Chapter 31

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo diligently typing his report and sometimes he changed his gaze towards the file on the table as references. Suddenly, the door of his room was opened from outside. Kyungsoo stole a glance once but later he back to focus on his work. Kai has taken an empty seat opposite to his wife. Kyungsoo stopped his work and eyed straight towards Kai.

“Yes, Kai ssi, what can I do for you?”

Kai only replied with a grin.

“Nothing. I’m only missing you rather weirdly amount. I can’t focus on my work if I couldn’t get to see you even once for a day.”

Kyungsoo was too lazy to bother Kai, so he focused back typing his report. Seeing his wife ignored him, Kai walked behind Kyungsoo and later his wife was in his embrace. Kyungsoo tilted up his head, looking at his husband.

“Jonginnie?”

Kai shoved out a piece of paper from his coat’s pocket and gave to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s eyes rounded so big when he saw the amount mentioned on the cheque.

“Why is it so much? I only need 2 million won but this is 5 million won!”

 

 

 Kai stay in silent. He wasn’t really cares about the money as long as he could feel his wife’s presence in his embrace, that’s more than enough eventually.

“Assume the balance as our wedding gift. When we first got married, I gave you nothing.”

“I’m not marrying you, taking money as the reason. Later, I’ll give you the balance, okay?”

Kai shook his head, disagreeing.

“If you are returning back the money, it means that you are no longer loves me.”

Finally, tears dropped down from his glassy eyes.

Kyungsoo.

+++

The phone on Kai’s table was ringing, and he abruptly stopped to pick up the call.

“Yes, Suzy?”

 

 

 "Kai ssi, Chanyeol ssi is on the line.”

 

 

 Kai knitted his brows in confusing.

 

 

“Pass the line.”

 

 

“Hello… I’m doing fine… You, Park?”

 

 

 Kai totally listening to each words mentioned by Chanyeol. Sometimes, he wrinkled his wide-forehead; still no words were coming out from him though he has exhaling his heavy breath a few times.

 

 

Thanks, Yeol… thanks for all your kindness that you have been giving to my family. If that’s what Kyungsoo wanted it from you, do accept it. It’s my responsibility to start with and I am really appreciating it. Okay… if we do have time, let’s meet each other.”Kai cut off the line and he took a very deep breath, abandoning the suffocating feeling inside of him. There were no words to utter no more. Somehow the thought of how Kyungsoo played the whole responsibility brought the guilty feeling overtaken himself.

 

 

Did Kyungsoo never really forgive him at the first place?

 

 

Kai pressed a button on his intercom that connected to Kyungsoo’s room’s line and he had no reply. He tried again, yet still no reply.

 

 

 “Suzy, where’s Kyungsoo?” asked Kai to his secretary.

 

 

"Kyungsoo ssi went to clinic as he said maybe he will take a medical leave today.”

 

 

Kai was even more disappointed at Suzy’s answer. Did Kyungsoo really never once accept him, as his husband into his life? He has starting to wonder either his presence is such a nuisance to Kyungsoo as his wife never tell him even once his whereabouts. Kyungsoo is his responsibility. Kai was letting go all the questions in dismay as he thought maybe Kyungsoo was such an independent person before and even until today. He trusts Kyungsoo as he was.

 

 

 Kyungsoo was arriving at the Kim’s mansion by taking a cab. He went to the clinic for monthly check up regarding his tumor. His doctor was suggesting doing the surgery as soon as possible to stop the cancerous cell from spreading, wide.

 

 

 Honestly, Kyungsoo was intentionally never told Kai for his clinic visit and he was really sure Kai will beg him to tag along. He really has no heart to make Kai in worry and at the thought of he loaned money from his husband and it was enough to seek for Kai’s help. He ever mentioned before that he will pay the money that he loaned from Kai and to put his circumstance at logically thinking there is no such way he has time to pay back the money.

 

 

 Kyungsoo rang the mansion’s doorbell yet no one come out to open the gate for him. Kyungsoo took out the duplicate keys and opened the gate by himself. As soon as he pulled the gate to open, a sport car arrived exactly near him. Han Krystal arrogantly walked out from the luxurious car and approached the dumbfounded Kyungsoo.

 

 

 "Hey, ! I am not yet enough to argue with you!”

 

 

 Kyungsoo was really tired to argue back and he stepped into the mansion without bothering Krystal who was tailing after him. Abruptly, Krystal grabbed Kyungsoo’s arms and Kyungsoo was shocked by Krystal’s bold deed.

 

 

 Take off your hand!”

 

 

 Krystal took off her hand, mockingly in sneer.

 

 

 "You think I’ll let it all go those humiliations you said in the car that previous day? No, way in hell, Kyungsoo! I knew too damn well that Kai’s changed affected by you and do not ever think I’ll let Kai go all alone though he has hurt me. Never.” said Krystal with full of determination.

 

 

To put on his expressionless face, Kyungsoo tilted up his head, staring straight into Krystal’s eyes.

 

 

 “That’s your problem not even mine to start with. Go on with your dreams and I am not here to interrupt… well, excuse me…”

 

 

 Kyungsoo continued to step into the mansion only to stop again when Krystal was quickly enough to block his way, again.

“Hey, ! Where’s Kai…? I mean… my Jonginnie?”

 

 

 Finally, Kyungsoo was losing all his built up patience.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter