Chapter 44

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the middle of a night, a thirst hit Kyungsoo and when he took a look at the empty bottle of mineral water on his bedside table, he knew he has to take his waddle steps into the kitchen although his laziness. Kyungsoo threw his gaze on the digital clock and it brightly showed 5.00 am in the morning. After with so much effort, Kyungsoo pushed himself out from the comfy bed and walked out from his bedroom and only found with darkness.

Kyungsoo has to walk passed by the living room before he could reached the kitchen and the darkness in the house didn’t help to ease his way. He has to move to the sofa because as his memory could remember, the switch to turn on the lights is nearby there.

With a dim light from outside, Kyungsoo made his way to the said location and later he knocked on a coffee table that he couldn’t remember was there since forever and fall on the sofa. Luckily.

“Ouch!”

Kyungsoo almost shout due too frightening when he heard a deep husky voice of a man and a presence of another man in the house was what he scared the most. A table lamp was abruptly switched on by the other presence beside Kyungsoo.

“Soo… What’s wrong?” Kai asked his wife who somehow look paler than usual.

As soon as the voice registered again into his box of memory and later he found the familiarity. Kyungsoo was leaning to the sofa and trying his best to stable his breathing.

“What’re you doing here? I thought a thief had sneakily walked into this mansion and why are you even here? All the rooms in this mansion has been occupied and left you alone here?” Kyungsoo asked.

Sharing the glare and silence war, the surrounding was getting tense with the awkward situation.

“Soo… can you move? I can’t breathe properly.”

Kyungsoo face abruptly flushed red when he just found that he was actually having been sitting on Kai chest, not on the sofa. Kyungsoo moved his position and let Kai to loosen up his sore limbs and breathe properly.

“Sorry. Don’t mean to.”

Kyungsoo left Kai behind and walked back into his bedroom, his main intention to get a sip of water to soothe down his thirst. Kai was faster enough to grab the situation and chased after Kyungsoo and get his wife’s wrist grasped with his.

“Soo, aren’t you going to kitchen to get water? I’ll get that for you.” Kai was letting go Kyungsoo’s wrist and left to the kitchen which later appeared in the bedroom after Kyungsoo had tucked his self down in the bed. He brought a bottle of mineral water and replaced the empty one.

“Soo, get up… Drink this…”

Kyungsoo ignored his husband and the opposite side with difficulty, giving his cold back to Kai and pretended he was in deep sleep. As stubborn as Kai could get, he stayed still waiting for Kyungsoo to respond and yet Kyungsoo didn’t move an inch. He sighed. He poured water from the bottle into an empty glass and covered with an empty saucer, assuring the hygienic for a pregnant Kyungsoo. He placed the covered glass of water on the bedside table. Giving up.

“I’ve put the glass with water on the table. Promise me you’ll drink that later. I’ll wake you up when it’s time for breakfast. Sweet dream. I love you.”

Kai stole a chance to rub on Kyungsoo’s protruding belly before left the bedroom. Kyungsoo abruptly opened his eyes when he heard the door has been closed, indicating Kai had left him alone in the room.

+++

“Soo… wake up…”

Kyungsoo felt like he was just closed his eyes and now he need to wake up again? Kyungsoo grunted with his eyes still closed. Displeased.

“What now? Let me sleep will you? I’ll drink that water later.”

Kyungsoo started to talk gibberish in his sleep which later earned a chuckle from Kai amusing at his wife’s sleep-talk habit. He still shook Kyungsoo’s body slowly, to wake up the latter.

“Wake up, Soo… It’s almost 8 in the morning. Breakfast time.”

Kyungsoo woke up at the mentioned of breakfast.

Did he just say something like he’ll drink the water later? Did he just sleep-talk in front of Kai? Kyungsoo mentally slapped his self at his second mistakes. Kyungsoo keep yawning and demand for more sleep.

“Go out first! I’ll wash myself first before breakfast.” Kyungsoo shooed away his husband and pushed himself out from the comfy bed. Kai again was there offering Kyungsoo his help but he yanked away his husband’s hand as it touched his. Kyungsoo knew Kai was hurt by his action but he could care less. What he did to Kai was never as much as what Kai did to him before.

“Sorry Mummy… I couldn’t wake up earlier to help you prepare the breakfast,” Kyungsoo said when he reached the dining table after washing up.

Lady Kim simply smiles.

“It’s okay Kyungsoo. There is no need for you to prepare the breakfast I could do that myself along with the maids’ help. You just have to take care about your pregnancy and do not oppose the idea that I’m bringing Jihun ie to sleep with me. You need rest, Kyungsoo.” His mother-in-law assured him that everything is well handled.

Kyungsoo was touched by his mother-in-laws words because the woman was too concern of his well-being, consideration in taking care of him and Jihun.

Kai appeared a second later and chose to sit next to his wife.

“Kyungsoo, you’re eating too little…” said Mr. Kim upon seeing his only son-in-law was eating too little to his liking.

Kyungsoo was lost at the direct concern and all eyes on the dining table had their eyes on him.

“It’s nothing Daddy… I just feel a bit nauseous. That’s all…” Kyungsoo assured his father-in-law and Kyungsoo could tell Kai who happened to sit next to him still eyed him.

“Soo… do you want to eat anything else? I’ll buy it for you?” Lady Kim had this proud smile on her face when her son somehow had changed a bit.

Kyungsoo left Kai question unanswered and brought his plate to sink. He opened the refrigerator and searched for something that could soothe down the nauseous feeling. He returned to the dining table while eating something.

The maids were busy cleaning the dining table and Kai wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter