Chapter 38

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was dark outside the mansion, telling it’s going to rain within moments. Kai could hear his son was crying at the living room. Exactly at 2.00 pm, he’ll go and bang the church, changing his vows with Krystal.

His heart told him to stop this ridiculous idea, stop this marriage even. His Daddy was right. Though Kyungsoo had walked away far within his reached, his heart was far from happiness. His Daddy… His Mummy… no one greeted him and congratulates for his new marriage soon.

Kai heard someone’s voice from outside, greeted anyone’s in the mansion. Kai took a look from his balcony and surprised to see Kyung Jong, his brother-in-law along with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Kyung Jong was discussing something with Mr. Kim. To add another suspicious bad news, Baekhyun was crying helplessly in Chanyeol embrace. Something went wrong. Kai quickly ran downstairs.

Before Kai could reach downstairs, Chanyeol luxurious car left the Kim mansion. The famous Mr. Kim was crying at the doorframe, meanwhile Lady Kim was approaching her husband with Ji Hun in her arm.

“Why, Oppa?” asked Minyoung, not expecting the worst scenario after Kyungsoo leaving.

“Kyungsoo…, Minyoung… Kyungsoo… left us…” told Mr. Kim in between his sobs.

Listening to her husband’s words, her world crumpled down. Her legs couldn’t bear enough her weight and later she collapsed next to her husband. Ji Hun in her arm also crying, like know the meaning her mother’s leaving.

Kai was speechless.

“What’s wrong with Kyungsoo, Oppa? What happened to him?” asked Lady Kim, couldn’t control her sobs.

“Kyung Jong came and told me that Kyungsoo met him before. Kyungsoo told him that he’ll leave to somewhere…faraway… He left a letter for Kyung Jong and he could only read the letter when Kyungsoo left. Kyung Jong read the letter as soon as Kyungsoo was gone and found that Kyungsoo was actually suffering from brain tumor and his tumor almost reached its final stage. Kyung Jong along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun went to the hospital Kyungsoo had monthly check-up and they confirmed it. And supposedly, Kyungsoo had to have his operation today… but he didn’t come… If Kyungsoo didn’t do the operation to remove his tumor, he’ll die. But, the problem is… no one knew where he is. He didn’t pick up his call either…” said Mr. Kim who even ignored Kai who was kneeling on the cold floor upon hearing the bad news regarding Kyungsoo.

“So, where will they find Kyungsoo?” asked Lady Kim with her hoarse voice.

“Kyung Jong said, Kyungsoo ever told him that he wanted to meet Ji Hyun.”

The louder Lady Kim wailing can be hearing. “It’s my fault, Oppa… My fault… if I’m not giving up telling Kyungsoo to stay, this thing will never happen!”

Kai was lost for his words. He was the worst. Now he knew it. He knew his faults when everything was too late to be fixed. Kyungsoo was trying his best to be the perfect wife for him but he was too blinded and judged everything without conscience. With the remaining strength in him, Kai took his car key and run to outside of the mansion. As soon as he was about to enter the car, Mr. Kim stopped him.

“Where to go, Kai? There is no need to look for Kyungsoo. Go change your clothes and go bang the church. Don’t worry about Kyungsoo. He was fine without you. I’ll wrap Kyungsoo corpse and give it to you on congratulation for your marriage. That’s what you want, right? If you really want to look for Kyungsoo, ignore it. Maybe at this time he was dead. Just go inside, Kai and get ready for the reception to start. That day you said you will never care even he has tumor, cancer or any fatal disease, and now be it. Act like you never care!”

Kai was shamelessly grabbed on his Daddy’s legs, seeking for another mercy, for forgiveness even.

“I’m sorry, Daddy… I’m sorry… It’s my fault… I didn’t listen to you… I love Kyungsoo, Daddy… I love him… I want to meet him… Let me see him, Daddy… let me…” plead Kai while crying still grabbing Mr. Kim legs.

“I am no one to say either your sorry was accepted or not, Kai. It’s Kyungsoo,” said Mr. Kim. And later the weather turned cold as the rain was heavily pouring down, crying over the fate of one’s unfortunate.

+++

Kyungsoo was walking like a living corpse when he passed by a few of graves around him. From afar he could see a grave he seeks for Ji Hyun’s.

“Ji Hyunnie… Umma is coming to you…” said Kyungsoo while kneeling in front of Ji Hyun’s grave. The memories between and his daughter was shared. A little memory about Ji Hyun before his daughter was long gone. Recalling his daughter was like Ji Hyun was actually still alive. Ji Hyun will never alone after this.

“I’ll come with you after this. Wait for me…” Kyungsoo said while caressing the tombstone.

Kyungsoo was crying in mess with his tears. His breath was shortening and the weather was worsening. His eyes couldn’t see things surround him properly. He leaned on Ji Hyun’s tombstone for support.

Kyungsoo was really losing all his energy left. He couldn’t stand and he was drenched in wet. His lips were trembling in cold. It was like his death was nearing closer. If his wish to die in his husband’s embrace was something he couldn’t get, then let him die near to his son instead.

From a far, he could someone’s calling for his name. The closer the voice, the louder he heard. But he couldn’t reply even more to open his eyes.

“Kyungsoo Hyung!!!” shouted Kyung Jong. Chanyeol and Baekhyun were tailing after Kyung Jong approaching Kyungsoo.

Kyung Jong was holding Kyungsoo weak body in his strong arms. He didn’t care the harsh weather even the darkness in the graveyard.

“Kyungsoo! How could you do tell me, Kyungsoo? Why Kyungsoo?” asked Baekhyun while caressing Kyungsoo pale face. Blood started to pour out from Kyungsoo nose. Baekhyun tried to stop the bleeding but it wasn’t succeeding.

“Baek… Mom… Mom...” said Kyungsoo, slowly.

“We go to hospital first, okay? Then, I’ll bring your mom. I promise you,” replied Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo try to open his eyes but later he collapsed in the arm whose hold him.

“Kyungsoo… Kyungsoo…”

Baekhyun was shaking Kyungsoo body but come no respond from Kyungsoo. The blood didn’t stop from sipping out from Kyungsoo nose and now even his mouth was bleeding.

“Kyungsoo was gone!” shouted Kyung Jong couldn’t hold back his patience.

Kai who just appeared was speechless when he saw Kyungsoo lifeless body. He was crying again. The pain of being left behind was unbearable.

“Kyungsoo… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

Chanyeol who appeared to be conscious with what had happened checked on Kyungsoo pulse.

“Kyung Jong, help me carry Kyungsoo. His pulse was still beating weakly. Faster, Kyung Jong! He’s dying!” shouted Chanyeol.

Before Kyung Jong could move Kai was faster enough to run close to Kyungsoo and carry Kyungsoo body in bridal style.

“Move, Chanyeol! My car!”

Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter