Chapter 33

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was playing with Ji Hun when he heard his ringtone alert was off, indicating someone was calling for him. By the ringtone he could tell whom the person at the end of the line there. He set the special tone for his beloved husband, Kai.

“Hello…” Kyungsoo greeted his husband, cheerfully.

“Kai… you are being away for almost 3 weeks. Ji Hunnie? Ah, he’s doing just fine here… You are going home tomorrow, aren’t you?”

“Yes, baby… I’ll be home tomorrow…” replied Kai.

“Then I’ll cook the best dishes for you. Hmm… maybe your favorite dishes?”

“If that so, then I should feel excited to go home tomorrow. See you later. Love you…”

“Love you too…”

Kyungsoo ended the call with a big smile plastered on his face. He swift closer to his son and kissed he on forehead, lovingly.

“That’s a special kiss Appa requested for you…”

Kyungsoo kissed again his son but on his cheek this time.

“Appa will be home tomorrow,” Kyungsoo said. He lulled his son and minutes later the sleepy Kim Ji Hun fall into a deep slumber.

Kyungsoo couldn’t wait to welcome Kai return from the very long outstation period. There were so many things that he composed to tell to Kai especially the company’s problem regarding the loss in million dollars. Everything has something that related to Yongguk, Kai trusted friend.

Kyungsoo couldn’t sleep again that night. His night felt solemn, cold and too serenade without his beloved husband’s presence. Besides, his husband was away for almost three weeks due to the business and Kyungsoo admitted he couldn’t ask for more, for Kai to come back earlier. There is an international project in Manhattan that Kai have to supervise its progression as billion dollars was invested for its success.

Kyungsoo caressed away Ji Hun stranded hair on his forehead lovingly. Ji Hun dark hair was inherited from Kai as his hair wasn’t like them. Kyungsoo heaved a relief sigh. After this Kyungsoo will not hear any jealousy whines from Kai as the infamous Suho will engage next month.

Suho chose his secretary to tie the knot at the age of late 20’s, Zhang Yixing. Finally, Suho found the one who will take care of him. This engagement between Suho and Yixing means a lot to Kyungsoo. It means that Suho has buried all his past feeling with Kyungsoo and build another one with his lover. As a friend, Kyungsoo happy with all decisions Suho did.

 

+++

 

Kyungsoo was busy in his office room reading all the reports in a file amongst the mountain of files on his desk

“Sorry, may I have your time for a minute or two?”

Kyungsoo tilted up his chin and smiles upon seeing the guest.

“Sure! Wait, you are not from your office, aren’t you? You look extraordinary handsome today! Are you skipping from your work or something?”

Suho showed his infamous grinned while settled down a chair in front of Kyungsoo.

“I am on leave today. So, has Kai arrived from his three-weeks-outstation?” Suho asked while he fished a red velvet box from his jeans.

“He said he’ll come back today but I’m not so sure at what time he’ll arrive. Yesterday when he called me, he didn’t mention anything about his flight whereabouts,” replied Kyungsoo.

“Have you told Kai about the suspended Yongguk from his work?”

Kyungsoo face turned gloomy upon hearing the question. He shook his head.

“But, Suho… I have this unsettled feeling inside of me. Aren’t we supposed to wait for Kai to come back from Manhattan first, informed him first and wait for his decision?” Kyungsoo sighed. “I don’t want him to accuse me for in his position. It’s really not my position to submit the reports without any reference from him. I don’t him to feel left out from this. He’s the boss here. In fact, the work of corruption is happened in this company, his company.” He continued.

Suho stared at Kyungsoo without blinks, amused.

“No.” Suho stated, firmly. “We can’t keep a criminal longer in this company. Besides, this decision decided and agreed by Leader Kim, too. You just don’t have to worry too much. Kai is professional enough to overcome this problem. We’re not totally put Kai out of place from this issue either. We suspended Yongguk from his work; we didn’t fire him just yet, meaning we still need Kai to decide on that since Yongguk is working with him.”

Kyungsoo nodded his head, convinced with Suho words.

“So, tell me about this ring!”

Kyungsoo widen his teardrop eyes.

“Ring? When did you bought the ring? I thought you are bringing me along to choose the ring and now, surprisingly you came with a ring?” whined Kyungsoo, unsatisfied.

“Nah, you are so busy with so many things and you seem have no time to come and choose the ring with me. I couldn’t wait any longer to propose him you know. Now, stop your grumpy whining, look at the ring that I chose and tell me about it either you like it or not. If not, I will trade for another design.” Suho said, excitedly in anxiety.

Kyungsoo almost dropped his heart, losing his life when he opened the small red velvet box.

“OMO! This is too beautiful! Its cut shows the elegancy. Fine diamonds show it’s manly over the beauty. Then, I’m totally approved with this!” Kyungsoo exclaimed.

“Go try first. Is it fit you well?” asked Suho. Kyungsoo smiles widely as he was honored for the chance to slip his finger into the ring.

“Just nice. Since you tried on my finger, just considered it’s mine, ok Suho?”

Suho laughed like an insane at Kyungsoo teasing. Kyungsoo was too mesmerized with the ring, a little envious with Yixing to own the ring later.

Beyond the friendship scene, laughter and all teasing with the ring, there is one man heart was hurt way too much. Seeing his partnership and his wife talked and have a conversation as a couple and to put more fuel in his anger is the ring that they talked about. He took his steps back and walked out from where he stood, behind Kyungsoo office wall.

“I bet Yixing will like this ring when you helped him to slip the ring for her. I said so right in Jeju-do before, to tackle him fast. Doesn’t play push and pull too much. Fortunately you are faster enough to own him, if not… bye, Suho!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter