Chapter 42

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost 4 months Kyungsoo has left behind his son, also Kai in the mansion. It was the same period of time that JiHun keep throwing his tantrum; missing his dear mother. Truth to be told, not only Jihun was affected by Kyungsoo’s leaving, Kai too. The big mansion among the housing estate, the Kim’s mansion has lost its color of happiness of a family upon Kyungsoo’s decision to leave.

Kyungsoo’s appearance in like a shadow form, sometimes like seeing Kyungsoo’s glimpse in the mansion was what keeps Kai drowns in his delusion imagination. He gave nothing but pain to Kyungsoo when he stayed with him; he admitted his mistakes of that. Giving up, is what he has intended to do but Jihun turned his plan at all cost. Jihun is the only gift Kyungsoo left for him.

Days, weeks, months, he felt empty.

When the darkness sipped in, only the tuxedo Kyungsoo’s left was being hugged by the father and son to feel that Kyungsoo was presence between both of them. Like Kyungsoo was never leaving both of them, like Kyungsoo was still on the same bed, cuddling with him.

His plea for Kyungsoo’s return never heard by anyone especially Kyungsoo. His longing, his regrets… What’s left is to pray for Kyungsoo’s safety on his behalf; that’s what Kai did, everyday.

Kai was too immersed in his short memory with Kyungsoo when he heard his son was crying in mess. He quickly took his steps to downstairs to take care of his beloved son.

“Jihun ie…? Aigoo… why’ve you crying, hmm?” Kai was taking Jihun from Mrs. Kim and brought his little son out of the mansion. It was stuffy inside though it’s empty. Jihun might felt the same thing as him, Kai thought so. Unlike other weekend, there was no Kyungsoo to suggest him to bring them to the nearby park and let Jihun walking around with his unstable steps while breathing in unpolluted air.

They’ll laugh together when they caught Jihun’s mischief. Later, Kyungsoo will buy a cone of ice-cream and they’ll share the same cone with three of them. Kyungsoo will help Jihun to taste the ice-cream and sometimes he even treated Kai like their little Jihun. Kai never felt the bliss of happiness but that. But his ego won over his sanity; he just lost his precious person in his life – his wife.

The car engine sounds had stopped Kai from trailing back to his past memory he shared with his little family. He eyed for every corner around the garden to search for his little Jihun. His worry face faded almost instantly when he found that Jihun has drenched wet as he was too happy playing at the fish pond.

Kai questioned his self why he didn’t notice Jihun has reached the pond. Kyungsoo was right he was careless in taking care of Jihun. He walked to his son and tickles him for being naughty and showered him with kisses at the same time.

“You had fever, Jihun ie… You’ll catch cold again later…”

Kai took Jihun in his arms and continued tickling her. Jihun giggled and whined cutely so that his father will stop ticking him. But Kai didn’t stop and pampered him more with his love. Jihun was his strength when he had found none reason to stay survive.

“Hi, Kai!” Kai met with Krystal at the doorframe of the mansion. Kai bet the car engine he hard before was indeed from Jung’s.

Without greeted Krystal’s back, he aimlessly went inside of the mansion and saw Krystal’s parents were having a talk with his parents in the living room. Kai asked a maid to help him changing Jihun wet dress and when the maid left to Jihun nursery Kai settled back to the living room and greeted with Krystal’s parents.

“You look thin, Kai… and miserable too. I’m here because your Mummy said that Jihun hasn’t getting better from his cold flu. It’s worry-sick. Jihun really need a mom for him, Kai. Don’t be selfish and just marry another one soon. Besides, just forget the argument between you and Krystal, Let past is gone, and now you started a new with Krystal. Krystal has changed a lot and why don’t both of you get back together as before?”

Kai glared at his Aunty, sharply. Krystal who was sitting next to her mother has lowering down her head, flushing in her shyness.

“I do admit Jihun need a mother for him, Aunty.” Both Krystal and her mother had curved smiles on their faces.

“But, the meaning of mother here is Kyungsoo and I really want to build a new life… unfortunately not with Krystal. I just want to start again with Kyungsoo. If it was really fated that I and Kyungsoo had to live like this, let it be. I’ll accept whatever thing as long as Kyungsoo still legally bonded.” said Kai with further explanation.

Mr. Kim who was sitting next to Kai patted softly his son on the shoulder, giving him more strength to face this life test.

Krystal along with her mother was turning upset and makes a sour expression upon listening to Kai words. Krystal’s father chose to silent up as he has no words to say more. Kai has put everything on his decision to consider with. The others should respect him.

“Let’s go to dining hall everyone. The food is all ready,” invited Lady Kim to the guests.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter