Mission #4: Big Decision and Farewell

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone got stunned by what L had blurted out earlier. Stunned is actually an understatement, there are so many different expression, started from Sunggyu who whipped his head abruptly to L's direction, opening his eyes at their widest (as big as Sungjong's normal eyes) with disbelief in his face, Woohyun who creased his forehead, Hoya who's just looking without expression, and Sungyeol who's gaping without letting out any words. Sungjong and Dongwoo didn't show any weird expression because Dongwoo is currently crying silently (he's always a sensitive man) and Sungjong is calming him down, even though he stole a glance towards L sometimes. The later himself is standing unwaveringly facing his superior (being known as Yunho) without any hint of doubt in his face.

 

"What?" Sunggyu finally blurted out, still with the same expression. Yunho then lifted one side of his lips, smirking.

"Are you sure about this?" Yunho asked then, the amusement by L's statement was evident on his face.

"I'm never be more serious than now," he replied with still the same expression.

"Do you think it will be easy? Probably?" the superior keep asking,

"Easy or not, I've decided to do this so I won't back out."

"Even though you don't know what you'll do and you don't even know what she is?"

"Yes, Sir"

"You're ready to get hurt or even not having a chance to not becoming an angel anymore?"

Everyone in the room gasped. Having a chance to not becoming an angel anymore is a serius case. It's either being sent down to earth as a human to die once again and to be judged all over to determined whether he can still be an angel or not, vanishing as if he never exist before, or the worst of all, being taken by the devil and got possesed till he forgot who was himself before. Sungyeol reacted fast, he immediately made his way towards L in an unbelievable speed and shaking his friend's body, as if to bring his thought back to a clearer one. That act didn't work too well or maybe L is already in his right mind, because the only thing he said is that one word, clear and steady.

"Yes," he stared back at the superior with sharp eyes, making Sungyeol put his hand back down on both of his sides, still troubled by the fact that he might lost his best friend.

"Still the same answer, I guess you're very determined then," Yunho said at last, signalling that he almost agreed to L's offer.

"Wait, where is she?" Sungyeol suddenly asked after he tried to differ his stare to anything but L. That statement succeed in pulling everyone's (except Yunho) attention to an empty space which was occupied by Sera's body before.

"She's being taken to The Descending Chamber," Yunho answered, clear to everyone.

"Do you mean...?" Sungjong asked hesitantly, refused to believe the idea.

"Yes, she's being transferred to the human's world. She'll be reborn as a human so she has a second chance to come back here alive," Yunho replied again, directing his word to the youngest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter