Mission #12: Candidate 1

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A music without lyrics can be heard blasting from one of the room in the company. Seven men moving their bodies out, almost in sync. Their tiredness could be seen clearly by the amount of sweat that's wetting their body parts and their clothes and their panting is getting louder. They have been practicing this particular song for a month and a half now, but they haven't heard the lyrics yet. As for L's and Hoya's birthday which came on March, Sungyeol baked cake for both of them and they eat out at a place near their dorm, followed by Sunggyu who's fussing out about his own birthday which will come exactly one month from Hoya's.

 

After practicing for some time, they got a 10 minutes recess. Their choreographer pointed out some movements which needed to be sharper and guiding for the tempo to be precise. The choreo are actually simple, but the problem is that they need to be 100% in sync for every movements, like the time they lift their hands, the angle they tilt their heads, to the point where they should look at some particular movements. Memorizing and doing those had been hard already, but the problem that they had to be in sync made it harder.

 

When they were about to start practicing again, the door got opened and the director made his way in. All the boys bowed their heads to him.

 

"How's your practice?" The director asked, settling himself on a chair.

 

"It's been good hyungnim," Sunggyu replied, facing the director.

 

"What do you think about the song?" He asked again.

 

"From the background music we've been heard all this time, I think it's a fierce and sharp song, hyungnim," this time Woohyun replied.

 

"Right, I forgot I haven't given the lyrics to you all. Now take a look at this," he said, looking through a file he brought and taking out seven pieces of paper. Sungjong took it all and distributed it to each of his hyungs. They all read it attentively.

 

"This is your song, your debut song, what do you think about it?" the director asked again after a while.

 

"Well I think the lyrics are just fine, it actually describe us well," Sungyeol said, earning a confused look from the director.

 

"What's the meaning of that? Are you waiting for someone to come back?" He asked with a crease on her forehead.

 

"Well we lost a precious friend long time ago, we always hope to find her again," L reasoned out, stopping Sungyeol from saying a weird answer.

 

"Right, then it's good. You all can put your emotion more to this song so it will sound more passionate on stage. You'll start recording this title song next week, along with another songs which are included in the album. I'll give the rest of the lyrics to you all as soon as possible and ley you heard the demo songs, prepare yourself and keep practicing," he said, standing from the chair and made his way out from the practicing room, followed by a faint 'yes' and 'thank you hyungnim' from the boys. Soon they began their dance practice again.

 

~~~

"What do you think of this 'Comeback Again'?" Sungyeol asked his friend when they had arrived home that night from practicing.

 

"Just like you said, it represent us very well, the longing, the urge to make her come back again, just like that," L grumbled his answer out, tired and ready to close his eyes anytime.

 

"Yeah I think so too, well then good night Myung," Sungyeol left Dongwoo's and L's room, heading to his own room in silence. That night, he dreamt about Sera.

 

"Oppa!" A girl's voice could be heard. Sungyeol turned his head almost immediately, only to be greeted by an empty space, there's no one behind him.

 

"Oppa!" The voice called again.

 

"Where are you?" Sungyeol kept turning his body to all direction, wanting to see the girl who called him.

 

"Where are you Sungyeol oppa? I'm here," the voice said. Sungyeol tried to point out to some direction and decided to run towards the direction. He was right. He was greeted by a back of a little girl. The girl then turned her head, smiling brightly towards Sungyeol. He got swept out from a sudden rush of familiar feeling in his heart.

 

"Sera...." Unknowingly a tear escaped his eyes.

 

"You found me oppa," Sera said, standing up from her spot, still with her smile. Sungyeol tried to approach her but then a sudden bright light engulfing Sera, blinding him from seeing the later.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter