Mission #40: The Downfall

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: i suggest you read the author note at the end of this chapter, just in case so you won't wait too long only to be disappointed =.=

 

anyway, enjoy!

 

 

~~~

At the field:

"Where's that confidence?" Jia sneered from the side, Jihyun had long gone.

 

"Shut up."

 

"Decreasing our number wasn't easy right? I even helped you once but till now you don't even make any progress more than that," Jia provoked even more while still throwing attack towards Sera, who's easily bending it or avoiding it.

 

This isn't going anywhere, Sera thought the matter had become worse, and I can't drag Baekji along in this kind of situation.

 

"You are surrounded," Min declared in front of Sera with a satisfied look on her face. Sera then took a brief look around then caught a glimpse of proud Jihyun once again, smirking Suzy, and impatient Jia.

 

"Perfect," she mumbled, secretly collecting some power on her hand for a blast later.

 

"What are you going to do huh? You can do nothing now!" Jia shouted happily with a mean smile that never left her face.

 

"Just see it later," Sera replied back, still focusing her power to her hand.

 

"What are you waiting for? Now!" Jia commanded. On that cue, all those three release their power, but Jihyun left, saving her own life, just like how Sera predicted before.

 

"Just perfect," she smiled a bit before releasing her own, intending to make it clashed with the opponent's.

 

"Baekji-yah, thanks."

 

Sera closed her eyes, concentrating.

 

"This body, I returned it back to you."

 

 

Just before the impact of the clash happened, a body got thrown far away from the circle of the field. Unconscious, but breathing slowly. Just before the body hit the ground, a shadow came and catch it.

 

"Now it's up to her alone."

 

 

CRASH

 

 

~~~

"I've heard about Sera and that one superior's plan before," Baekji continued her story "they were on my house, the living room, when they talked about how to fight the one Sera has been chasing for."

 

"Who is it actually?" Sungyeol who's completely clueless about Sera's opponent asked suddenly, realizing he had forgotten about that important thing.

 

"It's her sister," Baekji answered "you know her too, your senior."

 

"It's Jihyun-noona?!" Sungyeol guessed in disbelief with wide-owl eyes, staring sharply towards Baekji. The later then just nodded, confirming Sungyeol's suspicions.

 

"I worked with her back then, I thought she's a good person!" He exploded, raising up from his seat with a fuming face, intending to step out from the apartment to confront the said girl but then Sungjong caught his leg.

 

"What are you doing Sungjong-ah?" Sungyeol tried to pry off his leg but Sungjong moved closer by hugging it tightly.

 

"She has a power too hyung, on your human state like this, you won't be able to do anything to her," he replied, helplessly hanging on the older's leg while closing his eyes tightly, afraid of getting swatted away.

 

"He is right Yeol, now calm down and sit again. There's no use of getting angry and act abruptly like that," Sunggyu added, stared straight to Sungyeol's eyes, trying to convince him, but the younger didn't move away, he just stood still there with the unchanged anger on his eyes.

 

"Come on Yeol," Dongwoo stood up from his seat to drag Sungyeol down, the later finally obliged half-heartedly, couldn't reject his hyung.

 

Little did they know, there's someone who's watching them from afar.

 

 

~~~

"Look how they worried about you," he averted his gaze towards the still progressing battle, particulary watching the small figure whose movement got a lot slower now "after this, all that problem will be over and you can freely return to heaven without anything burdening you," he sighed, looking at his own device to check whether there's someone who called him or not. His mind then flew away to the agreement he had done with the girl down there just a week ago.

 

 

"I probably would confront her sometime on the next week," she informed to her friend, who's actually expecting this kind of words sooner or later.

 

"Well..."

 

"But again, I really need your help," she grinned in sorry but the man was just sighing in defeat. Didn't know how the girl in front of him could talk about a matter like this lightly. It could even cost her the entire life but she still managed to smiled and grinned through it, as if it's just a tiny task or even more, a joke.

 

"What help? You want me to fight with you? I'll gladly help," Changmin replied with a serious face. Deep inside him, he is as eager as Sera to fight against her sister, to restore the peace back. If only she didn't strictly banned him from coming along.

 

"Of course not, I haven't changed my mind. You won't get involed in anything I did on that day, your duty is just one, so please do it perfectly, for me."

 

Changmin sighed again. With this kind of talk, he knew he won't be able to turn down all her request, especially when he knows that day, the worst thing that can happened is Sera got vanished, existence completely erased from everywhere, and the chance of that to happen is extremely high.

 

"You need to catch Baekji for me," she continued, dragging the older back from the corner of his mind. He stared in disbelief.

 

"You can't! That kind of action would consume most of your energy and...and..." He can't even finished his words.

 

"I'll die, vanished, erased. I know," she said without any hint of waver on her voice. She had decided this kind of plan from a long time ago "but once the things got out of control and there's a big chance that I'm going to receive full blown, she should be excluded from there. I won't let her die with me. She must be saved and continued her life as usual."

 

"No, I can't do that," he shook his head vigorously, as if Sera would change her mind after he did that. But there's no harm in trying, and if he did it well enough, Sera might consider his refusal.

 

"You promise you will help right?"

 

There it goes, all his hope were crashed down to the deepest place possible. Just by saying that, he knows that now Sera didn't consider to change her plan, and he doesn't have any choice because he promised already.

 

"You promised oppa, you have to help me," Sera repeated when there's no reply from the older, staring intently.

 

"Fine," he mumbled grumpily at last.

 

"What?"

 

"Fine! I'll do it! Happy?" He said even more grumpier. Sera beside him only smiled widely in satisfaction.

 

"Very."

 

 

 

~~~

"Get ready to disappear."

 

"Look who's talking."

 

"You are all alone."

 

"Well you too."

 

"Not anymore."

 

A voice came from the side, walking confidently towards them. Both of the remaining girl hissed at her appearance.

 

"What are you doing here traitor?" Jia growled through her teeth, obviously annoyed "if you didn't run away we won't lose Min and Suzy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter