Why Memories?

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Click” Yes, Xiumin thought to himself s his locker successfully swung open. Thank goodness I don’t have to go get someone to help me that would just be embarrassing, plus it would bring attention, he continued conversing with himself as he pulled out some extra pencils and paper to store in his locker. As he pulled out a couple books from his bag that he wouldn’t need 'till later he heard a loud gasp escape the girl a couple lockers down.

“Look, look” she squealed, jumping up and down next to her friend pointing at something at the other end of the hall. Oh great, Xiumin thought to himself knowing that only a few things make teenage girls act as crazy and the one major cause in a high school was the social elite.

“They are waaaayyyy hotter in person”, the other girl squealed in replay to her friend. “Oh look they are coming our way stay cool” the girl pulled her friend back around facing her locker. The way they acted like they weren’t staring was just pathetic.

“Are you almost finished there shorty?” a voice rudely asked from the side of Xiumin. “The door of your locker is blocking mine, again” Xiumin turned around to face the sharp features of the speaker.

“Ummm, sorry Tao” Xiumin muttered, inwardly cursing himself for taking his time this morning.

“How many times to I have to tell you shrimp, I don’t want to see your ugly face each morning it ruins my day.” Yeah mine too Xiumin quickly commented inside his head. “Now you’re lucky that today is the first day of school so I will cut you some slack this morning, don’t let it happen again, Understand?” Xiumin quickly shock his head yes.

“I can’t hear you pipsqueak, can you hear him guys?” Tao asked turning to his stupid cronies all Wushu students like him, but non as talented as him. They knew it, he knew it, and he wasn’t afraid to flaunt it.

“You know what now that you say it Tao I don’t think I heard him either” One of the goons replied the others all coursed “yeah” from the background. Dang how many are there, Xiumin thought to himself, must have gotten more members over the summer. Great just great, better just apologize, his inner voice continued.

“I am very, very, sorry Tao, it won’t happen again I promise.” Xiumin said, ending it with what he hoped was a pathetic looking face that said that he was both sincere and terrified of the “oh so great Huang Zitao”.

“Much better, now scram before I change my mind” Tao finished. Xiumin didn’t have to be told twice he shut his locker and quickly walked towards his first class with the chorus of laughter that emitted from Tao’s group slowly fading as he walked.

How could you have lost track of time like that, stupid, stupid, stupid, Xiumin reprimanded himself as he turned the knob to his homeroom and took a seat in the back and pulled out a book to read as he waited for the bell to ring, and the inevitable filing in of students into the classroom.

“Buzzz”, that’s odd, Xiumin thought to himself, as he pulled his phone out of his back pocket, nobody ever texts me.

Hello honey hope your day is going well, mom and I forgot to tell you that you are going to have to walk to your mother’s classroom after school today, our schedules have changed since last year and we will not be able to pick you up any more. Sorry, Sorry. Love you! –Dad

Oh great, Xiumin thought as he slide his phone back where it belonged, Why do I ever expect anything to work my way? This day cannot go any better for me, Xiumin sarcastically thought as he began to place his book back in his bag, noticing it was close to time for class to start, since there were now other students occupying desks near him.

“Hey bud” someone standing above him said. He raised his head to face him and saw none other than the singing captain D.O. Why did you speak so soon, Xiumin reprimanded himself.

“Umm hello D.O., can I help you with something?” Xiumin politely asked with a fake smile on his face.

“Yeah you’re in my spot, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter