Chapter 49

My Life as Do - Kim Kyungsoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo was too immersed in checking the paternal dress on the mannequin and he admired the simple design on the cloth. Because he was too focused admiring on something, he didn’t realize that someone had stood next to him.

“Ops, sorry…”

Kyungsoo quickly said his sorry when he crashed on the other person but his eyes never left the mannequin and the knee-long jacket.

“If you like that jacket too much then buy it. Go get the jacket or even the mannequin, I don’t care.”

Kyungsoo was choked when he heard the same familiar voice and thus he turned to meet the man.

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked Kai.

“Well… shopping? Last minute shopping even? We’re celebrating Chuseok within two days and I haven’t prepared anything to celebrate it. Besides, I did plan on giving gifts to my in-laws at hometown. So, may I join you, my beautiful spouse?”

Kyungsoo didn’t bother to answer because he was awestruck by Kai simple dress up. His husband didn’t possess any aura of the CEO in the company with his plain shirt and denim along with baseball cap on his head.

“Hey, Kai? Since when you’re here? How can you know both of us shopping in COEX?’ greeted Chanyeol from behind.

Kai grinned at his best friend and showed his perfect white teeth.

“Soo, I thought there is another man was flirting with you and when I look closer… Ah, It’s Kai! You look different, Kai… You look younger and single and I bet if you go flirting around a few ladies will beg you to take them. If you bring Jihun along, other people will think that he’s your younger brother not your son! Right, Yeol?”

Kyungsoo pouted when he heard Baekhyun praising on his husband’s appearance. Kai winked at Baekhyun while Chanyeol simply smiles as he knew both his best friend and his wife were plotting new drama here.

“Oh, Yeol! Look at the three ladies there. I’m very aware that they had their eyes on Kai since he arrived here. Your fame will be at the peak when you start to be single again, Kai!” Kyungsoo frowned at Baekhyun words.

“Yes, Kyungsoo.  Don’t show me your sour face! You stay there, relax yourself. Allow Kai to find a new spouse for him first and your turn will be after you give birth later. Maybe you will find anyone…”

Kai ogled on his wife who had flamed in red and Baekhyun simply never care about it.

“Yeol, let’s take a look at baby stuff there!” Baekhyun practically dragged Chanyeol to join him to the other section, not bothering to take a look on Kyungsoo expression changed.

When the married couple left, Kyungsoo waked from one isle to another as he tried his best to cool down his temper at Baekhyun words.

“Soo…you don’t have to feel hurt on Baek’s words and it’s not like you don’t know him. He was that special to outburst his thought without thinking first. Are you searching for babies’ cloth, hmm?”

Kyungsoo put on halt his moving.

“Why did your dresses up like this? What? Excited too much to be single again?”

Kai almost burst into laughter but he had to hold back in as he didn’t want his wife to be mad at him again. Secretly, Kai was congratulating himself mentally. Kyungsoo jealousy was a positive sign in their relationship.

“Soo, no matter how handsome I am, you’re still my number one in my heart,” Kai shamelessly confessed, tapping on Kyungsoo nose before Kyungsoo could yanked away Kai hand from touching him.

“Soo… you’re not buying anything… yet?” Kyungsoo didn’t say anything but simply pointed his finger towards Chanyeol direction that happened had walked to the Park’s couple.

“Why? What’s wrong with Chanyeol?” Kai asked, didn’t get with what Kyungsoo tried to point out. “You mean…” Kai couldn’t finish his lines because Chanyeol had interrupted their conversation.

“Yes, Kai ssi. On my right hand are my wife’s shopping bags and surprisingly on my left are your wife’s shopping bags. With honor on my behalf, take all these because my limbs are sore now.”

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun laughed at their own husband antics and the two best friends continued with their shopping spree while their husbands, both Chanyeol and Kai loyally followed around with more shopping bags in their hands.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was in the middle of midnight and the mansion was usually quiet, like tonight, as the people living in the luxurious mansion had drifted into their deep slumber. Everyone was sleeping but Kyungsoo. He has been turning from left to right, uncomfortable. Maybe he had pushed his limits when he did shopping before or maybe he wasn’t sure with his decision to leave his husband tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day that he had been waiting for so long yet he wasn’t happy. He had build up his new determination this morning to start a new life but tonight he felt helpless, his heart was aching in vain, he wanted to shout out loud or to cry even.

While Kyungsoo was debated with his inner self, he heard the door creaked opened and Kyungsoo abruptly closed his eyes and turned to his right, facing the window.

Kai approached his wife and took an empty space next to Kyungsoo. He caressed on Kyungsoo silky hair and he knew his wife wasn’t asleep yet. He lied himself down next to his wife and had his muscular arms securely hugged his wife’s waist, protectively.

“Let me sleep with you tonight before you walked out from my life. Soo… what is the meaning of my life if you choose to leave me. I will miss you so much… miss our Jihunie… our girls…”

Kyungsoo could feel Kai warm hand was caressing on his protruding belly with their girls kicking lightly inside.

“Sleep tight, Soo baby… I love you…”

Kai closed his eyes and a tear finally slipped from his b wet eyes and Kyungsoo had wiped away the streaming tears on his face. He grabbed his husband’s hand in him, their fingers intertwined with each other and finally Kyungsoo was drifting into his colorful dreams in his husband’s embrace. If their hearts assured that together is the rightful choice, their loves confirmed the blooming feeling, and then what is the need of this separation?

Kyungsoo phone ringing awaking Kai from his sleep and when his sight fall on his wife’s sleeping figure, Kai dismissed the idea to wake up his wife. He slowly made his move away from Kyungsoo and hurriedly got the phone on the make-up table and answered the call.

“Hello… yes, Chanyeol?”

“Oh, really? Okay… Okay… I’ll inform Kyungsoo later. Don’t worry too much, Baekhyun and your unborn will be fine. Yes, bye…”

Kai threw his gaze on Kyungsoo on his side and had his lips on Kyungsoo jaw, trailing kissing his wife.

“Soo, baby… wakes up…” Kai tried to wake up his wife even he has no guts to do so, but Chanyeol sounds panic on the other line before.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes a bit before closed it again. His wife wasn’t fully waking up and conscious enough.

“I don’t want to drink that milk, Yeobo… I want kimbap…”

A warm feeling crept into Kai chest straight into his heart when he heard Kyungsoo addressed him as his ‘Yeobo’ though he knew Kyungsoo was actually sleep-talking. If Kyungsoo was fully wide awake, there’s no hope his wife will address him with that pet name. He bets his fortune for that.

“Do you really want to eat kimbap that much, huh? Come on, Soo… wake up…”

Kyungsoo finally opened his eyes widely and pushed himself up from his lying position and now sitting while leaning to the headrest of the bed.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked.

Kai smiles subconsciously seeing the pout on Kyungsoo face, probably sulking for disturbing his sleep.

“Chanyeol called just now. He told me that Baekhyun was in labor room and I planned to visit them.”

Kyungsoo was beyond surprise at the current news he received.

“He said he will not due until next week? He’s that stubborn for walking around too much this afternoon. Served him right! I’ll get ready. Wait up.”

Kyungsoo got off from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter