Chapter 25

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was just wake up from his deep slumber after he couldn’t withstand with the throbbing pain came from his head. He even sweats a lot even both of air-conditioners in Kai’s room were . He assumed maybe that’s the effect of the medicines and rid off any negativity.

Somehow he started to wonder regarding his current condition recently. The pain came from his head seems never subside but even pain more day by day until he had to take a few days off for medical leave. His boss, Chanyeol probably didn’t bother much to ask about his absences but still the guilt built in him.

It was 10 am in the morning and Kyungsoo knew he was in deep trouble.

“Heck! How can I sleep much? I still have urgent affidavit to be finished by 11 am before the client come to sign. Ah, what should I do?” Kyungsoo being panic all alone and try to figure out which thing to settle first.

Kyungsoo checked on his cell phone either Chanyeol had called or text he and later found Kai’s note stick next to the night stand.

‘Baby, I’m going first. I have no heart to wake you up since you really look tired. If you’re sick, don’t go out then. I’ll call you later. Love you~’

Kyungsoo was smiling sheepishly at the note simply written by his husband and even save it in his diary before he took a deep breath and walked away to the bathroom, get ready to work.

He reached Chanyeol’s firm around 11.30 am. He put his belongings at his table and left to meet with Chanyeol.

“Yeol, I’m sorry… I woke up late this morning. I don’t feel good lately. So, where is the affidavit that I need to finish up? The clients didn’t come yet, right?”

Chanyeol who was busy writing something in a file stopped abruptly and took a look at Kyungsoo.

“Have a seat, Kyungsoo. I have asked Jonghyun settled the affidavit before you came. I thought you were MC today.”

Kyungsoo chose to sit on the office chair in front of Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, somehow, I felt ashamed myself to confront you. I know, lately I always took days off and I know my attitude getting worst nowadays. You just tell me, Chanyeol, what’s the thing that you want me to do to improve my work performance. I’ll be good and I’ll be good. You are my friend, but in this firm, please, you are the boss. Please treat me like your worker, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol took a deep look into Kyungsoo’s eyes and later he smiled. The smiles that could kill millions of women in one time and Baekhyun were sure lucky to have this man, Park Chanyeol as his husband.

“Kyungsoo, I know your work. Before you sick, you have showed me the excellent performance as the worker under me, but lately, you keep on MC-ing, so your works were a bit delay but that is not my point. My point is, tell me, what kind of sickness you are suffering, Kyungsoo? If light headache and minor dizziness that’s impossible for you to take MC frequently. Are you hiding something from us?”

Kyungsoo don’t know how to react when Chanyeol’s assumptions really hit him on his face. He tried his best to put on fake blissfulness expression to hide his nervousness.

“Of course not! I have this kind of migraine since in UK and now I even had a child and my age kept increasing, getting older and my immune system also somehow not strong enough to fight, that’s why I’m always having the headache.”

Again, Chanyeol smiled at Kyungsoo’s foolish reasons.

“One more thing Chanyeol, regarding…” Before he could utter any words, Baekhyun appeared by the doorframe.

Kyungsoo turned his head towards his best friend and even smiles at the beautiful person in front of him but Baekhyun ignore him, totally.

“Baek, are you doing fine?” asked Kyungsoo.

“As you can see now I’m doing fine with my husband. We’re happy and I’m happy like you and your beloved Kai!” cynically, Baekhyun answered back.

“Baek…” Chanyeol tried to stop his wife from using harsh words during this cold conversation.

“It’s okay Yeol. Baek was right, I’m happy now…” said Kyungsoo, almost whisper.

“Of course duh… Stay in a big mansion, and not to drop the Kim’s surname. What a fortune charm! No, Kyungsoo, no. You may resign and stay at home being a master. All to Kim Jongin bills, right?”

Kyungsoo was clueless and his face changed abruptly.

“Baekkie, I say enough!” said Chanyeol while clenched his jaw, controlling himself for not being too angry with his wife.

Baekhyun walked away to the direction where he could see the view from his husband’s office back-facing Kyungsoo. His heart was bleeding due to Kyungsoo’s decision to return back to Kai, a person who once intended to destroy and demolished Kyungsoo’s life. Millions of reasons Kyungsoo gave; still Kai didn’t deserve for second chance as what Baekhyun thought so.

Kyungsoo knew by Baekhyun’s gestures he needed to leave as soon as possible. Kyungsoo got off from the sofa to walk out from Chanyeol’s office but stopped and gazed back at the scene he was about to left.

“Baek, trust me. Everything I did was merely for Ji Hunnie. I only have he, no more, no less.”

Chanyeol keep sighing at his wife’s tantrum.

“Stop it Kyungsoo. Just do what you really want to do. But remember once anything happen does not ever return to me back. I have no reason for your life and I’m tired wasting my tears for you,” said Baekhyun, cold.

Kyungsoo almost committed suicide by hearing Baekhyun’s venomous words. He was hurt, too hurt. Years he could withstand with others cursing even from his own husband but when the words came from Baekhyun, his heart bleed so much. The words were from his best friend, ByunBaekhyun.

“Yeol, Baek, thanks for yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter