Chapter 22

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So, how about my condition, doctor?" asked Kyungsoo. He couldn't wait to know his X-ray result that he just did an hour ago. Remember Kyungsoo's headache and he even fainted before and now yes, he has decide to have a medical check-up after his headache didn't reduce even a bit and he always has the feeling to faint after has been standing for a long time.

"I hope you could calm down before I tell you the result..." said Dr. Kim smoothly.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath as his own way to find his courage and strength left in his soul.

"Mr. Do, based on the check-up, we found that there is tumor presence in your brain. So, this is the main reason why you always suffered the headache and throbbing pain from your head but you don't have to worry much since this tumor is still in an early stage and if you agreed to do the surgery to remove the tumor as soon as possible, the pain will fade away."

Kyungsoo has been in his silent for a while since he doesn't know how to respond with the current news he just received. He sighed and took a look at the doctor.

"How much do I need to pay for the surgery?"

"Ermmm.... It is about 14 million won."

Kyungsoo's face expression changed as the price mentioned by the doctor. He stared at the doctor deep into her eyes and finally he sighed again.

"Thanks, doctor!" That's the only words that Kyungsoo could speak as for now before he left the room.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I am totally disagreeing and oppose with your idea to return back to Kai!" shouted Baekhyun and snapped Kyungsoo to reality.

Kyungsoo was still massaging his throbbing head while having a lunch with his best friend at Namsan Tower, the nearest place to have a lunch from Chanyeol's firm.

"Please Baek, please understand me... For the sake of Ji Hun. I really hope that you'll understand...." said Kyungsoo while keep massaging his neck to reduce the pain that keep attacking him. 

"Okey, let's turn this story to other way round. Let's say Kai was not admitted into that accident and that will 100% sure he will never need you and Ji Hun in his life and absolutely you and Ji Hun will have a normal life as usual. So, what's the difference now? What had makes you think that he will totally change? You are so confident, Kyungsoo.... Are you not having enough of his cursing and insulting before this? I don't understand your stand and thinking, Kyungsoo. I really don't understand you at all," boiled Baekhyun in anger with Kyungsoo decisions to return back to Kai, his husband.

"Baek..., but I have no choice..." sobbed Kyungsoo.

"Who the hell force you to decide that kind of way? WHO? If all this put on decide just because of Ji Hun, then divorce Kai and marry other guy. Suho has waiting for you since forever, Kyungsoo! He has been waiting for you since we stepped our foot in UK, remember?" 

Kyungsoo didn't know what else he needs to say more. He almost burst into laughing when he heard the Suho has something string up with him. Yes, it's true that Kyungsoo and Suho are quite close since they met in BB Tuition Center and it just a coincidence that Suho was sending his niece there, too.

"But, the love of her biological father is far to compare with and I have give up finding anyone else to be my spouse, Baek..." weakly, Kyungsoo said.

"Give up you said? How about Kai then? Why didn't you give up on him, Soo? Tell me the truth Kyungsoo, what is your problem until you are desperately to come out with this silly idea?" Baekhyun wasn't satisfied with Kyungsoo's ridiculous reasons.

"Maybe according to you it may look silly but to me, everything is acceptable for Ji Hun's sake." Kyungsoo came out with his own decision.

"It's up to you, Soo.... This is your path that you chose and I don't have any rights to argue more. I have something more important to handle rather than keep busy to listen to your problems. Excuse me..."

Baekhyun got off from his seat with his sour expression and left the restaurant without any seconds to look back at behind, look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just could send the leaving steps of his best friend by his eyes, only.

“I'm sorry Baek; I don't have any guts to explain everything to you. You have helped me a lot along with Chanyeol's kindness to me and Ji Hun too... I don't want to be your burden anymore... This is your time to feel the beauty of living as a husband and wife with no one to interrupt. Baek, I'm still adore you as my friend, I love you...' 

Tonight is another cold night of autumn and Kyungsoo was still standing while facing the stars that are shining above the sky. He smiles. He had promised himself that he was not going to tell anyone about his sickness and he doesn't want to receive any help from anyone. If that's the fate that had written for him, he has to put a lot of patience with it. Well, at least after he has died in the future, Ji Hun still has his own father to look after his. He knew Kai and his family was sincere to beg an apology from him, so Ji Hun totally will receive the love from everyone inside of the Kim mansion. 

Kyungsoo was packing his things and stuffed everything inside of his luggage. The big mansion was full with serenity and gloomy, tonight. Baekhyun hasn't return since this evening. Kyungsoo bet that Baekhyun has stayed over in Chanyeol's apartment instead.

"Baek, if only you know what had happened to me........." Kyungsoo couldn't finish his words.

Finally, he was lying on the bed and closed his eyes. A few drops of tears streaming down his cheeks at the same time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kyungsoo has arrived at in front of the big mansion by taking a cab to reach there. The house which never change from the first time he saw it. The house looked dull even today is Sunday. Isn't Sunday supposed to be a happy day to spend with the family? It seems like his father-in-law is currently not at home as he found only Kai's cars in the garage.

The main gate wasn't locked properly, so Kyungsoo continued with his walking while carrying his little Ji Hun in his arms and his other hand was pulling his luggage.

Shakingly, he knocked the main door. His heart beats fast as he was afraid the same thing may happen again and again. Later, the main door was finally unlocked and revealed Maid Seo's face turn to pale. Maybe the maid was still afraid that Kyungsoo's presence will cause him more trouble. Ah, Maid Seo and Maid Kang never know that Lady Kim has changed.

Lady Kim was walking fast to the main door to welcome her guest and Krystal and the family is the least person she expected to come. The last time she met with the family was when she was still in the hospital and since Kai has been discharged from the hospital, never once they pay a visit.

"Who is my guests to come at this early morni....ng" and Lady Kim was mesmerized by the surprise.

"Lady Kim...."

Maid Seo was worried to see the changes in Lady Kim, her employer.  She scared that Lady Kim will scold Kyungsoo but the next scene is Lady Kim was running towards Kyungsoo and Ji Hun and brought them into her warm embrace.

Ji Hun who was in between Kyungsoo and Lady Kim has started to cry, angrily. Lady Kim scooped Ji Hun into her arms and kissed the chubby cheeks a few time and later the little Ji Hun laughed again.

This is the best moment happened in Lady Kim's life, the return of her son-in-law along with her granchild, Ji Hun. At last, Kyungsoo's heart has been opened a little bit to accept Kim as his family, too.

"Come on in, Soo... I was busy cooking chicken soup for Kai," said Lady Kim, friendly and grabbed Kyungsoo's arm to follow her.

"Maid Seo, please bring in Master Kyungsoo's luggage to his room. Why the hell you have to stand there? I'm hiring you as a maid not as a security guard..." complained Lady Kim toward her maid who happen didn't move from the doorframe. Who to blame when the scene in front of Maid Seo is seems rolling like a dream, like a movie instead.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Someone has annoyed Kai with his fake sleep when the door has been of his bedroom has been knocked by someone repeatedly for more than 5 minutes now. It seems the person has no intention to stop knocking the door.

" OFF!" shouted Kai, loudly.

The knocking sounds finally stopped and Kai closed his eyes again. But, as he was about to close his eyes, the sound of the door has been unlocked from the outside heard.

"STOP DISTURBING ME! I WANT TO SLEEP! GET OUT! OFF!" shouted Kai again and more loudly this time. He pulled the thick blanket to cover his whole body including his face.

Kyungsoo quickly pulled Lady Kim's hand to stop her from entering Kai's bedroom. Kyungsoo passed Ji Hun to Lady Kim and took a bowl of chicken soup instead. He whispered softly to Lady Kim to leave the bedroom while he took care of this situation.

Kyungsoo couldn't stay calm any longer when Kai has been drifter too farther away from reality and too mesmerized with his fake dreams. Kyungsoo had calculated that he couldn't survive forever since he was diagnosed with brain tumor. The most important thing to do now is his Ji Hun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter