Best Burgers.

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay stood still in the middle of the empty spare bedroom, allowing his body to become accustomed to the tempo of the music pouring through the speakers. Removing all thought from his mind he began to let the music consume him. With the music playlist on repeat he lost all sense of time and was fully immersed in the way the rhythm and melody of the music moved through his body. He could have kept going for much longer if it weren’t for the shrill call of his name.

“Lay, come in here now mister and eat your lunch, you already missed breakfast” his mother called from outside the door.

Lay rushed over turning the music off before running to the door and opening it to his step-mother’s stern face. “I’m sorry mom, I lost track of time” he said lowering his head, not daring to meet her eyes.

“Yeah, whatever, go shower you stink, lunch is on the table when your clean” she instructed turning her back and marching off towards the living room.

Ugg I’ve got to go brush my teeth, Lay says to himself as he walks towards his room and the connecting bathroom, calling her that felt so wrong. Dad would have been mad at you if you called her anything else, a timid voice replies to the stronger voice, as he steps into the shower. Don’t worry, this one will last about as long as the other two before, he reassures himself as he lathers soap into his hair, she will be gone soon and then dad will be back on the dating scene for a while until the cycle repeats itself all over again, he says sarcastically as he towels himself dry. He throws on a pair of gray skinny jeans and a white tank top before making his way into the kitchen, passing the living room he hears that dreaded woman speaking to someone. Curiosity getting the better of him he decides to peek into the room and see who she is talking to.

“Stop calling here,” she yells into a phone, “Nobody here wants to speak to you.”

Wow, he thinks, I’m glad I wasn’t one the receiving end of that banter. Walking into the kitchen he grabs the plate with a turkey sandwich on it and takes a seat. While eating, the scene he had witnessed previously, plays again in his mind. For some reason it doesn’t quite make sense and then it clicks his wonderful step mother had been yelling into a black phone not her usual pink glittery phone. She was talking to someone on my phone, he thinks jumping from his seat and heading towards the living room to confront her.

“Who were you talking to earlier, it sounded pretty heated” he asks casually. Don’t let her know you suspect anything, he reminds himself trying to remain level headed.

“Your phone kept ringing it was interrupting my show so I answered and told them to stop calling” She says flatly staring straight at the television.

“Who did you talk to?” Lay asks. Stay calm, he reminds himself, it was probably just Kai he’ll understand once you tell him, no big deal.

“Su Do, Su Fu, I don’t know Su something” she says shrugging her shoulders.

He feels himself lose his temper, “Suho” he yells running over and placing himself right in the center of the screen.

“Hey, move I’m watching that” she says standing up.

“I don’t care, did you or did you not answer my phone and talk to a boy named Suho” he asks remaining glued to his spot on the floor, hands curled up into fists at his sides.

“Who cares if I did, now move” she says pushing Lay causing him to stumble, “just call him back jeez”

“Give me my phone now, and don’t ever answer it again do you hear me” Lay yelled. Taking his phone back, Lay quickly redials Suho’s number as his step mother regains her spot on the couch. The call goes straight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter