Mission #23: Back

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where is Jiyoon?" Jihyun asked for the nth time. Jiyoon has been missing since the last time she reported herself to spy on Sera.

 

"We are currently trying to find her unnie. It's unusual for her to disappear like this," Sohyun replied, fumbling around with her notebook, trying to track Jiyoon's location. The situation stayed like that with Sohyun got trailed by the impatient stare from Jihyun. But that didn't stay for too long apparently.

 

Not long after the door got opened, revealing Gayoon with someone on her shoulder. Sohyun who saw taht the older was struggling immediately rushed to help. Jihyun following closely behind still with her impatient and mixture of curiosity stare this time.

 

"Unnie...." Gayoon dropped herself to the floor then lied Jiyoon's body carefully on the floor.

 

"What is this? What happened Gayoon? Where did you find Jiyoon?" Jihyun demanded an answer.

 

"I tried to find her by going to Sera's location. But what I found is only Jiyoon's body being lied on the bench nearby, and the house had already got emptied, she's not there anymore," Gayoon explained.

 

Jihyun stomped in frustration. She almost got Sera but now she's missing again, and Jiyoon now unconscious like this. It seemed like all the things she did just fired back to her.

 

"Unnie..."

 

The voice calling made Jihyun come back to her senses, facing the terrified looking Sohyun.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Jiyoon unnie....is not the part of us anymore," she said blankly, too shocked to show other expression.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Silence.

 

"Answer me Sohyun."

 

 

 

".......She's being turned into human," she gathered a courage to reply and then said her answer, earning some gasps from the other two in the room.

 

"How could that happened?!" Jihyun exploded first.

 

"I don't know unnie...." Sohyun sobbed, feeling helpless now they lose one person.

 

"If she's a human now, we can't let her got involved to this activity, we must keep it secret from her," Gayoon advised, followed by a small nod from the youngest. She then bring Jiyoon to her own room, knowing that she could wake up anytime now because she had been left as a human, they assumed, for a week already and that's the limit time for her consciousness to be back. Seeing any of those things in the room would just uncover their secret.

 

"We need the change of plan," Jihyun said after Gayoon left. "Sera now is a lot stronger than before, I see. She can change us back to the human form and we wouldn't want that. It's just making us in the disadvantage side."

 

"But how unnie?"

 

"We must fish her out first," Jihyun started, "by disturbing her peace state. We need to disturb the boys."

 

"But they are protected," Sohyun said again, making the older tsked in annoyance.

 

"We are not going to attack them. In fact, we are going to get closer to them, making Sera can't stand still and decided to come to the surface. That way we can demolished her," Jihyun smirked evilly but Sohyun just stared with a worried look on her face. She's not sure about the plan, but decided not to say anything so Jihyun won't get more pissed.

 

 

What they don't know is that Sera had decided to turn back to her family on earth. She didn't plan to hide herself.

 

 

 

~~~

 

The day of the confrontation:

The two figure moving back and forth, releasing their attack one by one. Some got to the target, some got ditched, and some other just got belted out by another attack.

 

"Haven't you had enough?" Sera said, trying to stop the fight.

 

"The same goes to you. Just surrender!" Jiyoon replied ambitiously despite her fatigue.

 

At that time Sera' stamina was obviously not in it's prime so Jiyoon's attack left some impact to her quicker than how it should be, but because she had already improved, her attack are faster and stronger. Soon the situation is reversed, it's Jiyoon that's more drained than Sera.

 

"You know that you can't beat me in this kind of condition right?" Sera spoke again, giving Jiyoon some spare time to actually digest her words.

 

"I don't care! As long as i could defeat you then Jihyun unnie would be satisfied!" She screamed and tried to attack Sera again, this time from a close range.

 

Her decision was bad though, because Sera easily caught her hand and twisted it, then gave just enough force to make Jiyoon got thrown to the ground.

 

"Jiyoon-ssi. I'm sorry for doing this, you know I have no choice, or it's actually you who didn't give me any other choice," her palm started to get glistened from some sort of power that haven't been released even once in the fight earlier.

 

"I don't mean to hurt you, it's just....you choose the wrong path. I hope after this time the life will be better for you," Sera walked closer towards the panting Jiyoon on the ground, directing her hand towards the other then release the last attack which made the other left unconscious.

 

Sera heaved a sigh and dropped her body to the ground for some time to recover a bit. With some little energy left, she then got up and brought the unconscious body back, lied her on the bench, she went inside the house after that, recharging her energy for a couple of days before left it completely, along with Jiyoon's unconscious body.

 

"I'm sure one of your friend will find you, life shouldn't be that cruel," she mumbled while disappearing in between the trees.

 

 

 

~~~

 

Current time:

Sera had been walking around, delaying her arrival in her own house. She strolled around the city of Seoul, taking in the beauty she left for a while. Only after sunset, she headed towards her old house. She stopped a while in front of it, making sure she's not in front of the wrong house (she has a bad sense of direction) and then got in, knowing very well that right now all the family had arrived home from work.

 

"Mom, Dad, Brother. I'm back," she said lightly in front of the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter