Mission #36: Practicing Day

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You need to train on a day like this too?"

 

"Yeah, next year is going to be a busy year," Dongwoo answered while tightening his shoelaces.

 

"How busy?"

 

"There are our own variety show, and especially the comeback. We have two for next year," he finished then straightened up, facing Sera and then smiled "why so curious?"

 

Sera wasn't answering, she went blank instead, making Dongwoo ducked his head to see her face closer but before he got a complete stare towards the other's eyes, she already mumbled something.

 

"I'm sorry...."

 

"Why sorry though?" He asked again while still maintaining his position.

 

"Because of me...you all have to do this kind of tiring things," she replied dejectedly "you won't even have to do a mission and can still do well on heaven..."

 

"Heyyy,"Dongwoo pat Sera's cheek lightly, making her facing him "I don't say that stuff so you could feel guilty. We all happily do this kind of stuff though. We get to know so many human and even having fans, aren't that great?" He smiled widely.

 

"But stil..."

 

 

"Dongwoo-yah, are you finished yet?" Sunggyu asked while stepping out from his room.

 

"Long time ago hyung, even Hoya has already waiting on the van," he said while grinning, earning him a side glare.

 

"Let's go then," Sunggyu signalling the younger to follow him but before they completely get out, Sera called for them.

 

"Wait!"

 

"What is it Sera? You have something you need to buy?" Sunggyu asked, behind him Dongwoo stared too.

 

"Do you mind if...." She fidgeting with her finger, shook her head once and then continued "Can I come with you?"

 

For a while Sunggyu and Dongwoo only stared at Sera, not sure if she meant what she said.

 

"If I can't then it's--"

 

"No! Of course you can!" Dongwoo said cheerfully and then turned to Sunggyu, pleading with his puppy eyes "right hyung? Right? Right?"

 

Well, as if that's really needed. Sunggyu was more than glad to be able to bring Sera along to their practice because heck, it's been a looooong time.

 

"Yes, what make you think that we won't allow you to come with us?" Sunggyu said warmly, kind of ignoring Dongwoo who started hanging on his hand, despite his positive answer. "You are no longer a mission to us, you are a family, so don't even hesitate to ask us something."

 

Sera smiled back despite her teary eyes "Thank you so much oppa," she then rushed to the kitchen and took out something back, wearing his shoes, then grab her coat. "I'm ready!"

 

"Let's go!"

 

 

 

"Oh! Isn't that Sera?" Sungjong asked, raising from the backseat to point out towards Sera who's boarding the other van. Everyone immediately look forward, including L who on that day, unfortunately, agreed to switch place with Woohyun because he said he had something to discuss with Sunggyu.

 

"She boarded the van!" Sungyeol exclaimed "ah why doesn't she board here instead," he complained.

 

"Maybe because the number of the people there are less than here," hoya said his rational answer.

 

"Ah hyung, we are really not compatible with her," Sungjong sighed.

 

'Really? Are we really not compatible with each other?' L wondered alone in his head.

 

"Especially you L hyung," Sungjong continued, making L's head snapped up.

 

"Why me?" He demanded.

 

Sungjong sighed once and began with his sass. "Look at you, you could be in that van, together with her but it's today out of all day you need to switch places with Woohyun hyung," he explained.

 

 

One imaginary knife stabbed right through L's heart.

 

 

"She seemed more distant to you too these days, don't you think so?"

 

 

Another imaginary knife made it's way to L's heart.

 

 

"Maybe it's Woohyun hyung who's fated with her, look at how close they are, and how he got lucky this time."

 

 

He thought his heart doesn't have another space, but yet another imaginary knife still find a way to stabbed another space on his heart, making it awfully painful.

 

 

"I want to sleep," he stated, didn't want to hear another hurtful remarks.

 

"Eh? But we almost arrived hyung!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

A blasting music got heard again in the practice room, but Infinite haven't got into the choreography yet, they are all watching attentively as the choreographer showing them the dance move they are supposed to duplicate.

 

As Infinite's attention got focused to that, Sera's mind also flew away to the other night when Baekji came to deliver her clothes.

 

"I'm glad."

 

"Why?"

 

"You got to be together again with the oppas," Baekji side-hugged Sera who's currently making hot chocolates for all of them.

 

"Yeah..."

 

"What's with the powerless answer like that?" Baekji took a side peek to Sera's face. "Ah right! You say you want to speak about something to me, what is it?"

 

 

Silence.

 

 

"If this silence means there's something happened then I demand to know!" Baekji playfully exclaimed, just enough to not be heard by the boys outside. She wanted to see Sera's reaction but unfortunately, Sera still kept shout, just with a somber expression.

 

"I'm really disappointed Chae," Baekji sighed "I thought we are sisters."

 

"We are Baek," Sera replied almost immediately.

 

"Then why can't you tell me your problem? You don't trust me?" She wore her most disappointed face.

 

"It's not like that Baek, of course I trust you..."

 

"Then tell me!" She demanded.

 

"Promise me you won't get pressured? You have all the ability to reject this kind of things you know it right? I won't force you to give your help or ask you to--"

 

"Could you just start telling me?" Baekji cut Sera's rambling at once "Before the boys felt that you took too long time and they decided to peek, or worse, eavesdropping."

 

Sera sighed once before telling the other her concern.

 

"It's about my existence in here Baek."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter