Be By Your Side

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Messenger RNA (mRNA) is created by replicating a single strand of DNA. mRNA is necessary because it can leave the nucleus unlike the double stranded DNA. D.O. moans as he reads the same sentences in his science textbook for what feels like the seventh time. “There is no point” he says aloud as he closes his text book with a sigh. Standing up, D.O. grabs his empty glass off of his small table and carries it into the kitchen.

Placing the glass inside of the sink, D.O. looks at the clock on the microwave. Two thirty he reads with a frown. Still too early to get ready, he confirms. D.O. walks back from the kitchen and heads to the small coat closet next to the door where he keeps all his clothes. Opening the door he examines the suit that he had found folded at the bottom of one of his boxes the night prior, hanging proudly on a hanger now. “Still too wrinkly” he mutters aloud with a small pout on his lips. His attention is pulled away from his troubles when his phone vibrates from his small table.

Walking quickly, D.O. scoops up his phone less than a second after it vibrates. Sitting happily on his bed slash couch, D.O. does a small happy dance when he sees Kai’s screen name on his phone.

I’m backstage already. Sooooo boring. Did you find your suit? –ArrogantDancingBoy

D.O. pauses to gaze upon the attached picture before pressing reply,

I found it, but it is really wrinkly. –Beautiful

After pressing send D.O. goes back the earlier message and saves the picture of Kai to his phone. A new text from Kai pops up after the green checkmark of the picture being saved comes upon the screen.

My mom always has to iron my fathers and mine before an event like tonight. Haha. –ArrogantDancingBoy

Iron it, duh, D.O. thinks slapping a hand to his forehead. Before getting to his feet to search the house for an iron his phone lets out another buzz.

I have to go practice a little, Lay finally showed up. I can’t wait to see you!!! –ArrogantDancingBoy

Me either, D.O. thinks with a smile as he snaps his phone shut. Standing up again, D.O. heads to the small closet with his cloths and little belongings. Grabbing his suit, D.O. carried it back over to his couch and layer it out. With a determined attitude D.O. plugs his head phones into his i-pod and heads towards the bathroom in search of an iron. After going through every cupboard inside the bathroom, D.O. releases yet another sigh when he is still empty handed.

Pulling out his headphones from his ears and stuffing them in his pocket D.O. stands frozen in front of his grandmother’s door. You can do this, he thinks trying to pump himself up to knock on the door before him. Maybe we will be okay without it, a scared voice within him offers. No, he thinks courageously lifting a hand to knock. Remember you are doing this for Kai, he thinks opening the door before he can turn back.

“Grandma” D.O. says in a shaky voice as he enters the room.

“What do you want” a grouchy voice asks.

“I was wondering if we have an iron” D.O. whispers as he looks down at his toes.

“Why would you ever need an iron, not like you have anyone you would want to impress” His grandmother says. D.O. looks up to see the woman inserting a large dangling earing into her ear as he feels his checks warm at her words. “No way, I don’t believe it” she says with a cackle. “It’s on the top shelf of my closet over there” she says with a nod of her head in the direction she was talking about. “I’m going to go visit your mother and that wonderful family of her's, I’m staying the night, too bad I won’t be here to see your tears when you come back crushed because the person you are so head over heels for realizes how pathetic you are” she says with a cackle again before she leaves the apartment.

“Kai doesn’t think I’m pathetic” he yells out after the front door slams. His family will if they see your suit that way though, he thinks heading towards his grandmother’s closet. Unfortunately D.O. is too short to reach the shelf inside the closet, maybe I really am pathetic, he thinks while looking around the room and finally spotting a chair. Sliding the chair close to the closet, D.O. climbs on it to reach the item he is after. Iron in hand D.O. puts the chair back in its place before exiting his grandmother’s bedroom, closing the door behind him.

Heading back to the room he calls his own, D.O. grabs two towels. The first thing he does when reaching the couch is move his suit to the small table. After he lays the two towels out on the couch to protect it from the heat of the iron. Then he plugs in the iron, pacing between the couch and the kitchen sink as his nerves regarding the night’s dinner skyrockets.

Three fifteen D.O. reads from the microwave clock before heading back to the couch to start his work. After laying the suit jacket out upon the couch carefully D.O. picks up the iron and slowly begins to straighten the jacket out. Once he is pleased with the way the jacket looks D.O. grabs his white shirt and starts ironing it as well. Putting the iron aside D.O. smiles down at the wrinkle and crease free shirt, vest, and jacket. Filled with some unknown energy D.O. pulls the freshly pressed item of clothing on.

With a smile, D.O. holds his phone up and takes a few photographs of himself. Part of him feels weird while doing it but a small part, a really tiny part, knows th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter