Mission #15: There She Is

Angels' Mission
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their debut is just days from now. Even though it's still didn't hit them why exactly they think that this is the best way, it's still deadly nerve wracking, and definitely more tiring because they want to present a perfect stage. They finally got a correct name for their group, Infinite. The director was in his right mind and thinking that Infinite is a good name, it suits them well too because the director always seemed satisfied seeing their fast progress and new talents, so Infinite it is. For the boys, it meant practically the same, but they added another meaning courtesy to the symbol. It shaped like a number 8, which they thought was perfect for them and Sera together. They will come back as 8 to the heaven together in time.

 

"Hyung can we take a 5 minute rest?" Sungjong asked while clearing the sweat out of his face.

 

"Okay, 5 minutes it is," Sunggyu replied, taking a towel he brought from the apartment himself. He then distributed the drinks he brought along with the towel to the other.

 

"Thanks hyung," the other said, drinking the contains eagerly. Not long after they could hear a faint growling sound in between the pant they all making.

 

"It's me," L said quietly, face getting red in mixture of embarassement and tiredness.

 

"Buy some snack then, take someone with you," Sunggyu advised, not directly said but he gave the permission for the rest to stay longer.

 

"I'll go with you then," Sungyeol offered. Both of them are about to get up from their seat when there's a knock and a staff from the company opened the door.

 

"Sungjong-ssi, there's a friend come to visit," she said, moving a little bit so they could get a clear view of the visitor.

 

"Baekji? What are you doing here?" Sungjong asked in a state of surprise.

 

"There's something told me that I need to pay a visit and while I'm on it, I decided to bring some snacks!" She said cheerfully, lifting up some plastic bags in the air. The staff then left, leaving them all in the practice room.

 

"Snacks? Wow!" Sungjong ran to take those plastic bags, "and this is all our favourites!" He brought that back towards his hyungs who stared in confusion. The youngest didn't catch the confuse and immediately tore one of the pack, devouring and sharing it with L who hesitantly accepted it.

 

"Uhm Jong," Woohyun cleared his throat.

 

"What hyung?"

 

"Your friend is still standing there," he whispered, tilting his head a bit towards Baekji.

 

"Oh Baeki-yah, come here sit with us," Sungjong waved his hand, signalling the girl to come over. She took a seat carefully beside Sungjong, feeling unfamiliar with the rest.

 

"Jong, show your consideration a bit," Sunggyu scolded. The youngest finally lifted his head from the snack, clearing his throat, and said, "Sorry hyung, this is Baekji, one of my classmate and also my bestfriend. Baekji, these are my hyungs, I'm sure you know the names but I'll lightened them up for you. The one with the smallest eyes is Sunggyu hyung. The one with full lips is Dongwoo hyung. The second one with the small eyes is Woohyun hyung, you certainly can tell them apart. Next is Hoya hyung, the built one, then Sungyeol hyung, the tallest. Lastly, L hyung, the most handsome."

 

"Oh okay," she replied shortly, still don't know what to do.

 

"So Baekji right? Let's be friend! You can call me and the others oppa," Sungyeol said excitedly, followed by a nod of agreement from the others. They chattered a bit until Sunggyu stood up.

 

"Let's get back to practice guys," he said, "Baekji could watch if she wants," he continued.

 

"I don't think I can, Chaeji is probably waiting for me outside," she scratched her head, "or can she watch along with me here?" An idea popped on her head, making her eyes seemed full of hope.

 

Sunggyu actually considered the idea before he nodded approvingly. "It's okay, you can bring her in."

 

She jolted in happiness and flashed out to fetch her 'guardian'.

 

"That was fast," L said, finally showing some attention.

 

"She's the fastest girl in our school," Sungjong informed.

 

"Right no wonder. Let's start," Hoya said, getting energized from the snack earlier.

 

In the middle of the song, Baekji finally arrived, peeking on the door and tip-toeing her way to the chair, followed by a petite girl who walked normally but still without voice. Both of them stared unwaveringly towards the boys who danced their hearts out. It was already perfect.

 

The music soon stopped as the song reached it's end, but it's continued with another song. It seemed like they will dance through full album. Their audiences just watched them in a full awe (mostly Baekji). When it's the real time for the end of the final song, the clap finally errupted in the room. Baekji clapped her hands eagerly, making the loudest sound she could produce. Chaeji on the other hand, just clapped normally with an approving and encouraging smile on her face.

 

"You're all amazing! I can't believe I got a sneak peek from a group that will debuted soon!" Baekji exclaimed, can't hide her excitement.

 

"Right, you better haven't recorded it to leak out us," Sungjong said playfully, and his friend decided to play along.

 

"Who said I'm not recording, we are recording every little bit of it right Chae?" She turned her head towards the other girl, who gave her a questioning look as a reply.

 

"Chaeji, we met again!" Sungjong cut in, approaching the girls and letting out his hand for a handshake, still felt awkward.

 

"Yes Sungjong-ssi, it's always nice to meet you," she smiled that warm smile again.

 

"You can comfortably called me though, Baekji here is my friend. Oh and you could also called the other oppa too," he said, tried to break the ice between them.

 

"Then Sungjong oppa?" Chaeji asked for confirmation.

 

"Why oppa though?" Sungjong tilted his head a bit.

 

"Because I'm younger than you, so does Baekji," she explained.

 

"How much is the age difference?" Sungjong asked, still in the disbelief state.

 

"Two years."

 

Sungjong impatiently turned towards Baekji who just grinned. "All this time you never tell me about that?! And I let you call me just by my name!" He complained further more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter