Being What He Needs.

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nice of you to join us Sehun” the soccer coach hollered from his spot in front of the whole team. Sehun scampered over to an empty spot on a bench next to one of his teammates, a couple snickers could be herd.

“Sorry sir I got held up in my last class” Sehun said, hoping that the coach would end his scolding there.

“As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted” the coach starts to pace the ground in front of the team, “tryouts will be held a week from tomorrow.”

“Next Friday coach?” someone questions.

“Yes” the coach says letting out a small huff he picks up where he left off, “tryouts will determine who joins our team for this season.”

“Obviously” Sehun says lightly under his breath, causing the boy next to him to laugh rather loudly.

“Something you boys want to add back there” the coach says looking towards Sehun and narrowing his eyes. “Again, as I was saying, tryouts will determine who joins our team, but” he says pausing on the last word to add suspense, “they will also determine who will be leaving the team, if there is someone who tries out and is better than you I will not hesitate to cut you and replace you” the coach says glaring over in Sehun’s direction again. Sehun takes in a deep breath, you’re too good to be replaced, he thinks to himself. “It makes no difference to me if you are the team captain or if you made the game winning save last season, I will cut you if there is someone better. Keep that in mind as we practice this week, I’m watching” he scans his eyes over each boy in front of him for influence. “Go get changed, we have forty minutes until this class period is over and I intend to use every second of it, chop chop.” He turns his back, walking out of the locker room and heading out onto the field.

The locker room is a mad dash as boys rush to their lockers and change into their soccer gear, hoping to impress coach enough to stay on the team. Sehun slowly makes his way over to his locker not really caring about coaches’ threats earlier. He won’t find anyone better than me, maybe Luhan, but he’s already on the team, he thinks to himself as he changes.

“Do you really think he’d cut me?” Luhan asks causing Sehun to spin around and face him.

“No way Luhan, coach was just trying to scare the slackers. You are the best person on this team, there is no one in this entire school who is better than you.” Sehun says hoping that Luhan can hear the sincerity in his voice.

Luhan lets out a little laugh as they begin to leave the locker room and head to the field. “There is one person at this school who I know for a matter of fact that is better than me.” Luhan says sincerely.

“Well you don’t have to flatter me so much” Sehun says jokingly fluttering his eye lashes at Luhan.

“Yah, not you silly” Luhan says playfully shoving Sehun away. “He’s not on the team, if he was we would truly be unstoppable.”

“What? Who?” Sehun says as he stops walking, “we have to convince him to join the team if he is really as good as you say he is.”

“It’s that kid that you always pick on in our class after lunch” Luhan says shrugging his shoulders and walking away.

“Wait, that nerd? No way,” Sehun yells as he jogs after Luhan, “How do you know?”

“He used to be my best friend” Luhan says shrugging his shoulders and walking over to the rest of the team ending the conversation.

What???, Sehun thinks to himself, there is no way that kid is better than Luhan he is way too nerdy.

“Okay” the coach yells quieting all the boys. “You half” he motions to half the boy” team Luhan the rest of you team Sehun, let’s get this show on the road boys, remember I’m watching” he warns again before blowing his whistle.

Sehun takes his place inside the goal and gazes out onto the field. We are definitely not going to win this match up, he thinks from his spot as he watches Luhan drive the ball up the field zigzagging in and out of all the defenders. As Luhan comes closer Sehun crouches down a little and tries to gage where Luhan will try to penetrate the goal. Sehun makes his move a fraction too soon and silently curses himself as Luhan scores the first goal of the game.

“Sorry” Luhan says smiling as he runs away. Yeah sure, he thinks as he grabs the ball and passes it out to one of his teammates.

“Sehun, what was that, are you dreaming in there” coach yells from the side lines. “Great job, Luhan”

Sehun watches his teammate as he drives the ball mere inches before Luhan is on him, stealing the ball away. He crouches down again trying to gage Luhan, a he’s staring, Luhan smiles at Sehun causing him to lose focus, he goes after the ball but it has already rolled through. Stop it, not now, Sehun yells at himself.

“Thanks” Luhan says giggling lightly as he jogs away.

“Sehun, did you not hear me earlier I am watching” the coach yells again.

Sehun again throws the ball over to one of his teammates. He watches as his teammates try to drive the ball only to have it quickly stolen again by Luhan. He is amazing, Sehun thinks to himself as he gets ready inside the goal. Even his hair looks perfect, I bet it is super soft, snap out of it, he orders himself. Sehun is so wrapped up in thoughts of Luhan, he doesn’t see the pass and score by one of Luhan’s teammates.

“Sehun your supposed to guard the goal, not leave it wide open” Luhan says jokingly before jogging away again laughing softly.

“Enough” coach yells as he blows his whistle from the sidelines, “bring it in. Go change, leave my sight” he motions towards the locker room. “I was just joking earlier about getting a new goalie, but if you play like this again tomorrow” the coach just shakes his head as he walks away.

Sehun quickly showers, then changes before leaving the locker room.

“Sehun wait up” Luhan yells hair dripping wet as he pulls his shirt on. Beautiful, Sehun thinks to himself.

“I think I left something in my other class” Sehun lies “Save my spot at lunch, I’ll be there” he says smiling before walking away.

After walking away from the cafeteria, Sehun walks into the nearest restroom. “What the hell is wrong with me?” Sehun yells as he enters the restroom. A freshman gives off a little yelp from where he is washing his hands.

“Calm down bro” he says mockingly as he dries his hands and leaves the room.

Carefully checking the restroom for anyone else Sehun sits on the edge of a sink and puts his head in his hands before mumbling to himself. “Sehun chill, you like Luhan that’s cool, but you don’t know if you Luhan likes you, he definitely isn’t going to like you if you keep playing like a loser whenever you look at him” he lets out a small groan and stands facing his reflection. He opens his mouth to say more to his reflection when the door begins to open.

“Get out” he yells not even glancing at the intruder.

“Jerk” the person mutters as he turns away.

“Okay” Sehun says to his reflection, “you my friend have got to become a better goalie, what will you be to Luhan if you lose your place on the team, nothing” he says clearly. “Once you keep your spot on the team you can worry about your feelings for Luhan” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter