Chapter 34

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The harsh sun rays pierced into the warm bedroom through the curtains finally awake Kyungsoo from his deep sleep. His head was still pounding in pain and because of that he couldn’t sleep all night long but until the sun is almost rise.

Kyungsoo has spent all his night thinking about Kai abrupt changes. He simply couldn’t find any answers to fill up the empty blank of the questioning at a circumstance. Kyungsoo reached for his phone and the digit shows 10.13 am.

His headache was really stopping his intention to go to the office but at the second thought, his mind was diverted to all those unsettled things. With bit willpower left, Kyungsoo slipped out from his bed for morning wash.

Kyungsoo was all ready to left for his work when he saw a luxurious BMW entered the mansion’s garage and found that Jonghoon, Mr. Kim’s personal driver maneuvered the car after sending the employer to the main office.

“Soo, you’re not going to work with Kai?” Lady Kim asked Kyungsoo from behind with Ji Hun in her arm.

Kyungsoo turned behind and found his mother-in-law with his son in her arm, biting his granny fingers. Kyungsoo saw his son’s cuteness giggled at the sight.

“Ji Hunnie, umma could see you are being all mischief and naughty nowadays, huh?” Kyungsoo was playfully scolding his son. He kissed Ji Hun a few more times and later took Ji Hun from his mother-in-law into his warm embrace instead.

Kyungsoo was in his world, baby-talked with his son until he walked out from the mansion. Lady Kim was tailing after him.

“Soo, why you’re not going to work with Kai?” Lady Kim was asking the same question, again.

“Ah, Kai has a morning meeting today. So, he left earlier while I’m still asleep,” reasoned Kyungsoo. He has told his mother-in-law a white lie now.

“Why Kai slept at his working room last night?” Lady Kim was ambushing Kyungsoo with her second question as she started to doubt a cold war between Kyungsoo and Kai at this rate.

Guiltier ate Kyungsoo alive. He doesn’t want anyone know the coldness between him and Kai since yesterday, especially his in-laws.

“Maybe he didn’t want to disturb my sleep as he got home a bit late last night?” A lie again after another lie he just created.

“Ok, Mummy… I’m going first… Bye…” said Kyungsoo and returned back Ji Hun to Lady Kim’s arms again.

“Jonghoon! Can you please send Kyungsoo to his workplace first before you drive me to the supermarket?” Kim Minyoung instructed her husband’s personal driver for another task this morning.

Kyungsoo once wanted to argue about it but later silently erased his intention as he doesn’t want his mother-in-law babbled more in such a beautiful morning.

 

+++

 

“Kyungsoo ssi, Mr. Kai wanted to see you. He informed me before to tell you, Kyungsoo ssi but you wasn’t here yet,” told Suzy.

Kyungsoo knocked on Kai door. A second later he heard a faint voice instruct him to come in.

“You want to see me?” asked Kyungsoo, slowly.

Kyungsoo expression changed totally at the moment he saw Yongguk presence in the room, too.

“Well, Kyungsoo. I’ve already read the report regarding Yongguk suspension. Here, your report. I’ve yet to go through it. In fact, I’m just not interested to read it whatsoever. Now, just explain to me, what is this all about?” Kai put down his command on Kyungsoo rather seriously.

Kyungsoo took the report from Kai and read on every page.

“Sure but I think we should wait for our…” Before Kyungsoo could finish his sentence, the intercom on Kai desk was blinking, signaling an incoming call.

“Yes Suzy, I told you no phone calls.”

“Sorry, Kai ssi, just to inform you that Leader Kim along with Suho ssi is in the meeting room. Leader Kim wants all of you to be there now.”

Yongguk expression whose was calm at first now changed to anxious and worry within seconds. He thought he could get this chance to frame Kyungsoo enough to bring him down but he forgot that karma is rather a . It will happen anytime at the very wrong moment.

Kyungsoo stare straight into Yongguk eyes. He knew Kai change within a day has something to do with this person, Yongguk. He stepped outside from Kai office to avoid any emotional and heart breaking. He has to be strong for this.

“Damn!” Kai punched hard on his desk brought Yongguk heart to skip a beat.

Kai entered the meeting room and saw Kyungsoo was sitting next to Suho while Leader Kim was leading the meeting. Kai was even boiling in anger when he saw Suho was whispering something to Kyungsoo – that’s jealousy which he never will admit it.

“Good morning. We’re here again for an urgent meeting but this is an exceptionally as we disclosed this meeting as I believed that everyone already knew what we’re to discuss on. Kai, I believe you have read the report. Yongguk was suspended and today we’re here to put on decision either Yongguk has his rights to stay in this company or being expelled. If our party found Yongguk was on fault, we’re not hesitated to arrest him under laws investigation.”

Yongguk who was sitting next to Kai was wiping his cold sweats; rather nervous to face all this.

“Since this insider conspiracy was investigated by Kyungsoo, as the Sales Marketing Manager in this company, I’m inviting Kyungsoo to point out the result. Kyungsoo, why don’t you sit here?”

Kyungsoo got off from his seat and sit on Leader’s Kim – the Chairman’s seat while Leader Kim chose to sit next to Suho. Kyungsoo took out a few papers and handouts to give each one of the attendee of the urgent meeting. Kai took his time to steal a glance at Kyungsoo whom looked so confident and calm facing this kind of complicated circumstances.

“Good morning. First of all, I would like to stress that the report is supported by solid and valid evidence before it was submitted to the Board of Directors. This is not an accusation nor allegation against a particular person based on a hearsay evidence. It is also not a personal view. Leader Kim, Kim Jongin ssi, Bang Yongguk ssi…please refer to page one.”

All of them followed Kyungsoo instruction and turned to page one.

“Page one shows that an agreement entered between Kim Corporation and Shinhwa Inc. A piece of contract agreement that has signed and agreed between both parties. Let’s look on the date of the agreement.”

Kyungsoo was in his silence a minute, letting the others to register the date into his brain.

“22nd of February…” Suho abruptly answered.

“Correct… May I ask you Kai ssi where were you on 22nd of February?”

Kai knitted his brows. Before he could answered Kyungsoo question Leader Kim was ahead answering the question on Kai behalf.

“He was hospitalized.”

“Yes, that’s right Leader Kim. I’ll never forget the date even, because that’s the date that I lost my precious daughter, Ji Hyun,” told Kyungsoo, fighting with the urge to cry a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter