Chapter 51

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a mid-autumn morning, a thanksgiving day for everyone, a Chuseok day to celebrate with the family and a very good day to start anew. Kyungsoo woke up earlier today and thefirst person he met when he opened his eyes was no other than his beloved husband, Kai.

“Morning… Happy Chuseok Day, love… Thanks for accepting me, again…”

Kyungsoo snuggled closer and let the warmth for the embrace that he yearned now bounding in between their relationship.

“Happy Chuseok Day, too… Kai…”

Morning kisses were shared and Jihun who was in the middle of his parents wriggling from the cramp spaces that disturbed his sleep. Kai lulled back his son back to sleep and allowed his wife to have his warm shower first before they left the room for celebrating Chuseok morning with the family.

Lady Kim has woken up too early today and absentmindedly sitting lifelessly in the dining room with hustle maids around her. The maids were busy preparing the dishes for the whole family while trying to put on their mask that they didn’t know about Kyungsoo and Jihun return last night. Kai has told the maids last night not to inform his parents regarding his precious’s family return. Let it be a surprise for his parents.

“Morning, Mummy…” Kai greeted his mother and placed a kiss on Lady Kim cheek.

Her eyes trailed down to her son’s hanbok and the red hanbok was fitting so well on her son’s torso. Red suits the best on him.

From checking his son’s body, Lady Kim had her eyes on Kai expression and instead of gloomy and dark cloud’s face she met with a bright shine that radiating happiness on her son’s face. He looked somehow happy more than last night and she assumed that maybe her son had decided to move on from Kyungsoo and Jihun leaving. Or was her son was only pretending to appear strong to confront her?

Lady Kim showered her only son’s face with kisses too. A mother’s love.

“Good morning too… You’re handsome today might as well will sweep ladies and men by your feet, hmm?” Lady Kim praised her son and teasing him at the same time, considering his single status.

“Mummy, how can you say that? What if Kyungsoo heard it? He’s too sensitive nowadays and I’m doomed if he heard you.”

Lady Kim choked at her son’s words thinking Kai had lost his sanity when he lost Kyungsoo along with his son. Kai talked as if Kyungsoo was still in the house but she dismissed the thought away, thinking her son was only in a mere hallucination.

“Where you get this red hanbok? If I’m not mistaken, Kyungsoo and Jihun hanbok were red too, right? Mummy saw it when he packed his clothes yesterday. Kyungsoo prepared it for you?”

Kai nodded because indeed Kyungsoo bought him the hanbok because his wife wanted to wear the same color with their small family.

“Yes, Mummy… Kyungsoo bought it for me and he wanted me, Jihun and he wear red for Chuseok. Isn’t the red tone is nice, Mummy? Jihun will look more charmingly bubbly in his mini red hanbok, too, right?”

A tear slipped out from Lady Kim eyes at Kai explanation like how her son was longing over his beloved family.

“Mummy… what wrong, huh? Everyone is happy celebrating Chuseok with their own family so Mummy doesn’t break the tradition. Come on, stop crying, Mummy…” Kai cooed down his mother and wiped away the tracing tears. He started to pity his mother but considering he really wanted to get his surprise done, he continued to torture his mother’s dismay.

“Kai, I bet Jihun will look cuter if he wears his hanbok. I’m so eager to see him and it’s only a day he left me… what’s more if he left me for days? Weeks? Months? Decades? But its okay, Kai… Maybe we could visit him later… You stay here for awhile and let Mummy help the maids with the dishes.”

Lady Kim got off from the chair to head to the kitchen. She didn’t want to show her sadness because she was only losing her son-in-law and grandson but Kai, her son… Kai lost more compared to her.

“Mummy…”

She stopped on her steps still didn’t turn back, shielding her sorrow.

“If Jihun was wearing hanbok, will he look like this?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter