Chapter 50

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo knocked on Kai bedroom door yet he received no faint reply behind the closed door. Kyungsoo puffed in frustration. Maybe his husband wasn’t listening because of the heavy downpour outside.

He pushed the door to open and all he met in the room is only darkness. Sometimes the lightning illuminates the room with its penetrating light in a split of second. Kyungsoo could see that Kai had fall asleep. He switched on the lights in the bedroom all finally the darkness turned to bright light.

Kyungsoo was sitting at the corner of the bed and he pushed his husband’s body slightly, waking him up but Kai showed no response. He boldly touched Kai cheeks, tapping his nose and Kai was faster enough yanked it away and abruptly opened his eyes.

“Soo…? Babe? I thought that a cockroach sprawl around. What’s wrong?” Kai asked because Kyungsoo presence in his bedroom is absolutely a surprise considering their relationship is nothing but a mere agreement now.

Kyungsoo could see Kai was biting his lips when he tried to sit, appearing tough to withstand the pain. Kyungsoo came closer and helped his husband by placing a pillow behind Kai back, letting him leaning on it for support.

“Breakfast first… I prepared this soup for you,” said Kyungsoo. Studying Kai expression that frown holding back his pain triggered more pity and empathy in Kyungsoo.

“Mummy asked me why didn’t you join us for breakfast. I told her the truth and maybe she’ll walk in later. She’s worry of her beloved son.”

Kai wasn’t really amused with what’ve Kyungsoo said.

“Are you worried, too?” Kai tested on Kyungsoo.

“I am. Because of I’m worrying over you now, so, let me be like an angel nurse and treating all your wounds. Before that, drink the soup first.” Kyungsoo said while scooping the soup into a spoon and shoved it at Kai closed lips.

“Please…” Kyungsoo whined cutely.

Falling for his wife’s aegyo, Kai opened his mouth and Kyungsoo was constantly feeding his husband. This is the last feeding that his wife will do and that reminding him that Kyungsoo will leave him after dinner tonight. His sight turned glassy, b with unshed tears.

“Are you feels hurt at somewhere?” Kyungsoo asked due to Kai expression that showed he was hurt.

Kai nodded his head, hiding the truth behind. He lets Kyungsoo treat all his wounds, nursing him like how he nurtured him before when he was admitted into the hospital during met with an accident. Kyungsoo was the one who eagerly pushed him who was helplessly sitting in his wheelchair taking in a fresh air, Kyungsoo was the one who helped him to get back on his feet, helping him to walk around and he will tell any story to his wife and Kyungsoo will always listen.

…and now when Kyungsoo decided to leave, he felt like a part of him went missing.

“I’m done...”

Kai jerked out from his daydreaming and studied his wife’s feature who was busying himself placing back the ointment, antiseptic, and anything that he used to treat Kai wounds.

“I’m going first. Have a nice and proper rest, first…”

Kyungsoo smiles and stepped out from the bedroom. Rest? How can Kyungsoo told him to rest when he couldn’t even closed his eyes. Kai pushed himself out from the bed and stood in the balcony admiring the cloudy morning with raining heavily view outside. He couldn’t know how long he had been spending his time, standing on the same spot, drifting back into his years of life.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kyungsoo has dressed himself and was ready to leave the mansion, to leave all his nightmares ever since he stepped into the mansion. When he walked out from this mansion, meaning he’ll leave behind those person that have showed him how much they loved him and his daughter. From his father-in-law, Kim Sang Hoon to his mother-in-law Kim Minyoung and lastly from his husband. Kim Jongin.

He wanted to take back all his promised with Lady Kim by never leave this cave of memories because a broken promise was awful as a human being. Was his heart really that heartless? Was he even regretted at all?

Kyungsoo bedroom’s door was knocked a few times from outside and when the door creaked open Lady Kim appeared with a very gloomy expression.

“Kyungsoo… Kyungjong are waiting for you,” Lady Kim informed his son-in-law regarding the arrival of his biological siblings and had a seat next to Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo, I’ll never beg you to give another chance to Kai because I’m scared what if he hurt you again? Even Kai has changed now and walking around like a soulless zombie, still… he doesn’t deserve you.” Lady Kim held tight Kyungsoo hand never wants the warmth to go. Her cheeks were drenching wet with the tears and Kyungsoo too, finally cry in his mother-in-law’s embrace.

“Mummy… please did not hate me on my decision. I like you, Mummy, I like Daddy, too. I love both of you. I love Kai too… Because I love him too much that I returned back to this place…but I’m scared… I’m scared to spend the rest of my life with him…” Kyungsoo sobbed.

“I didn’t want to choose the same route I took before, Mummy… I wasn’t ready to accept the challenge. I’m scared… really scared. My heart told me Kai really did change. My heart told me that he really loved me but this heart of mine… wasn’t really strong enough to dare another chance to happen.” Kyungsoo confessed his inner feeling and Lady Kim nodded her head, knowing Kyungsoo current situation.

“I know, Kyungsoo… I know… I will never hate you nor will I put all the blame on you… All I will do is to pray for your happiness. Take care of Jihun while you’re away, hmm? Mummy should face this reality that Jihunie needs you more than all of us here. You have more rights to be with him, Kyungsoo…”

Lady Kim placed a warm kiss as a mother on Kyungsoo forehead and with no hesitation, Kyungsoo hugged his mother-in-law again; for the last time.

“I’m sorry Mummy… I’m really sorry… Please, Mummy… Take care of Kai, okay? Please tell him to eat. He hasn’t eaten anything since dinner,” Kyungsoo reminded his mother-in-law regarding his husband whereabouts and bowed to her one last time. A second later he pulled his luggage with him, walking out from the bedroom that he has been occupied for weeks.

Kyungsoo threw his longing gaze upstairs. He climbed up the stairs, hand-in-hand with his toddler son.

“Let’s meet Appa first before we leave, okay Jihunie?”

Kyungsoo pushed the door opened and poked his head inside, ogling his husband’s figure inside of the bedroom and when he saw Kai was lying lazily on the sofa, he walked into the room along with Kim Jihun. As soon as Jihun found his Appa, he started to wail, attracting his father’s attention.

“I’m sorry with all the mistakes that I ever did, for being harsh on you, for neglecting you, for rejecting you, for ignoring you, for…” Kyungsoo lost his words as his mind was all messed and his heart felt like broken into pieces. This is the separation that he wanted and with a heavy heart, Kai was beyond respect on Kyungsoo decision because anything about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter