Mission #20: Revelation

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The year had already changed. It's now February. The boys has been busier than ever because the comeback is nearing. Their last bonding time was when the twins had their birthday celebrated. Since then they are occupied in Woolim Ent. building, doing all for the sake of comeback. Sometimes Baekji made her visit, but there's something changed. There's no longer Chaeji attached to her side. At first no one actually realized because the boys attention were only focused on Baekji, their supposed to be Sera. Moreover, Sungyeol's cooking class with Chaeji had already ended because Sungyeol succeed in making the duplicate of the girl's cake on Dongwoo's birthday. Little did they know that Chaeji cried on that day, not because of happiness but because Sungyeol had succeed, it means there's nothing hold her back to stay anymore.

 

After some months passed and they almost reached their comeback time, Woohyun who discussed together with the other boys the night before finally curious enough to asked.

 

"Baek, why did you seem so down lately?" Woohyun started softly.

 

Baekji who had just arrived can't say anything in reply, she just busying herself, arranging things here and there.

 

"Does it has to do with Chaeji? You don't come here with her anymore. Did you guys had a fight?" Hoya tried to console her too.

 

"We can talk about it with her, so that this kind of misunderstand--"

 

"I don't fight with Chaeji, she's just won't come anymore," Baekji cut Woohyun's word, her back facing them, tried to hide his expression. this answer draw attention from every boys as they finally decided to move closer towards Baekji. Sungjong reached out for her, turning her body to face them.

 

"Why? Did we make some mistake that angered her? We can apologize--" Sungyeol tried this time.

 

"She's gone!" She exclaimed in between Sungyeol's trail of words, dropping herself to the floor and still facing the ground.

 

"Baek, don't say things like that. Where is she actually?"

 

The asked one immediately whipped her head up. She was thinking the exact same thing back then. Now she realized that she had made it too obvious. She tried to tone it down.

 

"She....went to do something," Baekji reasoned out but Infinite didn't seem to buy it. They stared at Baekji for quite some time before launching all the question they have in mind.

 

"What is it?"

 

"We haven't see her for months though."

 

"When will she came back?"

 

"I haven't repay her for teaching me."

 

"I miss someone who call me oppa."

 

"Where is she?"

 

Everyone kept bombarding Baekji with the questions regarding Chaeji. Now that Baekji mentioned about Chaeji's gone, they are getting worried too. Although it's not that obvious, but they also felt something missing when Chaeji is not present. Like it's incomplete. As they became attached to Baekji, they can't help but attached to Chaeji too because they are completely the opposite, they complete each other.

 

Now all the attention are focused on Baekji. Everyone stared at her, hoping for some explanation to be let out.

 

"I have a confession to make," Baekji said after a while, eye still staring on the floor but voice clearly having some tone in it. Sigh and surrender. "I know you are searching for someone here but unfortunately, you all had just missed her by a step, or more probably." She lifted her head, regret filling her face. "I'm not who you think I am, and so do some people around you."

 

Those vague answer didn't really got proceed by Infinite. They want a more clear one. Adding the unclear one only piling up their curiosity even moreand making them impatient.

 

"Baek you better tell us the clear one. We really want to kno--"

 

"Sera," Baekji turned her head towards L, With just that one word, L got shut immediately, shock evidence on his face. "I'm not her," Baekji finished then by this confession which surprised everyone in the room. They fell in silence and when they are able to sink it in, the only voice that made out are just some mumbled 'what'.

 

 

 

~~~

 

Flashback the day after the twins birthday:

The morning came up fast after the night they spent together with Infinite celebrating their birthday. Baekji cried again and insisted to sleep together with Chaeji last night. She did that to make sure Chaeji can't go without telling her where she's going because till this day, Chaeji refused to tell where she is going and with who.

 

A pair of eyes got opened slowly, looking at the other beside her and the other's hair slowly and lovingly.

 

"I owe you so much," she sighed, watching as the other cudled even more to the pillow, getting the vibe of comfort from there.

 

"I'm sorry for being a bother all this time, and even burdened you by borrowing such an important thing called life, yet you never complain and instead, taking me as your own sister," she sobbed, but tried hard not to let her tears escaped.

 

"I know you really want to know where I'm going but I can't tell you Baek, Ineed to make sure of your safety." She sighed and getting up from the bed, tucking Baekji with the blanket to prevent her from getting awake. "Thank you for sharing your life with me, I promise I'll come back when I'm stronger, in the meantime, you are safe," she said, then left to refresh herself and change clothes. She picked up her suitcase and exited the room, taking the last look of all the things inside, including her currently sleeping peacefully twins, smiling slightly and softly said her last greetings.

 

"Goodbye Baek."

 

 

Baekji did planned everything, sleep with Chaeji, trapped her in her own embrace, woke up at the same time with Chaeji and tackled her from leaving until at least she tell where she is going. If that didn't succeed then she'll bring her to the Infinite oppas to confess everything. That actually is a perfect plan, except she forgot the most important things.

 

Chaeji is a petite girl that easily sneak out from her embrace and she herself is a deep sleeper. So she got awake a couple of hours later after Chaeji gone, finding that she's alone on the bed, only accompanied with a note.

 

"I'm going. Don't worry. Don't tell Infinite oppas my secret or I'll eat you! Kidding Love you sis, bye."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter