Need You??

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin slumped into his seat in English, mixed emotions from his encounter with both Luhan and Sehun swirling around in his head. Why is it that every time I try to hate him for everything he has done he makes it seem like it was my fault, Xiumin wonders dropping his head upon the table.

“Xiu what’s wrong” Chen’s voice calls out beside him, Xiumin feeling a warm hand on his shoulder. “Does it still hurt that bad, I can take you to the nurse” Chen continues to ask. Xiumin lifts his head from his desk and smiles at the concerned face of Chen above him.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you, I don’t even notice it that much anymore to be honest” Xiumin replied honestly.

“Okay” Chen says, Xiumin watches as Chen takes the seat in front of him looking a little defeated.

“I just got out of science where I had to be lab partners with Luhan” Xiumin whispers, feeling obligated to tell Chen, but half way hoping that Chen won’t be able to hear his confession.

“I understand” Chen whips around in his seat and places is hand on Xiumin’s atop his desk, “and I’m sorry Xiu” Xiumin watches as a sincere smile covers Chen’s face. Xiumin can only manage to smile back, lost for a second in the emotions playing themselves through Chen’s eyes.

“Okay class” the teacher calls, breaking the moment. “Today we are going to do a little project off of the story that we read yesterday” she says, as Xiumin’s hand is given one final squeeze by Chen before he turns around. “You will have to break down the story from yesterday by describing the plot, you will also need to illustrate the setting and five characters you think were key to the story.” Xiumin listened to the teacher instruct from the front of the room. Easy enough, Xiumin reasoned with himself, I can do that no problem I just hope she doesn’t turn it into more group work, I don’t think I could handle another group project right now, he thinks as Luhan’s blank face from earlier flashes before his eyes. “This will be an individual project” the teacher started but was interrupted by several upset moans, “However” she dragged out to quite the room, “you may talk with the people around you while you work” she said as a couple people cheered. “I recommend that you do a rough draft on lined paper before you transfer it the final paper that can be found on my desk when you are ready” she said giving the class one final smile before moving behind her desk, signaling that everyone was free to start.

“Hey Xiu” Chen said turning back to meet eyes with him.

“Huh” Xiumin uttered, not looking up from his paper, to signal that he was listening.

“What time are you coming by to take my beauty shot today” Chen asked. I bet his smile is as wide as his face right now, Xiumin thinks to himself not daring to look up to meet Chen.

“After the last class, I’ll try and be there before you guys start to practice, so that I don’t interrupt you” Xiumin says while listing the characters from the story on his paper.

“Okay sounds good” Chen says, based on the noise Xiumin figures that Chen has turned around. Why are you so mean to Chen, a small voice questions within him. I don’t deserve how he treats me, another voice replies to the first.

Minutes passed slowly as Xiumin worked quietly, noise from everyone else's conversations filling the room. Pausing from his work for a second Xiumin took the opportunity to gaze around the room. The first thing his eyes landed on was Chen in front of him working diligently on his project while swaying from side to side slightly. He’s probably singing to himself, Xiumin thinks as a smile plays its way onto his face, His voice is heavenly, a small voice swoons in his mind, oh hush, another voice scolds. Xiumin moves his gaze before he breaks down and starts talking to Chen, his eyes land on Baekhyun and Chanyeol who are facing each other.  Xiumin watched as Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s hands meet atop the desk as they each moved to grab the same colored pencil.

“Sorry Baek” Xiumin heard Chanyeol’s deep voice whisper as he pulled his hand back quickly. Shocked, Xiumin watched as Baekhyun picked up the pencil and placed it in Chanyeol’s hand holding it there for an obvious amount of time.

“It’s okay Chanyeol, nobody is watching” Xiumin’s ears heard Baekhyun whisper as a small blush appeared on his cheeks. I guess Luhan’s new name for me actually fits, Xiumin thought as a small, evil laugh built up in his mind. Nobody is right heard Baekhyun, his inner voice said mockingly, and guess what, he has seen everything.

“That beanie looks better on you, than it ever did one me” Xiumin hears Chanyeol whisper to Baekhyun, who gives a small smile as reply.

Oh I can’t wait for the traveling singing competitions start, Xiumin thinks to himself as he lowers his gaze down to work on his project for a couple minutes. I can’t even begin to imagine the ammunition I can find, not only against these two, but everyone when the school year finally gets going.

Xiumin sat, pencil poised over his paper, imagining the demise of Tao in particular until a little giggle behind him pulled him from his thoughts. Xiumin turned around slowly to reveal a blushing Suho staring at his phone, covering his mouth with his hand. No way, goody-two shoes Suho on his phone in class, Xiumin thinks jokingly as he watches Suho stare at his phone not even seeing Xiumin, I bet I know who that’s from, Xiumin thinks.

“Hey Suho, who you texting” Xiumin asks in his sweet innocent tone.

“Lay” Suho says dreamily, not looking from his phone. Xiumin smirks quickly and then covers it up as he watches Suho shake his head slightly and then open his eyes wide as if realizing what he had just said. “Umm…I tutor Lay after school…..in math” Suho stuttered out quickly. “I was just…. Making sure he was still coming over tonight….. to study of course” Suho said while stuffing his phone away inside his pocket. “Please don’t tell the teacher I was on my phone” Suho says looking at Xiumin eyes wide.

“Don’t wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter