Mission #24: Glimpse of Her

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A music blasted from the music room. Infinite members are having their intense practice time again for another comeback. This time it's a cheerful song titled Man in Love. This type of song is not new for them since they had already tried it before with Nothing's Over but this time they can't be as cheerful. In the middle of the song, another thing blasted, and it is the door.

 

"Hi everyone!! Oops," Baekji immediately covered with her palm, she had disturbed the sacred practice time. The boys just ignored her as she tip-toed her way towards the nearest chair that she can sit on.

 

"You are strange today," Hoya stated as he took his drink from the floor and gulped it.

 

"Yeah, you are too cheerful. What is it? Tell us so we could share the happiness!" Sungjong sat himself beside his best friend, trying to dig the news.

 

Baekji now realized that she's too obvious about her happiness so the smile on her face immediately faded away.

 

'I promise Chae not to tell them, now what should I say? Stupid Baekji!' She scolded herself in her mind.

 

"Hey, just tell us," Sungjong nudged the girl.

 

"Uhm... It must be because.... It's nearing my birthday! Yes it is!" She exclaimed, glad she found the perfect reason.

 

"Oh right it's nearing the end of January. So what do you want as a present?" Sunggyu gave his attention this time.

 

"I had already received the best gift!" She said again, the happiness slipped again. "From my parents!" She added while grinning as wide as possible.

 

"So we just need to celebrate it then! Can we come to your house on your birthday?" Sungyeol said cheerfully.

 

"Yes! Of cour- No!" She corrected herself this time. "I planned to go somewhere to celebrate it with my family so you can't came!"

 

A sigh of disappointment can be heard from Sungyeol. Baekji then felt bad about it. "We had already asked for a day off though."

 

"It's okay. We can celebrate it together the day after right?" Woohyun said, this time Baekji only nodded. The rest of the day passed with Baekji silently watching Infinite's practice while daydreaming about her plan with Chaeji on their birthday.

 

 

 

~~~

 

On the birthday day:

It's still 4 in the morning when Sera's room got opened fiercely and the next thing happened to be more fierce.

 

"CHAE IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY HURRY UP AND CELEBRATE IT!!" Baekji ran towards the bed and throw herself there, then got up and started jumping, sometimes stepped on Sera's body parts.

 

"Baek it's only four..."

 

"You ditched me the last time because I wake up late so now I'm early!" She still jumped on the bed so Sera finally gave up and raised her upper half body from the bed.

 

"Right, now I'm up. What do you want this early though?"

 

"Be ready for my makeover!" Baekji said excitedly, dragged the poor one towards the bathroom.

 

 

 

~~~

 

Three hours later:

"What's this smell?" Jiho came downstairs straight to the kitchen why scratching every part possible on his body and still with a scrunched eyes, only to find Sera cooking with Baekji sitting nicely on the nearest chair.

 

"Oh Baek, Chae happy birthday!" He remembered then rushed to hug both, only to be shoved back.

 

"I'm cooking!" "You smell!" Both of them said together. Jiho scrunched up his face then said, "Fine! I'll take a bath first! After that you two can't resist me!" He went upstairs to take a bath quickly.

 

Apparently, that quick bath really only last for 10 minutes and he's already down again, and still got shoved. He gave up with a more scrunched up face than before then dropped himself on the chair beside Baekji. Not long after, the parents came down too, already freshen up themselves.

 

"Baek, Chae, happy birthday," Hojin hugged both then got followed by her hushband.

 

"Father and mother didn't get resisted! Why me?!" Jiho protested again but the twins just ignored him, giggling instead.

 

"Let's eat!" Sera exclaimed, bringing the pot to the table and then sat on Baekji's other side. Their breakfast filled with cheery talks and laughter, mostly from Baekji since she's kinda hyper. When the clock striked 8, they all finished their breakfast and ready to leave the house. The parents and brother left for work while the twins heading to the mall, having their days out together.

 

"So how's the oppas?"

 

"So you are curious about them too?" Baekji said, linking her arm with the other one. They are currently strolling around inside the mall, taking some look of nothing in particular, just bonding time.

 

"If you don't remember Baek, I...."

 

"I know, I know. I just like to tease you," she smirked, "they are going to have another comeback," this time she turned her head towards Sera, "about a cheerful song apparently."

 

"Ohh..."

 

That was the only sound Sera managed to let out. She actually wanted to know more but she doesn't know what to ask because she never got too close to them in this live as a human. They all thought she's not the Sera they are searching for. Baekji seemed didn't catch what Sera wanted too because she didn't explain anything else and just keep commenting about some clothes on the store instead.

 

"When is it Baek?" She finally asked again, making the other turned her head again.

 

"The comeback? It's nearing the time, in March if I'm not mistaken," she replied nonchalantly, after that every conversation got stopped because there's a sale on a department store, and Baekji loves it, but Sera hates it because it means getting squeezed in between people, so she released herself and Baekji was too blinded to realize that.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter