Chapter 39

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai entered the ward that specially accustomed for Kyungsoo. Heartache suffered when he saw those wires attached from Kyungsoo soulless body to the machine. He went closer to Kyungsoo side for taking a better look of his wife. Pale. That’s what the exact word he could describe Kyungsoo as for now.

Kyungsoo was look stunning calm though he was in coma. It feels like he was just took his break to sleep. The closed eyes perfectly hidden the sadden truth of his last previous days in life. Kai took this time to kiss Kyungsoo on his forehead, passionately. Long.

The memories of Kyungsoo pleading for second chances, asking for clearing up some misunderstanding always played in his mind. When he announced he will marry Krystal, Kyungsoo glistening eyes hurt him to reminisce the pain. The warmness of Kyungsoo hand that was holding him this morning was long gone.

Kyungsoo was cold.

Kai never get bored to take a full examined on Kyungsoo pale face. His regrets came like thunder. If he has guts, he might have shouted out loud to tell the whole world this is the foulest person in this world. He valued worthless junk of craps than a specimen of carats diamond. He is that stupid. It’s him, Kai.

Before it was him who took away his daughter’s life, now he might take away Kyungsoo. He is that despicable, the heartless.

How can he value something which will be gone, too?

Kai took a sit on a recliner next to the bed. Kyungsoo fingers intertwined with his. He tried his best to control his feeling, especially the regrets, but still… he lost his pride as a man when he failed to be a perfect man for his own wife.

“Soo… Please don’t leave me… Can you return back to me? Can you give me another chance? Please don’t leave me for the reachable Heaven you’ll walk into. Can you sometimes take a look in the past days? Everyone was waiting for you. They loved you. You are the one they’re waiting for. I’ve waiting for you. You are always the one in my heart. Please…”

Confessing. However like talking to a wall, Kai got no reply from Kyungsoo. Too tired from crying, Kai was asleep, still with their intertwined fingers linking to each other.

A sudden noise from outside of the room was heard which abruptly waking up Kai while resting. Kai rubbed his face with his palms to get back his conscience and sanity before opened the door to see the situation outside. He was boiling in anger when he saw Krystal was arguing with the nurses in charge of taking care of Kyungsoo.

“I’m sorry, Miss… Only his husband was allowed to enter the ward. Please respect the patient’s condition,” The nurse strictly mentioning back the rule.

“LIKE HELL I CARE! AIN’T THAT KYUNGSOO IS IN COMA? HOW CAN I DISTURB HIS THOUGH I’M SHOUTING OUT LOUD? SEE? HE DIDN’T EVEN WAKE UP!” spat Krystal, bashful.

Kai grabbed Krystal arm harshly and dragged her along his way. Krystal loud plea to let her go was ignored by Kai and attracted too much attention from anyone in the hospital.

When both Kai and Krystal were already at the outside of the hospital, Kai was letting go of Krystal arm. Krystal eyes went widen while glaring at Kai while rubbing her painful arm.

“WHAT THE HELL KIM JONGIN? ARE YOU INSANE? HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE A TRASH? YOU DIDN’T COME TO THE CHURCH FOR OUR WEDDING! YOU DIDN’T!” Krystal was in her anger, boiling.

Kai face reddened, controlling his anger from exploding at Krystal rudeness.

“You listen me well, Krystal! My wife is dying inside there and you are in no space to talk about this delusion marriage, understand? Where’s your humanity go?” scolded Kai to never give-up Krystal.

“HE’S DYING AND JUST LET HIM DIE! WHY YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT HIM? YOU TOLD HIM YOU NEVER LOVE HIM, SO WHAT? IN FRONT OF HIM, YOU CONFESSED… YOU LOVED ME, REMEMBER? IT’S NOT LIKE AFTER WE MARRIED JUST NOW I WILL STOP YOUR FROM SEEING HIM!” Krystal was like possessed with something.

“I love you, Kai…” said Krystal again, with much lower tone this time.

Kai shook his head, not accepting the love confession came from Krystal.

“it’s not my concern how much is your love for me. but one thing is sure, how much I love my wife and I’ll make sure that it always be me the one who responsible as his husband. No one else. I’m sorry for using you as the scapegoat to let my ego control myself. I never love you and will always never love you or any other person but Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is my wife. Mine. I’ll go and meet with your family for an official apology. As for now, Kyungsoo comes first. Always. Kyungsoo need me and I’ll always have my time for him,” said Kai with a slight stuttering in uttering his content feelings.

Kai answers triggered more anger in Krystal.

“GO TO HELL WITH KYUNGSOO! I COULDN’T WAIT THE GOOD NEWS AS SOON AS HE DIED! I –“Krystal couldn’t finish her sentence when a pang on her face felt a sting pain. Kai had slapped her.

Luckily Krystal was standing while leaning to a bench which placed outside of the hospital. If not, she might have collapsed after the slap. Her eyes were dangerously red as he glared at hot-tempered Kai.

“HOW DARE YOU? WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE, KIM JONGIN? BECAUSE OF THAT COUNTRY BOY, YOU SLAPPED ME? YOU HURT ME SO MUCH, KAI! HAVE YOU FORGET THE LOVE BETWEEN US BACK DAYS WHILE WE’RE STUDYING STILL IN UK? I’M NOT GOING TO FORGIVE YOU, KAI! NEVER!” Krystal has started to cry.

“I should have slapped you on your face since before. I thought if your daddy has ever slapping you before, you will never be like this. Greedy. Ego. Hypocrite. You had even lost humanity in you. Kyungsoo on the other hand never see you as a foe. Besides, he even congratulates us on our wedding. You know what, Krystal? Kyungsoo never take me from you. We’re close before; when we’re still in UK, yes. But, ever you heard my confession to you? At that time, I just went along with what my parents planned for me. And, if that time my parents planned to marry me off to even some strangers, I will never bother to care as I never treasure what’s love to begin with… until  Kyungsoo came into the picture.”

Kai heaved a sigh, taking a break from his heart’s confession. The very true feeling.

“Go home, Krystal. If you fated to receive news regarding Kyungsoo death, still… please never intend to come again into my life. I will always spare a space for Kyungsoo… in my heart. Go home.”

Kai then glanced at his wristwatch. It’s almost 4.00 am in the morning. Without any bother to calm down the wailing Krystal, Kai chose to step back into the hospital, leading his ways to Kyungsoo room.

He had left Kyungsoo long enough.

+++

Kai just done with wiping Kyungsoo pale face with wet cloth and he stopped and stared at his wife’s face. Kyungsoo shows no sign in improving what’s more to wake up soon. Finally, Kai decided to leave Kyungsoo for a while. He, too, needed a fresh view to clear up his mind.

Outside of the ward, he saw Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyung Jong were discussing something. Kai bet they might discuss something about Kyungsoo. It has been three days and Kyungsoo shows nothing. Also, it has been three days Kai never leave from Kyungsoo side. He only took his time away for going back to his family mansion to refreshing his tired body and led back to the hospital, checking up on Kyungsoo.

This morning, his father came with Suho. Kai asked for Suho forgiveness with his all wrongdoings. While Kai was away from the company, Suho was taking Kai place for awhile in managing the company under Leader Kim surveillance. Suho volunteering in helping Kai with the company triggered guiltier with his accusation of his own jealousy.

Kai approached Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyung Jong which greeted warmly by Kyung Jong in respecting his dear brother-in-law.

“Kai hyung, I have told Chanyeol hyung before that I’m going back to my hometown for awhile. I’ll try my best to persuade Mom and Dad to pay a visit to Kyungsoo hyung for once.”

Kai eyes were on Kyung Jong yet his mind was travelling to somewhere else. Yes. He knew it all that Kyungsoo was longing over his Mom and Dad, especially his Mom.

“Yes, Kai. It’s good for letting Kyung Jong to meet his Mom at hometown and invite her to come and pay a visit to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo ever told me before he fainted that he really wanted to meet his Mom,” said Baekhyun, convincing the idea.

Kai nodded his head while taking a very deep breath, slowly.

“What time you’ll go?” asked Kai while calculating the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter