Chapter 43

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The gorgeously big mansion of the Kim’s was oddly in silence. Seemingly like no one was at home judging by the only dimly light at the parking porch.

“It’s only 10pm. How impossible they’re already asleep at this early hour? All lights were off but on the second storey and at the porch.” Baekhyun said after judging the situation by his own eyes. Kyungsoo followed suit, and he found truth at each of Baekhyun words.

“Baek-babe, it’s only you who always sleep late almost midnight.” Chanyeol teased his wife which later earn a vividly smile from Kyungsoo upon seeing the scene.

The doorbell was pressed on alerting the landlord the arrival of guests outside. Kyungsoo was still sitting uncertain in Chanyeol’s car, doubting with his decision. Frankly speaking, he wasn’t ready to step in the mansion again but at the thought of his son, Jihun, he disarmed his selfishness conscience.

From where he was sitting; inside of Chanyeol’s car, Kyungsoo could see a familiar silhouette of Kai dashed out from his bedroom to the balcony as to see who was visiting his family. When his gaze landed on Kai, Kyungsoo has this urge to run away, far, from where he was now. Again, expecting Jihun presence was what he was hold now, telling his heart that everything all he did now, all, Jihun sake.

Lights were switched on all over around the mansion a moment later. A virtue of solemn and witchy dark mansion turned to brighter, more welcoming the guests. A second soon, the gate was opened automatically and Kai appeared with Jihun in his arms, crying in mess still.

“I don’t expect you to come!”

Kai hugged Chanyeol, personally welcoming the man and threw a smile on Baekhyun, rejecting the idea to hug Chanyeol’s wife who was heavily pregnant.

“Aww, why Jihun ie?” Baekhyun cooed at still weeping Jihun in Kai arms. Baekhyun tried to take Jihun from Kai but the little boy buried deeper on his father’s chest, drenching Kai shirt with his tears at the same time.

“I don’t know Baek. Ever since we admitted out from the hospital, Jihun ie hasn’t stop crying.”

“Did his fever still high?” Chanyeol asked, worrying too.

Kai kissed away the streaming tears down on his son’s cheeks. “Lesser. He’s just crying, uncomfortable maybe? Or I just spoilt him too much? Please come in both of you…” invited Kai to his friends. Kai was still oblivious at Kyungsoo’s presence in Chanyeol’s car.

“Jihun ie… aren’t you missing Kyungsoo Umma? You want to meet Kyungsoo Umma, don’t you?” Baekhyun asked at the little boy who was squirming and cuddled closer with his father.

Kai abruptly stopped his steps upon listening to Baekhyun words.

“Jihun ie really missed his Kyungsoo Umma until he falls sick. If this continues to happen, Aunty will consider bringing him to meet Kyungsoo,” said Lady Kim who appeared out of nowhere but now standing at the main door of the mansion.

“Come in Baek… Yeol…” invite Lady Kim to the guests that happen to be his son’s friends.

Baekhyun shared a glance with his husband, Chanyeol before he threw a gaze to the car that parked outside of the mansion.

“Jihun ie…”

Kai who almost stepped into the mansion escorting after the married couple turned behind, to where the voice came from. Maybe he was dreaming but he was sure, absolutely recognized Kyungsoo’s voice. How can he ever forget Kyungsoo’s melodious voice? The very same voice that has been haunted his nights, reminiscing his failure at his responsibility. It wasn’t just Kim Jihun who was sickly longing over Kyungsoo’s presence, Kai did too. His also longing from the separation from Kyungsoo. Regret.

Kai still couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Kyungsoo was standing near the gate. Ignoring everything, he ran with Jihun still in his arms towards unmoved Kyungsoo from his spot. Uncertain. Unwelcomed. Undecided.

“Jihun ie… Umma’s home…” Kai was enthusiastic at Kyungsoo’s presence.

Kyungsoo couldn’t hold back his tears when Jihun in Kai arms stretched out his little hands towards Kyungsoo while calling him with ‘Ma’, still baby talk. It was his first time he heard Jihun addressed him as Umma, wasn’t sure of his very first word.

Without Kai able to pass Jihun to Kyungsoo, his legal wife has closed the gaps between them and hugged Jihun tightly. Kai could feel Kyungsoo’s warmness; proofing Kyungsoo’s existence was all real. Kyungsoo’s body was almost glued on his that he could feel a slight movement from Kyungsoo’s stomach, from their unborn. “Appa missed you, too…” Kai rubbed slowly on Kyungsoo’s baby bump. Love.

“Umma missed you, Jihun ie. I missed you so much,” Kyungsoo confessed his undying longing towards his son in between his sobs.

The tighter Kyungsoo hugged his son that his hands and Kai were touched. Unplanned. Kai couldn’t content his feeling any longer yet he hugged Kyungsoo and placed a few kisses on his wife’s forehead. Welcoming him to their home.

Lady Kim was drenching with tears, so do unstable hormonal like Baekhyun. Mr. Kim along with Chanyeol just threw a simple smile at the reunion. Anyone who was happened to witness the union and reunion put on faith that one day the brighter future will eventually come with no pain. No more.

+++

Jihun has long been sleeping in Kyungsoo’s lap with him occasionally caressed on his son’s silky straight hair. Sometimes Kai could see Kyungsoo has been changing his position periodically to any comfortable. Maybe because of Kyungsoo has been sitting way too longer on the couch with Jihun in his lap. Discomfort.

Based on Kyungsoo’s protruding belly, Kai could see that Kyungsoo was like heavily pregnant, too. If he wasn’t wrong with his calculation, Kyungsoo was in his fifth month. Sometimes, Kyungsoo rubbed on his side, then he shifting his position. His pregnancy and Jihun weight weren’t a good combination for him, for now.

“Soo, I’ll put Jihun ie in his baby cot, okay?”

Kyungsoo didn’t reply him and stay in silence. Getting no response from Kyungsoo, Ka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter