Chapter 6

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who will call me at this time?” whispered Kyungsoo. He stole a glance at the alarm clock at the nightstand.

 It’s 11.30 pm and the caller’s ID was not appeared on Kyungsoo’s phone screen. It must be wrong number, so Kyungsoo has no point to pick the call but the ringing never stop.

 For a second he thought maybe Kai calling him by using other number. Who know’s maybe he is in a big mess.

 “Hello,” finally Kyungsoo picked the call.

 “Kyungsoo, it’s me Yongguk!” by hearing the name he was getting mad.

 “What? And where you got my number?” Kyungsoo kept questioning, apparently he was curious.

 “None of those are important. I just want to inform you about Kai,” said Yongguk, dreaded.

 Kyungsoo could tell that his heart has stopped to beat.

“Kyungsoo, Kai’s house was entered by burglars and he was injured while fighting with the culprits. I am at his house though, waiting for the ambulance. Kai kept ranting your name, so I called you. Faster, come here,”

“But…” before Kyungsoo could say more, the line was disconnected.

Kyungsoo was running down the stairs and found Baekhyun who happened to watch his favorite talk show.

“Baek, Kai was in accident,” Kyungsoo sounds panic.

“Accident! Where?” Kyungsoo do not respond to the questions but he was walking with no direction.

“His house was entered by burglars and he was injured. Yongguk called me just now,”

“….and who is Yongguk?” asked Baekhyun.

“He is our classmate. He was also working with Kai, too. He has reaching there and complaint that Kai is ranting my name,”

Baekhyun looked at his friend who is currently helpless.

“Soo, I think it is better if we drive straight to the hospital. Yongguk must have called the ambulance though,” said Baekhyun.

“Baek, the problem is… I have tried to call Yongguk for umpteenth time but he never pick up the call. I am not letting myself sitting here Baek. You know right how much Jiyong worth to me?” Kyungsoo grasped Baekhyun’s hand, begging for his sympathy.

“Okay then. We go to his house,”

Baekhyun took his car key on the coffee table. As soon as they were outside, Baekhyun was ogling his friend.

“Are you sure you are leaving with a boxer and a wife beater?” asked Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo realized what he was wearing. He walked to his bedroom quickly and less than a minute he wore his sweater and short pant. Baekhyun looked at him, weirdly.

“I hate your fashion sense,” comment Baekhyun.

When they arrived at Kai’s apartment, Kyungsoo quickly got out from Baekhyun’s car.

“Soo, I am searching for the parking, okay?” shouted Baekhyun from inside his sports car.

Kyungsoo was running to the security’s hut to get the permission to enter Kai’s apartment. The intercom in Kai’s apartment was ringing.

“Yes…”

“Kai ssi, I am the security guard who is on duty and there is a person named Do Kyungsoo asked for permission to get into your apartment,”

Kai just arrived from his family’s mansion and he does not want to talk about anything else except to drink and sleep. Somehow, Kyungsoo’s presence in his apartment at this hour grew his curiousness.

“Let him in,” instructed Kai who is now wearing a boxer and topless.

He stood at the balcony, trying his best to find the reasons why Kyungsoo is here. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo is in the lift, heading to the 23rd floor thinking who might the guard talked to. It is impossible if the guard was talking to Kai, so he assumed maybe Yongguk. But his curiousness is getting bigger when he saw no reaction from the guard when he asked about Kai. If he is the guard, so he must know about the residents here and about Kai’s incident too. Will it even possible Yongguk hasn’t reported the incident to the security guard.

Kyungsoo started to feel that something is wrong. He was about to turn back but what if Kai was dying right now and his house entered by the burglars was true. Kyungsoo was still confused but the lift has opened its doors at the 23rd floor. Somehow, he feels reluctant to walk out from the lift.

Since he was there, so better he checked his boss. It’s not like he was doing something illegally, right?

Kyungsoo walked slowly and finally arrived at the ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter