Chapter 37

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Counting the days left for his last breath taken away, Kyungsoo was calming his soul facing the nearer death with calm. Like today, he spent his evening at the garden while reading a book titled, ‘Death’. He was all ready for the death to invite him in at least now as everything he had experienced during his short life. He got to spend his married life with his crush though the happiness couldn’t last long but still it was o regret in marrying Kai.

For returning back to Kai’s life when his husband was encountered with such an unfortunate accident wasn’t something he regretted. Kai was treating him like an inhuman at the early stage of the marriage between them even such Kyungsoo loves him that much. Kyungsoo still love Kai until today though may be Kai hasn’t any feelings for him.

Telling his heart, everything’s okay in the end.

Ending. Kyungsoo didn’t know how this story of his life will end. They said, it’s always a happy ending in fairytale but his life isn’t a tale. So, it will never be a happy ending. Maybe his leaving brought happiness to the others, Kyungsoo assumed positively.

Leaving. To be frankly honest, he wasn’t ready to leave. He wanted to spend more time with his only son, Kim Ji Hun. His cutie, Ji Hunnie. Ji Hun might be his sole reason to stay more and second reason is Kai. He was praying that Kai will love Ji Hun, and spoiled him rotten. Well, at least their son was always reminded both of them to this failure marriage.

Kyungsoo stole a glance at his watch which wrapped nicely around his wrist. It’s almost 10.30pm. Mr and Lady Kim, both of them were attending an anniversary party quite far from Seoul. Both of the proud grandparents brought along their grandchild, Ji Hun with them. Kyungsoo bet Kai must be attending the same party with Krystal. Thus, he was told to stay at home and took so many rests as he can as his health was dropped to worst.

Letting go… Kyungsoo had letting Kai go at the same time Kai confessed about loving and marrying Krystal. It’s no use for waiting to someone who never loved him back. Recalling back the bitter memories at the office, at the living room, unknowingly he shed his tears.

Kyungsoo urgently wiped away his tears when he saw Kai’s car entered the garage and later revealed Kai in his branded black tuxedo. What were surprised Kyungsoo was Krystal’s appearance with a long white dress, looking compatible like a couple with Kai.

Kyungsoo wondered either it was their wedding anniversary or someone’s? if they do bang the church before they went home, then, that’s a cue for Kyungsoo to leave the mansion, very soon. Kai was marrying Krystal meaning a divorce between him and Kai.

He does really have no point to stay in the mansion any longer.

“Hmm… Kai honey… come here please… See…” Krystal pointed towards Kyungsoo’s direction. “Someone’s being so sentimental tonight…” mocked Krystal, shamelessly.

“What’s wrong with your puffy eyes?” Kai asked when he approached Krystal and s his arm around Krystal’s petite waist.

Kyungsoo showed no interested in answering Kai’s question. He continued with his reading like there’s no presence of the couple near him. Krystal felt her patience is thinning. She couldn’t believe Kyungsoo was acting like he’s the owner of the place when he was actually will be kicked out when she married Kai.

Krystal needs to teach Kyungsoo a lesson which he supposed to learn for messing with her patience. She trusted Kai to back her up.

Kyungsoo still stoning himself, immersed in his reading. Kai took the moment to eye Kyungsoo’s appearance that night. Nothing changed. But he could notice that Kyungsoo was paler than usual and his body was getting thinner.

Was he too heartless for choosing his ego over trusting his wife, Kai asked himself. Was he too blinded with something until he couldn’t appreciate something worthy and unworthy?

Kai left Krystal’s side and chose to sit next to Kyungsoo. He didn’t fail to see the traces of dried tears on Kyungsoo’s face. The guiltier he became.

“Kyungsoo! So I heard that you’ll leave this house this Saturday, right?” Krystal asking to break the cold silence while have a seat next to Kai.

Kyungsoo was still showing no amuse in replying Krystal’s question.

“Kyungsoo, whatever happened between us, we still can be a friend, right?” Kai asked this time, slowly whispering but Kyungsoo could hear all.

He tilted up his face and matched his gaze over Kai, expecting Kai to say more.

“Kyungsoo, can you help me to choose our wedding reception theme colour? Krystal wanted all in pink. In your opinion, which one is better? Pink or white?” Kyungsoo stared too long in Kai’s eyes. Finally, Kyungsoo closed his book which later surprised Kai when he saw the title of the book. ‘Death’.

“WOW! What an angst reading a book regarding death. Prepare much?” Krystal spat her words in mockery.

“So? Aren’t you not going to die later? What are you? A vampire?”

Krystal was getting more pissed off. She wanted to curse more but Kyungsoo’s ringing phone stopped her from doing so. Kyungsoo answered the call with no hesitate.

“Hello, I’m good. You?”

“Perfectly fine. Oh, Soo, I want to tell you that I’m carrying a baby girl,”

“Really? I bet Yeol must be happy. But Baek, either it’s a boy or a girl nothing’s matter,”

“You? Any new-mummy-symptoms?”

“Nope. It’s not my time yet,”

“I thought you’re pregnant when you met me. You looked pale. Are sure you’re taking care of your health?”

“I do, Baek. I’ve been eating very well every day. How can I stop death, Baek? It’ll come at such an unexpected time. No one knew just when… Oh, Baekhyunie… can you help me with something?”

Kai was losing all his words when he heard the conversation between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Something’s not right.

“Baek… if I’m dead, can you buried me next to Ji Hyun’s? You know that I have no one to seek for ravishing my loneliness. Well, at least I do have Ji Hyun there. Baekhyunie… I’m really sorry if I ever did wrongs to you. Say my sorry to Chanyeol too, okay?”

“Kyungsoo, what’re you talking about? It’s saddening me here. You said like you’ll die soon,” said Baekhyun with sobs between his words. He’s pregnant and his mood swings wasn’t a joke.

“Aww… Baek, stop crying there…” Kyungsoo cooed his friend on the other line. “It supposed to be a joke! Take care there, okay? Bye…” Kyungsoo ended the line.

Kyungsoo wiped away his tears that he shed silently while having a short phone conversation with Baekhyun. He got off from his seat. “I’m going in first.”

Kai was faster enough to grab Kyungsoo’s arm which surprised Krystal even more.

“Are you okay?”

Kyungsoo nodded his head, tired for answering the same question.

“Then, what’s wrong with dying, dead and die in your words, tonight? You even said that to Baekhyun.”

Kai’s sudden changed of behavior, showing concern and care softened Kyungsoo’s heart. This is Kai’s specialty – to play with his broken heart.

“So, I’m telling you this one last time, Kim Jongin. You hear me well. Yes. Yes I do have a fatal sickness. You don’t believe me, go on. If I’m dying, it’ll never stop the marriage between you two. Trust me. By the way, you asked me to choose the perception theme, right? I’ll choose white instead. It looks purely clean and when I’ll leave, I’m leaving in white.” said Kyungsoo while harshly pulled his arm away from Kai’s tight grip.

Kai was losing his pride and ego at each word Kyungsoo speaks.

“You know why Kai asked you to choose the wedding reception? Because we planned on changing our vows tomorrow and the wedding reception on the evening. We had discussed about this and everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter