I don't undertand.

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The final bell rang, causing the nervous energy to pool inside of Suho’s stomach again. Lay is coming over tonight, his inner voice squealed in delight as he grabbed his bag and swiftly made his way towards the mass of students trying to leave the room.

“Suho, do you have one second?” the teacher asked politely. Oh no I messed up on that pop quiz he gave earlier, he thought to himself as he turned towards the teacher’s desk instead of the door. Lay is going to think you are an absolute failure, a rude inner voice says replacing the nerves he felt earlier with only dread.

“I’m sorry, did I do something wrong sir?” Suho questions in a soft tone, keeping his eyes on the surface of the desk.

“Ahh Suho, don’t worry you did nothing wrong” the teacher says giving a soft chuckle. “In fact I think you aced that pop quiz” Suho jerks his head up to see the teacher with his hand posed under his chin in thought.

“Then sir, if you don’t mind me asking, why did you call me up here?” Suho asked, voice still meek and respectful.

“Ohhh, right, well I have a student, I believe you know him, Lay, he said the other day that you tutor him” he paused and Suho gave a slight nod of his head in reply to his open ended question. “Well, I was going over the pop quiz that I gave his class earlier and he seemed to be having trouble on some of the material, I figured if you were meeting with him today you might want to go over it” he said holding out a paper.

“Thank you very much sir” Suho said as he grabbed the paper, scanning through Lay’s work. “Do you mind if I keep this, or should I just take a picture” Suho asked.

“I already imputed the score, so it's all yours. I hope this helps, I would hate to see Lay kicked off the squad because he can’t grasp the concepts in this class.” The teacher said. “Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with” he said with a smile on his face.

“Thank you again sir” Suho said giving a small smile in show of gratitude, before walking from the room. Once in the hallway, Suho set his bag down and slide Lay’s paper in it to keep it safe before starting to walk towards his dorm. Halfway there he felt his phone vibrate and pulled it swiftly from his pocket. Only one person ever texts me, Suho thinks suddenly giddy, as he opens the message.

I can leave earlier than I originally thought! :) Do you want to meet me outside the dance studio and we can walk to your place together?  -<3

The moment the words comprehended in his mind, Suho’s body turned back towards the school, back towards Lay. He pulled out his phone and typed a reply.

I was just about to leave, meet you in a few. –MYgenius

You could have just meet him at your place, a small voice inside his brain scolds while Suho slowly jogs the couple minutes’ walk back to the campus. But I want to see him now, another voice reasons as he slows to a walk near the dance studio. Suho grabs his phone and starts typing a message to Lay when a force nocks him over.

“Offf” a small sound escapes from Suho, as he topples to the ground with a body on top of him.

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry” the body on top of him says before extending a hand to help Suho to his feet. Accepting the hand Suho realizes the person he collided with is Xiumin.

“Yeah, no big deal” Suho says smiling over to Xiumin, while rubbing his hip. This is defiantly going to bruise, Suho thinks to himself feeling the numbing pin on his right hip. Looking up, Suho sees Lay exit the dance studio, “Don’t worry, have a good night Xiumin” Suho says in Xiumin’s direction before walking away at a pace he hopes isn’t too obvious. Stealing a quick glance behind him, and seeing Xiumin walking away Suho runs over to Lay’s side.

“Hi” he says softly smiling down at the ground. I’m so happy to see you, I’ve missed being close to you all day, he yells inside his mind.

“That’s all I get?” Lay’s question bombards Suho’s ears causing him to quickly look up and meet eyes with Lay.

“Whhh, whhhat do you mean?” Suho asks, scared of Lay’s possible answers. He watches Lay questionably as he leans forward.

“I didn’t mean to scare you Suho” Lay whispers, “I’ve missed you all day so I hope this is okay, but there is something I need to do” Suho watches a small smile filter across Lay’s face before he feels a small pressure on his lips, quick and soft. “How was your day today?” Lay asks pulling away. Suho watches as Lay looks around the campus for a couple seconds before linking their hands together, causing Suho to smile and look down at his feet as they walk towards his dorm.

“It was okay” Suho says softly. Better now, he adds inside his head. “How was your day Lay?” Suho asks looking at Lay from his peripheral view.

“Average” Lay says drugging his shoulders. They walk in a slightly awkward silence for a couple minutes before Lay lets out a long breath, “Suho wait” he says in a whisper before coming to a stop in the middle of the sidewalk about two minutes from Suho’s place. Oh no, what did I do wrong, Suho panics. Suho watches as Lay takes a deep breath and softly squeezes Suho’s hand he is holding onto. He is defiantly going to break up with you, his inner voice sneers. “I had a pop quiz in math today” Lay whispers, “I think I did really bad, I’m sorry Suho, Are you mad?” he adds, looking up into Suho’s gaze.

Suho has to hide the shock from his face before he replies. “I’m not mad Lay” Suho says squeezing Lay’s hand. “Your teacher actually gave me your quiz, so we can go over it tonight, if you had done a good job that would me you don’t need me anymore.” Suho adds giving a small smile.

“Well I don’t think that is likely to happen any time soon” Lay said giving a small laugh, “I’ll work extra hard tonight, teach” Lay adds, leaning down and Suho feels the familiar pressure of Lay’s lips for a quick second.

“Let’s get out of the cold” Suho says looking back down at his feet as they continued their walk.

“I’ll meet you inside” Lay said removing his hand from Suho’s once they reached the front of his building.

Quietly Suho rode the elevator up to his door. “Did I scare him away” he questioned aloud to the empty elevator. He unlocked his door and placed his door keys in the dish on the small table. Taking off his shoes and placing them inside the closet door, Suho marched over to the couch and pulled out the paper with Lay’s writing on it. This will be easy to fix, he thinks seeing little mistakes here and there throughout the test. Yeah if he ever comes back, another voice comments. Suddenly a knock on the door startles Suho out of his rude thoughts. “Coming” he calls out while setting the paper down. He raises to his feet and gazes out the peep hole to see who is at his door, the sight of a dlower makes his heart skip a beat.

He yanks the door open “Lay” he says overwhelmed with happiness.

“Of course sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter