be sleeping because the location of their new apartment are farther than the old one. He is right actually, most of them are indeed sleeping because of the hectic schedule but Sungyeol the forever light sleeper, got awaken easily by any sound. Little did they know, there's another person who's still awake, and he felt guilty again for his carelessness that time.

 

"Sera... Hurry come back to us. We need you..." he whispered quietly then closed his eyes, trying to wash away the guilty feeling inside.

 

They didn't know about one fact though, their Sera is actually not going far away from them. Now because all they now is that Sera is leaving to some other place, they are imagining that she must go far away, even going abroad to another country because the first time Baekji mentioned about her, she told them that she had just comeback from other country so now they immediately thinking about that when in fact, she's just going away from the big city. She even made a time to come watch their stages that day with some shades and proud smile plastered permanently on her face throughout their performance.

 

"The Chaser is a great song... Oppas... Why is that title felt so heart-piercing?" She smiled bitterly as a tear trickled down her face.

 

 

~~~

 

On the other side:

"They seemed over the top right now."

 

"Yes unnie."

 

"So what do you have for me today?"

 

"There's good news and bad news, your choice."

 

Jihyun clicked her tongue in annoyance. "I have to heard both anyways. Just tell me already!"

 

Sohyun flinched a bit as always, then proceed to tell anyway.

 

"I found the location of Sera, but she is being protected by the five superiors," she cleared ,"I also found out that she actually could return to the heaven by herself, but she choose to stay because of those angels, the boy one."

 

"Which one is good actually?"

 

"I haven't finished yet unnie. The boys had known the identity of their Sera.."

 

"Sera is mine!" Jihyun exploded, rising from her seat. "She's supposed to go with me right when I started betray everything there! She's supposed to get influenced and turned to me! Not against me!" she humped. "Such a waste to lose a strength like her... Now I have no other choice but to demolish her!" She talked in low, dangerous voice.

 

"Yes, your Sera, and the fact that she's going away from them made them down right now, it's the best situation to slipped her to one of them."

 

"Release her, and make sure she'll catch the biggest fish," Jihyun decided, looking towards the capsule.

 

"She's ready and Gayoon unnie had built her exactly like the boy named L's ideal type."

 

"Long hair, innocent appearance. Fine, good. What's the name we'll be giving to her?" This time she asked properly.

 

"Kim Do Yeon. She'll be the daughter of a big company's owner."

 

 

 

~~~

 

Autumn season on the second half of the year:

L was busy taki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter