Mission #19: Farewell... Again?

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some clatter and other noises such as wind whirling could be heard coming from one of the space in the house. Sometimes a nag could filled in between those too, and sometimes a groan.

 

"It's not like that oppa, if you do it like that, the texture of the cake will change and the taste will be different from mine. Look at that."

 

"It's the same thing!"

 

"No it's not. All this time you have been doing the stirring like that so your cake never taste the same as mine. I never pay attention to it because I think all the people will do it the same way that I do, but today you prove me to be wrong. Now try again."

 

Sungyeol and Chaeji are currently in the twins' kitchen. The male had been learning how to make a cake Chaeji's way for some days now because some months after Sungyeol's oath to learn from Chaeji, the group are still busy with their promotion and packed schedules. Just now they had barely their free time. Sungyeol being the child he is, always remembered every promises he or the other person made, so he immediately made a visit to the twins' house, only to regret it some days after.

 

"Let me have a break some minutes," he raised his pointed finger then rushed out from the kitchen and dropped himself on the sofa.

 

"Chaeji's scolding is way scarier than the choreographer," he mumbled while resting one of his hand covering both of his eyes. He had just known that the girl is as strict as the strictest teacher.

 

"I'm not scolding you oppa, it's just Dongwoo oppa's birthday is around the corner, and I want you to make a duplicate cake of mine for his birthday so Baekji will be happy too," Chaeji appeared and stared down at Sungyeol's face which is currently contoured into a shocked mode because of the girl sudden voice.

 

"But I don't know that it's this hard. I always do it my way and everyone said it's delicious, it doesn't seem that different," Sungyeol started to whined, his ultimate weapon.

 

"Nothing's hard. You just have to follow my instructions and my cake will soon be yours too," Chaeji waved it of as if it was nothing, reaching for his hand and dragged him towards the kitchen once again. Sungyeol let out some few groans but just be obedient nonetheless.

 

After some few more scoldings and whines, the doorbells rang, and a moment later Baekji's voice could be heard.

 

"Chae are you baking a cake?! I can already smell it!" The voice came first, followed by the one who screamed it, eyeing the oven herself.

 

"Oh Chaeji's cake! Oh you're here again hyung," Sungjong later came, grinning towards Sungyeol whose face screamed for help. He ignored it.

 

"It's almost finished. You can taste it later," Chaeji informed, taking the baked cake from the oven and let it cool down on the table.

 

"I think we can't. I actually want to leave now with Sungyeol hyung. There's a practice shedule," Sungjong informed with a face full of regret. He actually hungry and want to eat Chaeji's cake.

 

"Crap! I forgot that there's a shedule today! My cake haven't finished yet! Jong could you excuse me for some times? I promised I'll head there immediately after this all finished," Sungyeol ranted, slightly panicking.

 

"No hyung. We are going to learn the next step remember? If you're late then you'll get left behind too far," Sungjong declined.

 

"Then my cake...."

 

"It's okay, I'll finish it, the whole baking things is already your doing anyway, I'm just decorate it and it's fully yours," Chaeji offered, "if you want then I can bring it to your practice room."

 

"Are you sure you're okay with that?" Sungyeol said, Sungjong from behind added "But Baekji said she wants to see us learning the choreo though."

 

"No I can wai--"

 

"Baekji could go first. I'll just come later," Chaeji said again. This time Baekji got her eyes sparkled again, then she grabbed Chaeji's hand to go upstairs.

 

"What is it?" Chaeji asked when they had arrived in Baekji's room.

 

"Are you sure you don't want to let them know?" Baekji asked, eyeing the other's eyes carefully, searching for the answer.

 

"No," she answered shortly, knowing where this kind of conversation will head to. "Why are they practicing again though?" She asked, changing the topic.

 

"Why though? The fastest they know the better right?" Baekji tried to persuade again, but Chaeji didn't respond, she looked through the other's wardrobes instead, so Baekji decided to just drop the topic for now.

 

"They are practicing for their new song," she answered Chaeji's question earlier.

 

"They are coming back again?"

 

"Yeah, that's what Sungjong told me, they are going to come back next year."

 

"Next year is only two months later though. Time sure flies fast," Chaeji said, scanning the calendar.

 

"Are there any deadline?" Baekji asked again.

 

Chaeji sighed when Baekji asked, but decided to answer this time. "Not really," she turned to face the other, "but the more time consumed, I probably got weaker," she let out a sad smile.

 

"Hurry tell them then!" Baekji urged her again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter