First Day Back.

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Right here is good mama” Tao said looking up from his phone.

“Oh but hon there are still two blocks left I can get you closer” His mother replied sweetly.

“It’s okay I need the walk” he said smiling over at her. His mother slowly pulled the car over to the curb

“If you’re sure sweetie” she replied bringing the car to a complete stop.

“Love you mama” Tao said as he leaned over giving his mother a kiss on her forehead “Remember I have practice after school so I’ll probably be home late”.

“I remember sweetie, you’ll still probably be home before me though, I have to work an extra shift today” she smiled at him “Have a great first day today okay?”

“Will do” He said stepping out of the car. He waved as she pulled away glad she accepted the excuse of exercise he couldn’t let the guys at school see his interaction with his mother they wouldn’t look at him the same. At school his was Tao, state wushu champion, not Tao, sweet sensitive boy, he was at home and he planned to keep it that way, he was not going to be the school punching bag again like he used to. Shuttering at the memories that flood his mind, he reaches the front gates of the school.

Lets do this, he thinks to himself taking a deep breath and leaving the nice version of himself at the gate.

“Hey bro, have you seen some of the new girls yet” one of his wushu brothers runs up to him, which one he’s not completely sure.

“I just got here so how could I” Tao replies icily.

“Yeah, yeah, that’s right” the guy says nervously. Luckily for the guy a couple other wushu guys come over to them.

“Hey Tao” a couple of them say avoiding eye contact. This pleases Tao because it shows how much power he really holds.

“Lets go I have to put some stuff in my locker” Tao says after a couple of minutes of mindless chatter.

“Lead the way boss” one of the guys says instantly making Tao like him more.

Opening the doors he hears some of the girls start to swoon and inwardly rolls his eyes at how stupid the whole situation is, if only they knew the true Tao they wouldn’t be acting this way, but then again that’s why he acts so tuff, so they never find out. Why he thinks to himself as he sees the small, innocent guy who has the locker next to his. Now I’m going to have to make an example of him.

“Are you almost finished there shorty?” Tao rudely asks the guy in front of him gathering the attention of those around them. “The door of your locker is blocking mine, again” He says like it is a terrible inconvenience to even have to talk to this guy.

“Ummm, sorry Tao” The small one mutters looking down towards his feet. Think Tao, he commands himself,f you don’t have to do anything to drastic today you’re just making an example.

“How many times do I have to tell you shrimp, I don’t want to see your ugly face each morning it ruins my day.” Not really I’m so sorry I’m so mean to you. “Now you’re lucky that today is the first day of school so I will cut you some slack this morning, don’t let it happen again, Understand?”

The little guy makes the mistake of just quickly shaking his head yes. Drat, Tao inwardly groans, why are you making it so hard for me to cut you slack, he wonders to himself?

“I can’t hear you pipsqueak, can you hear him guys?” Tao asks t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter