Chapter 40

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+++

Kai along with Kyungsoo family reached the hospital where Kyungsoo was admitted into almost at 11.00 pm. From afar Kai could see his Daddy and his Mummy who each of them looked depressed. Kai started to worry. Kai fasten his steps to his family and hugged his Mummy first as she was wailing like she’s losing something.

Or maybe someone?

“What’s wrong, Mummy? Daddy? Where are Baekhyun and Chanyeol?” Kai asked the question but no one dare to answer him.

“Mummy… Daddy… Let me introduce you to Kyungsoo’s Mom and Dad,” said Kai while exchanging the introduction between the two families.

Instead of warm greeting, Lady Kim hugged Do Soon Hee first, hugged her tightly.

“I’m sorry Soon Hee ssi… I didn’t know how to take care of people. I couldn’t take care of Kyungsoo nicely. I’m sorry…” sobbed Lady Kim while still hugging Kyungsoo’s mom.

“I never put the blame you, Minyoung ssi… it’s a part of my mistake too. I’m letting Kyungsoo to leave all alone by him instead of teaching him about this hard life. I supposed to stand tall beside him when he needs me… but… no… I disowned him…” Soon Hee had shed her tears even. She couldn’t say more. It was her mistake and she knew it.

Mr. Kim and Mr. Do both were lowering down their head. Praying from their deep heart.

Chanyeol walked out from Kyungsoo ward with Ji Hun in his right arm while on his left was used to support Baekhyun who was looking beyond broken. When Ji Hun eyes met with his Appa’s, he pulled out his little arms to be with his Appa instead. Kai picked up his son and cooing him longingly – just as much as he’s missing Kyungsoo.

“Kai, I brought Ji Hun to meet with Kyungsoo. Doctor called everyone of Kyungsoo family as he’s in very bad condition right now. He’s dying, Kai!”

Like a thunder struck into his heart, that’s how surprised he received the news from Chanyeol. He’s turning pale. Luckily Kyung Jong and Kyu Hyun were holding their brother-in-laws from behind.

Ji Hun who was in Kai embrace quickly taken away by Chanyeol as Kai had no strength left upon hearing the bad news. As he was losing his Appa’s warm embrace, Ji Hun has started to cry in Chanyeol arms. Lady Kim hurriedly took her grandson and trying her best to calm the little child. Mr. and Mrs. Do were taking this chance to step into the ward room and meet with their son who ever they disowned before.

Mrs. Do was approaching nearer to Kyungsoo bed. She had his eyes on Kyungsoo for a very long time. The gaps between both Mom and Son were decreasing and she kissed her son with the longing expression. She missed this son of her. Her tears were falling but the feeling was beyond what people may describe.

“Kyungsoo… Mom is here… Mom is here just to meet you… You will not going to leave me, right? You promised me to shower me with happiness before, so you will never leave me, right? You have to be strong. I knew you are a strong person by yourself. I love you. Mom really loves you. I never disowned you. Never, Kyungsoo.” Mrs. Do turned her head to face her husband who was standing behind.

“Oppa, tell Kyungsoo that we never disowned him. You tell him that you never had your anger with him.” Mrs. Do was even pleading her husband to correct all the mistakes while they do still get the chance.

“Kyungsoo… Please don’t mistreat Mom and Dad like this. Please don’t leave Mom here. I had enough of separation with you. Please don’t torture me more. I couldn’t accept to lose you…” Mrs. Do still shedding her tears upon giving some of her remaining strength to Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo… Mom really loves you…” She couldn’t content her feeling no more. Mr. Do stepped in closer to his wife, closer to Kyungsoo even.

“Kyungsoo…” His first word he said to his son after disowned him for the mistakes he never did.

“Dad loves you too…” Later the chaos happened in the Kyungsoo ward room. The ventilator that analyzed Kyungsoo breathing showed an unstable graph. Everyone went frantic with what may happen to Kyungsoo.

With Kyung Jong help, Kai was approaching Kyungsoo who was dying on the bed. Kyung Soo lips were like uttering something but never came out for Kai to hear.

“Kai, please let my son go… Let him go…” plead Mr. Do as he couldn’t fathom to see Kyungsoo was suffering to survive with the help of the ventilator no more. If dead was what Kyungsoo preferred, then let him be. Why stay when the life was only playing with his cruel fate.

“Let him go…” Kai fainted after his heart and his feeling couldn’t contain the pain of sep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter