Chapter 41

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

+++

Kyungsoo was still intertwined his fingers with his mother. When he first conscious after the comma, the first person he saw was his mother. There is no happy moment in his life but meeting and reconcile back with his own parents, especially his mother.

Baekhyun was still standing strong next to Kyungsoo. Ji Hun was in Chanyeol’s arms, whining to let him free from Chanyeol’s embraced. At his age now, Ji Hun was quite strict in picking as to whom he wanted to be with. Since it has been months Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn’t pay them a visit, Ji Hun was a bit shy to coup with the couple well.

Kyungsoo pulled out his arms and in no time Ji Hun was in his motherly touch.

“What’s wrong, Ji Hunnie? Have you forgotten Uncle Yeol and Uncle Baek? Who take care of you since you are young, hmm? You are being naughty now, Ji Hunnie…”

Mrs. Do was smiling seeing her grandson’s clingy act. She even blew raspberries to Ji Hun which later earns giggles from the little boy.

“Where Mom, Dad and Young Shik samcheon are going to sleepover tonight?” asked Kyungsoo while lovingly caressing his son’s silky hair.

“Kai had invited us to sleepover at the mansion. Even his parents were too insisting us to sleep there. Mom’s in guilt here…”

Kyungsoo wasn’t accepted the idea for letting his parents to stay at the mansion – the same mansion of living hell.

“Baek… Yeol… can my family stay overnight at yours instead?” Baekhyun curved his big smiles.

“Kyungsoo… your family is also mine. Just stay over at ours. Well at least the empty rooms were used wisely this time…” Kyungsoo was childishly giggled at Baekhyun reply.

“Thanks, Baek…Yeol… Mom, you don’t have to stay overnight at Kim’s, okay? Mummy and Daddy sure being nice to you but I’m not his son-in-law no more. What will Krystal say? Besides, she was a lawfully wedded wife of Kai. Also, there is nothing between me and K-” Just then Kai appeared from nowhere before Kyungsoo could utter more.

“No, Kyungsoo! You are still my wife! STILL!” Kai emphasized the word ‘Still’. At Kai’s words, Kyungsoo felt like thousands pillow basalt were falling hard onto him. What kind of problems that he’ll face this time? Kyungsoo has been giving up holding any longer his position as Kai’s legal wife.

“I’m not interested with your lame joke,” said Kyungsoo, not amused.

Kyungsoo never once turned his head to face Kai. Never. He turned his head to the right side of his to meet with his Mom’s calm face instead. Chanyeol on the hand was bringing Ji Hun away when Kai entered the room abruptly.

“Soo… the wedding between me and Krystal has been cancelled. Not Krystal, not even anyone else…” said Kai, rather softly.

“WHY?” shouted Kyungsoo. He had enough of this drama. “Do you have done to torture my life yet? DO YOU? You have not enough to whip me with those bashful accusations of yours, haven’t you? You have told me enough that I am no one that has no place that deserve your love. Not even sympathy, Kai!” Kyungsoo’s voice was getting louder as he speaks his painful for entitled himself as Kai’s wife.

Mrs. Do who was still next to her son was supporting any decision from Kyungsoo. She lent her son a bit of her strength by holding Kyungsoo’s hand silently. Baekhyun was ready to get off from the chair he sat on to leave some space for Kyungsoo and Kai to reconcile.

“Baekhyun! Don’t leave me alone, here… I want you to witness this. Mom and Baek are going to witness our separation, Kim Jongin ssi. I’m begging you, pleading you even… if there is still empathy in you, let me go. Get me a divorce soon. Let me get my chance to build my ruined life when I’m with you before. I don’t want to be your wife. I’m not slightly even happy with you…” Kyungsoo plead with his sobs in between.

“I’m done with you!” Kyungsoo confessed.

Baekhyun could tell how much Kyungsoo has been suffered. He was pressured with so much feeling. Depressed, frustrated, rejected, broken-heart – all listed. What the doctor said about Kyungsoo’s tumor was right. Kyungsoo was pressured with his own surrounding. Kyungsoo seems like losing his strength, his hope to survive. The wounded scars of Kyungsoo weren’t easily healed this time.

Kai tried to approach near Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s pale face was what he kept on eyeing on. If he was beyond shameless, Kyungsoo might be in his tight hug right now but reality is real. To even approach Kyungsoo he needed to gain more than courage. Kyungsoo will not accept him at this time.

But, his spirits to get Kyungsoo back never faded. He kept on trying if he needed to. If Kyungsoo was what betting on the line, he will face this war. This cold war.

“Soo… I never love Krystal. I lied. I really have no intention to hurt you. I admit that I’m egoist here. Due to my own self-ego, my life ruined. Our marriage ruined but I’m really sorry…When you left the mansion before, I just realized how much I love you… I really couldn’t face the future turbulence without you… I really love you, sincerely. If you want me to kneel upon you, I’m willing to do so. Please, Kyungsoo… Say whatever punishment that I deserved as long as you will forgive me in the end. I’m regretting this, Soo… I regret this… I’m sorry…”

Kai has knelt down on the floor next to Kyungsoo’s bed. Mrs. Do and Baekhyun were touched with Kai’s will telling he’s sorry. Kyungsoo might not know this, but Baekhyun knew better how Kai was the only one taking care of Kyungsoo when no one was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter