Friends Forever?

Why Can't Anyone See Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay” Sehun whispers into Luhan’s ear. He had been keeping a close eye on Luhan during their lunch and managed to get the other away from Xiumin as soon as possible, but still Sehun could sense something was off with the other and didn’t know exactly how to approach it.

“Yeah, I think” Luhan mutters. Sehun watches how Luhan walks beside him to their shared class with a perplexed look upon his face, as if there was a problem floating around in his head whose answer was just outside of his reach.

“Are you worried about something” Sehun questions the other, hoping that Luhan will explain what is happening inside his head. You can talk to me Lu I’ll make time to listen whenever, unlike my father, Sehun thinks bitterly to himself

“Not really, I just feel…” Luhan says and then looks up and locks eyes with Sehun, “I don’t know.” Luhan sighs. “I feel like something is off, something is wrong, and I don’t know how to fix it” Luhan admits and Sehun sees something close to pleading inside the others eyes. Mom’s taking Soonyi to dance, dad has a meeting, Sehun thinks, I can make this work especially if it is what Luhan needs.

“Well how about after school you and I go over to my place, snuggle up on the couch to whatever you want to watch and just let your problems fade to the back of your mind” Sehun suggests carefully reading Luhan’s face for any reaction towards his words. He notices Luhan's face lights up at the mention of a date of sorts but fight with himself on whether or not to except it. “I heard somewhere that for some people solutions to problems come especially when they are not fixating on that problem” Sehun adds with a sly shrug hoping it will tip the scale in his favor.

“Alright, that sounds like it could be a lot of fun” Luhan says with a smile, “but” he adds, “I don’t think I’m ready to meet your family as your, we you know… boyfriend” Luhan stands on tip toes and whispers the last word directly into Sehun’s ear. A shiver runs through Sehun’s body because of Luhan’s action.

“Well my family will be out doing things so we will not have to cross that road until you are one hundred percent ready for it” Sehun says with a smile. Too many eyes, he repeats internally to push down the overwhelming urge to press kisses all over the perfection of Luhan’s face.

“Thanks Sehun” Luhan says as they near their science class, “I think I already feel a little bit better” he says as the cross the thresh hold to their classroom.

“Good” Sehun responds before making his way to his seat.

Minutes later Sehun watches Xiumin take his seat beside him and looks back to Luhan’s seat to insure the other is busy.

“Hey Xiumin” says with a genuine smile to the other.

“Good afternoon Sehun” Xiumin replies as he pillages through his backpack.

“So we have our first game this Saturday” Sehun brings up casually reading the other boy’s face as he speaks.

“Yeah, good luck with that” Xiumin says clicking his pencil. Sehun watches as lead comes out of the other boy’s pencil before he pushes it back in and sets it upon the table top next to his pad of paper.

“I was wondering if you are busy on Sunday” Sehun asks.

“The day after the game” Xiumin asks, confusion written across the others face once he finally makes eye contact.

“Yeah coach always records the games, I was wondering if I brought film we could go over it and you could make a plan to help me fix my errors” Sehun says, admitting a plan aloud he had been considering for a while now.

“Well my Sunday is pretty empty” Xiumin says with a shrug. “Can I ask why me instead of Luhan though” the other asks after a pause.

“Well I need to improve for Luhan” Sehun admits before he realizes who he is speaking to about who exactly. “and the whole team you know, they work really hard to keep the ball on the other side of the field and on the odd chance that it comes my way they all need to be able to depend on me” he adds swiftly. Luhan especially, his internal voice says honestly. “Plus Luhan is really busy and I like your teaching style, I think I have a lot to learn from you” Sehun ends.

“Wow you really take that whole goalie thing seriously” Xiumin says with wide eyes. “That’s really awesome, I wish more people could understand the truth behind those words you just uttered” Xiumin says with a sad smile before looking down. Sehun looks at the other boy and could swear he heard mention of Luhan’s name, but isn’t one hundred percent certain.

The teacher comes in and turns on a short clip about cell replication. Sehun finds himself wondering what type of movie Luhan will chose and imagining their afternoon together. Once the bell rings he looks down at an empty note paper and scolds himself.

“I’ll text you Saturday to make sure you still want to meet up Sunday, you never know how you’ll feel after the game” Xiumin says as he packs up his things. “Good luck out there by the way” Xiumin says before standing up and taking a few steps before turning back, “I was reading up on your opponent last night, it appears that they have a really dirty player on their side, make sure you and…and Luhan.. play smart out there okay” Xiumin says with a nod of his head before leaving. Why don’t you play soccer anymore Xiumin it is practically flowing through your veins, Sehun wants to question but holds back.

Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter