Chapter 47

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It almost to 10 pm when Kim’s mansion landline was ringing. Kyungsoo who happened to stay still in the living room next to the landline with his son picked up the call instead.

Every night it always Kyungsoo, Ji Hun and a few maids stayed in the house. Kai as usual, had a meeting with his clients meanwhile his parents-in-law, both of them were busy attending parties of their friends.

“Hello,” Kyungsoo greeted whoever on the line with him

After words changing between persons on the other line, Kyungsoo face scrunched up and he frowned at the news he just received. Anyone could tell that it was not a good news at all.

”I’ll forward the news to them.”

When the line has ended, Kyungsoo stared blankly at the landline. The frowned never left him after the call.

“Who are calling you, Kyungsoo?” Lady Kim entered first followed by her husband. She rushed to her grandson and cooed him. A second later Kai arrived at the mansion but walked straight to the kitchen to soothe down his thirsty.

“Mummy, Daddy… Krystal’s father called just now. He said… Krystal was admitted into a hospital… She…” Kyungsoo couldn’t continue his sentence as he was distracted by Ji Hun who had walked away from the living room to the kitchen. Kyungsoo wanted to grab his son before he played with anything harmful in the kitchen but eventually stopped midway when he saw Kai had stepped out from the pace he headed before with Ji Hun in his one harm and another one carried a bottle of isotonic drink with him.

“Why Krystal is in the hospital?” Lady Kim asked, curiously.

“What Mummy? Krystal is in the hospital? Why? When?” asked Kai regarding the sudden news.

Somehow, his jealousy was roaring within Kyungsoo at the moment Kai seemingly worrying about Krystal when he mentioned of she was admitted into the hospital without knowingly the reason behind of it. Yes. Jealousy spells love. Kyungsoo was the one who want to forget his love towards his husband and why he should have this tinge of jealousy? Kai only asked a few question yet Kyungsoo judged him on everything.

“What did they said about Krystal, Kyungsoo?” asked Mr. Kim this time. He was feeling too curious.

“Miscarriage.” Both his parents-in-law gasped at one word Kyungsoo said and Kai on the other hand looked oddly calm and gulped down his drink.

“How can this thing happen to Krystal? How can she turn like this?” Mr. Kim shook his head at the unbelievable news. Kyungsoo then walked to the empty spot next to his husband and settled himself down on the couch. He sometimes rubbed the pain on his lower back and seeing Kyungsoo discomfort triggered another worry in Kai mind. Unknowingly, Kai massaged on Kyungsoo lower back and this time he let his husband worked a magic with his hand on his aching back and yes he didn’t protest at the skin ship.

“Kyungsoo, is your lower back hurt so much?” Lady Kim asked when she saw his son continue to soothing the pain away from the pregnant spouse.

Kyungsoo simply nodded at the question, has no energy much to put on words.

“When the baby start to grow and it’s not a new thing to have this pain on the lower back and every part of body even start to ache too. Pregnancy is not easy, what’s more in labor. If the husband never value this kind of sacrifice of a wife, do castrate him alive,” commented Park Minyoung again.

“Mummy, why did your words seem like directly point on me? Because of my love to Kyungsoo, I’m willing to do anything during his pregnancy now.” Kai said while his hands still massaged on Kyungsoo lower back. Kyungsoo didn’t say anything because he was still struggling to withstand with the pain.

“Let’s visit Krystal. What’ll they say if we, as one of their close family didn’t visit her in the ward?” Mr. Kim nudged his wife next to him. When he was about to leave the couch his cell phone was ringing indicating he received a call.

“Yes? Jung? I’ll visit later.” Mr. Kim said to the other person in the line and ended the call after.

“Krystal lost too much blood they said and still unconscious. Minyoung, let’s go. Kai… are you coming?” Mr. Kim asked his only son who somehow had stopped massaged on Kyungsoo lower back.

Kyungsoo who has drained out with energy was leaning on Kai shoulder while his husband pushing a few strands of hair away from Kyungsoo forehead. Kyungsoo couldn’t describe his feeling right now. Yes, he did feel like he was being loved by his husband, and during his probation period he gave to his husband, never once Kai disappointed him in showing his true and pure love.

“Maybe later? I’ll tuck Ji Hun in bed first. Since its emergency case, the hospital will let the guests visit at ungodly hour,” replied Kai nonchalantly.

The elder couple of Kim has left the living room and Ji Hun was wailing out loud when he saw his grandmother had walked away without bringing him along. Kai got off from the couch and scooped up his son in his arms, calming him down, wiping his tears away – in his warm embrace.

Ji Hun was still crying in mess and Kyungsoo searched something on his left and right, anything that may distract his son from wailing. Only Kai empty bottle of his isotonic drink was within his close distant. He shoved his son the empty bottle and Ji Hun abruptly stops crying.

“Where’s the remaining water?” Kai asked because he clearly remembered that he didn’t gulped down all the water in the bottle.

“I drink it all.” Kyungsoo answered.

“Soo, it is carbonated drink! I told you to hold the bottle while I massaged your lower back,” Kai started to feel annoyed with Kyungsoo unhealthy diet during his pregnancy.

“Ah, you told me to hold the bottle, only? Well, what’s hurt if I drink the water and for your information, that’s not carbonated drink and it is isotonic! I need to regain back my energy too.”

Kai shook his head because his wife’s stubbornness is beyond unbelievable.

“I’ll tuck in Ji Hunnie to bed first before I left to the hospital. Are you okay staying by yourself while I’m away for a moment?”

Kyungsoo had his eyes on his husband, Kai.

“Why can’t you visit her tomorrow morning instead?”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter