Chapter 29

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo slowly attempted to open his heavy eye lids and fixed his gaze to the surroundings for minutes. He was totally sure that he wasn’t in his room and he started to doubt how in the world he ended up lying on the bed. He perfectly sure he was at the dark lane of the housing estate.

Kyungsoo shifted his eyes to look at the clock on the table next to bed. It’s 3.00 am in the morning. He threw the blanket away as he started to feel hot albeit the strong air conditioner had switched on in the room. He was furious when he found that he was wearing his dolphin pajama.

‘Don’t tell me that hurt Kai changed my cloth!’ Kyungsoo cursed, mentally.

The door abruptly opened and Kyungsoo pulled back his blanket and covered himself.

“Honey, have you awake? Here I bring a glass of hot chocolate and mineral water for you…”

Kyungsoo still didn’t move even an inch. His heart hurts each time his mind brought back to the last night’s memory.

“Kyungsoo baby, I’m sorry for my words, okay? I am so pressure with Krystal and it was stress so much. Please, baby…forgives me…. I know you are beyond stress either. When you decided to walk instead, only God knew how much worry I am. Please, don’t repeat that again… Luckily I was faster enough to catch you, if not…GOSH!!! I can’t imagine what may happen.” Kai took a peek at his wife who still didn’t show any sign of responding to his words.

“If you can’t accept me, how about we start with being friends instead?” suggested Kai. He even pull off the blanket that covered Kyungsoo and with depleted energy left in Kyungsoo, he lost. He let Kai to pull off the blanket and threw it somewhere near.

“Aigoo…baby… why are you so cute, huh?” said Kai. He even pinched his wife’s chubby cheeks.

Kyungsoo tilted his head away from Kai’s touch.

“There is no term like ‘baby’ used in friendship. Well, I just want to make you clear with that!”

Kai just smiles. Finally, Kyungsoo talked to him was something that he should brag on to the world. Though the words saying his sorry was forgiven never came out from Kyungsoo’s, still there’s hope that his wife has starting to accept him as the husband.

“Good night sweetheart… Don’t forget to drink those waters. Have a nice dream…” Kai bend his torso for a kiss attempt but Kyungsoo was faster enough to cover his face with the pillow.

“Aigoo… I should have thrown away the pillow at the first place. What a bothersome!” nagged Kai and followed with small laughter and later walked out from the room.

At the sounds of the door has been closed, Kyungsoo threw the pillow that he used to cover his face from Kai. He looked at the drinks that his husband has brought in for him. He finished a glass of hot chocolate first and smiles with satisfaction.

‘The taste was not bad!’ commented Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo walked to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face. He could see his giggled face through the mirror reflection. Kyungsoo washed his face again to wipe off the dream he once had just now. It was indeed a dream for having his husband caring for him so much.

                                                                                                                                                  +++

Kai quickly got off from his car as soon as he reached the garage of his family’s mansion, the Kim. The tired and exhausted expression was clearly shown on his face. There are tones of works waiting for him to be done at the office and as the CEO he has to stay until late at night.

The big mansion was very calm, quiet with serenity as maybe the people inside has fallen asleep. With a light step taken, Kai led his way to the main entrance only midway when he abruptly stop as he heard the screeching sounds of a car pull off outside the gate.

Kai was beyond shock when he found his wife; Kyungsoo was getting out from the cab. Kai pressed a button on the gate controller and the automatic gate was opened, to let Kyungsoo walked in. while waiting for Kyungsoo to reach the main entrance of the mansion, Kai stole a glance at his luxurious watch which is wrapped nicely on his wrist. It is already past 11.00 pm and Kyungsoo just reaching home from somewhere.

Different like days before, today Kyungsoo was found with a happy and cheerful mood tinted on his face. Kyungsoo even offered a smile to share with Kai. When Kyungsoo drew near and getting closer, Kai’s heart beats messily. When Kyungsoo was standing in front of him, he didn’t expect a peck at the lips is coming from Kyungsoo.

Cool, like a man, Kai calmed his heart and control his mind. He pulled Kyungsoo into his embrace and gave his beloved wife a kiss on the forehead.

“Baby, where did you go to? It’s almost midnight now…” asked Kai with worrisome.

Kyungsoo was actually has starting to get guilty to go out since this evening without telling his husband at the first place. He has tried to contact Kai but it was divert to the voice mail.

“Sorry…for going out without permission. But, I did call your hand phone and it can’t be reached though! Don’t blame me! Maybe your hand phone’s battery was drying out?” Kyungsoo defense himself.

“Still… there is an office line to call…”

Kyungsoo had lost for words and excuses to give to his husband. Kai was right and Kyungsoo mentally punched his own face when he never has any thought to call Kai’s office line. Kyungsoo knitted his brows and straightly stare at his husband’s eyes.

“You’re right… what to do? I really never intend to keep my schedule behind you…” said Kyungsoo and walked into the big mansion.

Kai was tailing after his wife until they reached their bedroom. He wasn’t satisfied with Kyungsoo’s answers and he needed more explanation.

“Soo…where have you been actually?”

Kyungsoo walked to the closet and pull out his dolphin pajama. He turned his head and found his husband was still waiting for him to answers.

“Working. I’m working at a tuition centre. The class start at 8.00 and ended at 10.30. It was rather hard to find a permanent job recently, so I should take baby steps by having a part time job instead,” explained Kyungsoo.

Kai glared at his wife and he wasn’t really satisfied with what Kyungsoo has been doing behind his back. As soon as Kyungsoo was walking to the bathroom, Kai grabbed his wife’s arm and Kyungsoo was almost shouted out loud.

“Can you stop being a beast by abruptly grabbing my arms?” Kyungsoo was boiling in anger.

Kai was letting go Kyungsoo’s arm within a millisecond.

“Sorry… I am really had no intention to hurt you. I thought I’m pulling your arm lightly enough…” Kai started to rub Kyungsoo’s arm which start to reddened.

“You’re thought and others thought might be different. Next time, try to control yourself when you deal with others, get it?” scolded Kyungsoo but he didn’t even move and still letting his arm rubbed by Kai.

“Okay, forget it… so, now I’m telling you that I hate it when you have to do part time job until late at night. Was it necessary?” asked Kai with the most decent style not to hurt Kyungsoo’s feeling even more.

“There is no such rule in laws stated that having a part time job is a crime.”

No, baby… I am not telling you that working part-time is an offence but your time of working until almost midnight is what I disagree. Baby, you are my responsibility. What if you just stay at home, taking care of Ji Hun, is a good housewife instead? I’ll give you allowance, monthly. I don’t want my beloved wife having a difficult time. You just don’t know how much I love you, don’t you?”

Kyungsoo was speechless when he heard Kai’s words.

“But, Kai… I’m not only need money for me… I need money too for my family and for the cost of…” Kyungsoo stopped half way as he wasn’t really thought it was necessary to tell Kai about it.

“What cost? What else? Explain more, Soo…”

Kyungsoo was starting to get nervous. He was scared his secret might be revealed.

“What I mean is the cost… to pay for Kyujong’s studies. The scholarship seems harder to get though.”

Kai stared at his wife.

“Okay. How about you worked under me? I offered twice the paid than before. Now as your husband, I’m using my veto power, either you accept my offer or I didn’t allow you to work anymore. Choose one.”

Kyungsoo took a seat at the edge of the bed to think about the offer. His relationship with Kai was still at the beginning which means they are lacking understanding within the both parties. But finally, Kyungsoo has decided to take the offer instead of being lazy in the mansion. It’s not like he has to be in the same room with Kai for the whole day, right?

Kyungsoo showed his cute smiles.

“So, baby… has you decide? I could see a secret smile on your face…” teased Kai.

Kai wanted to draw closer to his wife but Kyungsoo was quick enough to walk to the bathroom with his fasten steps. Before Kyungsoo entered the bathroom, he tilted his head to his husband.

“Just wait for tomorrow until I decide!” answered Kyungsoo.

The bathroom’s door was finally closed. Kai was standing midway and shook his head. His wife was too cute and innocent. He could tell by his wife’s acting just now, he could get a positive reaction for the next morning.

                                                                                                                                    +++

 It has been a week Kyungsoo was working under Kai in his husband’s own company. However, as the good performance of work that Kyungsoo always showing days by days, Kai has instruct Kyungsoo to go for an outstation at a rural area to gain more experience. Kai’s company has won the main tender regarding a resort nearby a lake.

Kyungsoo stole a glance at his watch. It’s only 6.00 am and as he overwhelmed by anxiety maybe that is the reason why he wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter